Arena Gary Bettman Sucks! The NHL Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    At the time it looked like he was due for a real breakout season. He was decent for NJ.
  2. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I really wonder what happened to him.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    We should meet up at a Hershey game. Or at Gettysburg and simply shoot at each other from opposing hillsides.
  4. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I'm in.
  5. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Brian Burke fired, Dave Nonis as GM
  6. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Yeah....I don't get the timing of this. Something must have happened in the last few days.

Doesn't look like we'll have enough teams this year for fantasy. Anyone else?
  7. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'd be in again.
  8. Frank T. Force Ghost

star 6
    About how much time and effort is required for your fantasy game?
  9. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    About 5 minutes a day to adjust your roster
  10. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    It's up to you to be honest. :p We've done a live draft in the past which I don't think has ever gone longer than 30-40 minutes. But after that it depends on how committed you are.
  11. Frank T. Force Ghost

star 6
    My participation would depend on when the draft takes place.
  12. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Well again currently we only have four people interested (I would want at the very least 8). Regardless, if the season starts on the 19th I'm thinking sometime Monday to Wednesday during the evening EST. Sunday night could work for me too.
  13. Frank T. Force Ghost

star 6
    Well let me know if you got 7 and need one more.
  14. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    To be honest, I've participated the last three-ish years, and have never actually been present for the draft. I've done auto-drafting and my team's been fairly okay.
  15. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
  16. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There have been rumors about that for days. And the Pens sent me a text about it yesterday. You're behind, Juliet. :p
  17. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Well it's not like I normally follow the sport anyway. Just when stories like this and the playoffs come up.:p
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I will be there for Flyers/Pens opening day. We just picked up Kurtis Foster on D. Aside from being a huge guy who hits hard and has been recovering from some injuries, who is this fella? I usually have a brainful of knowledge on players in the top 3-4 tiers of the sport, but I just know the surfacy stuff on this guy...
    DarthTunick likes this.
  19. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nice! I don't think that my parents know which games they're going to yet this season. Pens-Flyers are usually the ones people go for...guess we'll see who gets 'em.
  20. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I would up loosing 4 games out of my 10 pack to the lockout. First game is the Sharks home opener but since they start on the road it's not until next week. 10 days until I'm back at an NHL game! [face_dancing]
  21. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    My brother is going to the opener for the Pen's and getting me a new jersey with that nice 50% off discount the Penguins are offering. I don't have a Lemieux jersey anymore so that's what I'm hoping he can get me. With Tom Barrasso as my #2 choice. I'd say the Pens are doing a nice thing for fans with the 50% off, free food and all the contests and games this week. Thought the lightning have the best deal with the $200 season ticket.
  22. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yep, that's a really nice perk that the Pens are doing. Does anyone know if any other clubs are doing anything similar?
  23. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Oh yeah, I'm sure the Leafs will do something that involves lowering prices. 8-}
  24. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    San Jose is doing half price jerseys as well. They will also have lots of raffle prizes at the home opener like jerseys off the players back after the game, hotel stays, etc. As cool as having a game worn sweater would be... I don't know if I want a recently game worn sweater.
  25. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Still deciding if i should watch on Saturday