main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was sincerely baffled that NY's top line didn't pan out. How is that even possible? By the start of the 2nd, Nash was skating on a different line. King Henry was filthy in net tonight. 38 shots and he was a champ.

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Another Sharks victory, another gutless 2-goal game for Patrick Marleau. There were free hats there at Opening Night at the Tank and I was so disappointed he didn't take a shot at the open net in the final minute and instead opted to pass. 17,000 hats raining down would have been pure beauty. Seriously though, the Sharks had a fantastic come from behind victory tonight. Down 3-1, they scored 4 goals in the final 10 minutes of the game. I'm loving what I'm seeing from San Jose this year. If they can just fix the PK they'll be golden.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree with you. Gaborik may be the best pure scorer we have, but Nash attacks the net like none of our wings can, and should always be paired with Richards, at least.

Henry was great, but all props to Bryz for stopping Nash on the 5on3. That was the game breaker, he was incredible in the 3rd. What do you think about Philly signing Knuble?

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    heels1785: While I have no delusion of Knuble scoring... or even being healthy... at the level he maintained from 05-09 with us, the man is invaluable as a leader to a team as young as ours. While I certainly hope he can contribute on the ice, I am far more interested in his impact in the locker room. When Sean Couturier, Brayden Schenn, Scott Laughton, Tye McGinn, Zac Rinaldo, Matt Read, etc. are all only (at most) starting their 2nd year, losing Jagr's "work ethic" as far as studying the game, training, and approaching each game seriously has serious implications. To have a hard working veteran there to co-sign Timonen is a great situation.

Next morning, and I am still shaking my head over the Richards/Nash/Gaborik line somehow not gelling. That pairing should be on the cover of SI.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Gaborik had a trick the game before. I think they're doing okay. :p

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Torts broke them up.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think he'll stick with them, they're the 27 million dollar line- gotta pull through some time, right? With Taylor Pyatt starting to catch fire, he can slide onto the 2nd, where Stepan and Callahan already have developed a good bond. I'm much more worried about our 2nd and 3rd defensive pairings than our offense, honestly.

Torts is taking a ton of flack right now, and it's not helping that DZ and Callahan also trashed the effort last night- that's raw meat for the NY media, especially for a team favored by most to at least give the Pens a run in the East.

Schedule doesn't get a lot easier, but we do get three at home next week- obviously Boston, Philly, and Pittsburgh are outstanding teams, regardless of week 1 records. We should get by Toronto, try to get at least one win between the Pens and Flyers, and then roll into the third week strong against the Lightning, Devils, and Islanders- all very winnable games.

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    It kind of annoys me how there really aren't that many super lines like there used to be (Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson, Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin, etc). I mean, I get why coaches break them up but there's nothing more magical than having three elite players skating together.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree. I grew up watching Mario-Jagr and the Legion of Doom skating on the top lines together. Next to the Rangers, I guess you could call Kane-Toews-Sharp one (I'm not even sure they skate together anymore, haven't caught a ton of Hawks this year), and Sedin-Sedin-Burrows, although I think that one was broken up a few nights ago.

10. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Kane and Sharp are still together but with Bolland
    Toews is with Hossa and it doesn't matter who you put them with that's a super front line

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Detroit definitely misses Lidstrom

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Kovalchuk wins it in OT vs Caps. Looking forward to seeing if Vancouver shows up this time against the Ducks in the nightcap.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I sincerely miss the Legion of Doom line.

Watch out for the Islanders. I think they may have awakened from their 2 decade coma.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Brad Stuart with the hit of the year so far, unreal.

Sharks look strong against Avs.

15. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I've got a pair of tickets center ice and lower level for tomorrow's Hawks vs Wings. You can all be jealous now:p

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Man, that sounds awesome. Should be a great game too.

Rangers sign Jason Arnott to one year deal, comes full circle with Glen Sather. I like the move, good stability on the lower lines.

17. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    That sucked! C'mon, get it together guys! (Still, seeing that the Caps are 0-3 makes my day!)

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Awesome win after a horrible start. Boyle and Staal were great, and Girardi and McDonough did a great job shutting down Kessel. Nash did a lot right, but that first line needs a bit more time to gel.

Much needed win, I'll take it!

19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Patrick Marleau has now opened the season with back-to-back-to-back-to-back 2 goal games. This hasn't been done since 1917. Roenick probably thinks he's still not playing with enough heart though.

heels1785 likes this.
  20. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I hate Roenick. He's such douchebag.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    No Arnott in NY, failed his physical. Would've been a nice surplus and boost on PP, but I think we'll be alright with who we've got.

And Frank T., hope you enjoyed that game- was a wild one.

22. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, thanks. Wasn't very wild but I left happy. Hawks were tired. Lucky for them Detroit sucks.

23. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Marleau scored again.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  24. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Going for that Rocket Richard trophy.

25. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    The shorter season might make that possible for him. He tends to fade in the second half of the season.