main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  2. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
  3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    He's right guys. The best player in the world is Dany Heatley because he's a ****in' all star.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

Woah. Nathan Horton to Columbus- interesting, great signing for the Jackets.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Glad that Scuds is back with the Pens. Not too broken up about the departure of Cooke. That'll probably be good in the long run.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A 6-horse goalie carousel ride later and the Flyers somehow arrive back at their actual plan with Emery...

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Leafs sign Clarkson and re-signed Bozak and Bernier HECK YES,

Now Nonis, all you gotta do is re-sign Kadri, Franson and Gunnarsson

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    HOLY CRAP bad news for Devil Fans, Ilya Kovalchuk announced his retirement from the NHL.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    At 30? That's shocking.

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Clarkson and Kovalchuk gone? It's all up to you....Ryane Clowe.

He's going to play in the KHL most likely.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Doesn't he have back issues?

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    You mean that 15 year contract didn't work out in New Jersey's favor? Shocker.

Darth McClain likes this.
  14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Kovalchuk really screwed the Devils over by not retiring before the NHL draft. Now the Devils don't have a pick next year (they lost it when they first signed Kovalchuk and rolled it over to next year's draft before they knew Kov was gone) and they missed out on the top free agents. I feel bad for them and I'm a Rangers fan.

Motion to change thread name to Ilya Kovalchuk Sucks

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Yeah that was a pretty big dick move on his part. I'm sure they would have thrown more money at Clarkson if they had known he was retiring. If he plays in the KHL the Devils should get compensated for it no?

17. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Well didn't they lose him when his contract expired while he was injured? Hopefully he can help the flyers move forward. It seems like every time they take a step forward, they trip and fall on their rear ends.

18. Mad_Vornskr

Mad_Vornskr Jedi Master

Sep 5, 2003
    Now that I've had some time to digest it, I'm still feeling betrayed, but also slightly relieved by Kovalchuk's retirement. I feel betrayed because the Devils lose their best offensive player and a player I had grown to really like, after forfeiting draft picks and money to get him that big contract. But I feel relieved now that the contract is basically gone. The Devils will pay $250,000 per year in cap recapture penalties through 2024-25, but that's a lot less than it would have been had he retired a few years down the road. Plus they don't have to pay the rest of his contract.

It's a good thing I didn't buy the Kovalchuk jersey I was planning on buying for next season...

19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  20. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    [​IMG]

This isn't the first Asylum movie that the Sharks have had to endure. Giant Shark vs. Mega Octopus came out just as the Sharks and Red Wings were facing off in the playoffs a few years back.

21. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Awesome that Fred Shero is finally in the Hall. It's about freaking time!

22. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    We're less than a month away from preseason guys!

23. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Are we there yet?

Says the newcomer-to-this-thread, long-enough-time-Sharks-fan who refuses to buy Center Ice and therefore lives at the mercy of NBC Sports Network and local broadcast Kings and Ducks games (so, obviously, I always get to watch teams I love).

Darth-Lando likes this.
  24. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I imagine being a Sharks fan is tough. Always a contender, never keeping it together late in the playoffs.

25. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    We actually have developed a unique culture of suffering where we believe that all of our pain will one day be rewarded. Or that's just how we keep our psyche together when we're the oldest NHL team to never have made it to the Stanley Cup Finals as our core gets older and older.

But luckily all my other sports teams are pretty terrible so I was well-conditioned to latch onto the Sharks. Well, that and a whole series of events ranging from my fourth grade binder to the Sharks being the only team I could watch for four years in college combined for me to become a Sharks fan.