main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yep, spot on. He will have a longer leash than most, just because he is a legend out there, and the fanbase is actually great. But he will inevitably fail, because the Avs front office is atrocious and he won't get the pieces he needs if he stays 10 years, they won't spend the money and Duchene, the brightest star, will go if he becomes too expensive.

I wish Roy had taken a gig elsewhere, he was a great player and I'd prefer not to see that tarnished.

2. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Colorado put on a good show but Leafs weren't at their best at all, they played like garbage. I feel like Colorado is a good team when not challenged too harshly, once they come up on some tougher teams that shut down Duchene and that line theyre dead in the water. And where was that goalie from? Varlamov? Did he come from Washington or am I thinking of a different player.

And always count on the tsn Analysts to spout garbage. Mitchel is the best fourth line center in the league, wow guys calm yourself...full season here coming...

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Nope, Varlamov did come from Washington via free agency.

I think I'll give Roy a year and a half. I'd expect him to miss the playoffs this year and then get off to a bad start that the honeymoon will no longer cover.

Of course, given the state of my usual sports predictions, watch him win the Cup at the end of this season. [face_laugh]

Also, as much as I know buying Center Ice would ruin any semblance of a social life that I have, part of me still really wants it so I can watch teams I care about instead of the Ducks and the Kings.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I got Center Ice on my computer. It's so nice to have.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Is it too early to start saying Hertl for Calder? 6 goals in 3 games including 4 tonight. Best game I've been to in a while. :D

EDIT: Goal #4 sure was a beauty.
    [​IMG]

Trieste and Frank T. like this.
  6. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Datsyukian.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Pretty terrible game.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Pulled a Datsyuk and was successful.

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl!

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Halak is playing out of his mind tonight

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Since I was only able to get a little bit up regarding Hertl earlier due to lack of access to a real computer, I fear that now there are going to be unrealistically high expectations for this kid this year as a result of last night's game. Anything less than 164 goals this season will be viewed as a total and abject failure.

That and other teams are going to start keying in on him, just like they did on Couture in the past couple of years.

12. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Same with Kadri, he's not going to do anything like his numbers last year and people will be angry.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Nash out two weeks after Brad Stuart's illegal check.

Usually after a 2-9 loss I wouldn't say this, but I hope we see the Sharks again.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Hertl should score 6 goals his next game.

15. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    You should just hope Thornton never get's a 4 goal game.
    There's a reason they call him "Jumbo". [face_hypnotized]

Trieste, Frank T. and heels1785 like this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Thornton is awesome.

Anaheim tonight. God, will I be happy when this Western swing is over. It has not been pretty.

Go Rangers.

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Well I did not see that coming.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Finally got to watch a Jackets game. Beat Buffalo 4-1. 2nd game I got to watch this year. Red Wings last saturday.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Mike Fisher should be suspended for his dirty hit on Franson

Leafs beat Preds 4-0

Bernier is a beast and so is Reilly

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rangers hideous tonight

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    King Hank went full idiot on the 4th goal

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I keep forgetting that there is a free preview to Center Ice.

23. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Nah, they only suspend players who jump off the bench in a pre season game to defend a team mate not for making players bleed. LOL.

Looks like Reimers out of a job eh and Reilly should stay up, we need him back there.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Reims ain't out of it yet, he'll more than likely playing Tuesday unless Bernier gets another shut out on Saturday and i agree on Reilly, jeeze he looks like a seasoned Vet out there

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Reimers can't leave. Whose girlfriend will Elisha Cuthbert not roll her eyes at if they get rid of him?