main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Agreed, but I'm still waiting for the answer.

2. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Hmmm... What are the Toronto Maple Leafs?

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Jackets are in!

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Some team that apparently plays in the NHL

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Sharks are officially locked in against the Kings in the first round now.
    [​IMG]

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    SJ vs LA? That will be awesome to see, but don't who I would root for.

7. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    SJ always chokes it up, they always own the regular season then take a nose dive in the playoffs. Everyone always says, "Oh but this year the Sharks look good" only to have them lose again.

That being said, I'd love for SJ to beat LA. I want a new winner this year, not the same old PIT, BOS, CHI, LA.

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    But this time it's for real.

Volderon likes this.
  9. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    In all seriousness, the Sharks might be able to benefit from not having sent so many players to the Olympics (if Olympic fatigue is a real thing). I think both Chicago and St. Louis had 10 players playing in Sochi.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd prefer we beat the Sabers and Habs, as long as it doesn't change anything for the playoffs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Because it's time to beat the hell out of Hartnell.

11. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    This again? Sorry if they're on past your bedtime but the Sharks haven't "choked" since '09 when they won the President's Trophy and **** the bed in the first round against the Ducks. Every series since then they have lost to a higher seeded playoff team.

Last year they went 7 games in the 2nd round and lost to the Kings in a series where the home team won every game. In 2012 they limped into the playoffs and were eliminated by a Blues team which swept the regular season series. No one thought they were going all the way that year. In 2011 they lost to the Canucks who themselves went on to choke in the Cup finals. And in 2010 they lost to the Blackhawks who went on to win the Cup.

If loosing to better teams is the new definition of "choking" well there's a pretty long list of choke artists in the NHL.

Frank T. likes this.
  12. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    FWIW I believe the Sharks were the closest to the Hawks in 2010 despite the sweep. Most competitive and highest level/amount of skill in a series that year.

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    They're great up front and have the goaltending but LA has the edge on defence. Should be a good series.

Frank T. likes this.
  14. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    The West playoffs are gonna be awesome.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Looks like Brendan Shanahan will leave his post to become President for the Leafs

16. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    You're right. The Sharks are simply just a bunch of losers.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  17. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    So are 28 other teams every year. ;)

18. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Came too late to make a difference, but I was glad to see that the Jets beat the Bruins :D

19. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    1-Blackhawks-Nobody can match them. Tested and proven.
    2-Bruins-Great team with good depth but not enough speed and skill against the Hawks
    3-Blues-Backes, Steen and Pietrangelo all having their best year plus Miller.
    4-Kings-Quick. Also the best depth at center, great team D and the ability to turn it up for playoffs.
    5-Sharks-They have offense and goaltending. Not as deep in D as any team above.
    6-Avalanche-They are for real. Smart, fast and not gunna go away easy
    7-Rangers-Scoring? Lundqvist could steal a series but they need to be much more consistent on O.
    8-Canadians-A decent team but they can rise to the occasion.
    9-Penguins-More than enough talent but lacking in leadership when it gets rougher.
    10-Ducks-I don't see the room to improve for playoffs but they have good enough goaltending and Getzlaf.
    11-Red Wings-Best head coach. Even though the names are new the skill is still there and if Zetterberg returns...
    12-Flyers-They have a little bit of everything but very likely not enough.
    13-Wild-They can test any team but in the end not enough scoring to keep up with the top teams.
    14-Lightning-Not an easy out but also not really a contender at the moment.
    15-Blue Jackets-Bob could steal some games but who's gonna carry them?
    16-Stars-No chance.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Boston's my pick, no real weaknesses to be found, no big injury questions. Better goaltending than the top 4-5 teams, more consistent than Crawford, Miller, and Niemi. Defense lines up well with any of the Western squads, very deep offensively, and Bergeron's abilities on the draw is the wild card that has proven to be very important during their previous runs.

Perfect mix of experience and youth.

21. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I just don't see how Boston can defend against Chicago and continue to roll offensively at the same time. It will be the same as last year. Too much speed for the Bruins to handle. They will have their hands full with Detroit.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yep, Detroit will give them a good fight. Everyone in the West, outside of Anaheim, has a first-round series they could easily drop, though. Chicago benefits from the slump that the Blues are in, but whether or not Kane and Toews return with rust should also be a concern.

23. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't worry about rust but whether or not their injuries will be major issues. Blues won't necessarily be affected by the slump. The bigger question for them is Backes.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Ducks at 10th? I would never put them below Montreal or NYR.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Healthy or injured Backes, if Miller and that defense play like they have for the last 5 games, it'll be a quick out. I understand that they weren't exactly playing to get into the playoffs, but they are playing for a division title, and their recent play is indicative of a mentally weak side - not generally associated with Ken Hitchcock.