main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    The Edmonton frigging Oilers, where first round draft picks go to die? Now Bettman just be trolling.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    HERE WE GO BLUESHIRTS GET AFTER IT

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  4. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    LOOOOOOOOOOOL. Sorry McDavid, you're going to the superstar graveyard. He looked absolutely devastated too.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    STEPPPPPPPAN

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Seriously unreal. Guess this means they trade RNH or Draisaitl.

7. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    They have to do something, their cap situation is going to be an absolute nightmare very soon. They don't need anymore forwards, they need defence and a goalie. After they won the lottery, MacTavish is quoted saying, "Offence wins hockey games, and we have plenty of it now." HA. Really? I thought it was defence you god damn idiot.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  9. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    That was terrible. He looked like he was about to serve a life sentence in hell.

Meanwhile CBC is all like, "Crosby hasn't scored in 85 million playoff games, when will he ever show up."

Boom.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I was about to trash our PP, but then Brassard just potted one. Crosby's eaten our lunch tonight.

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Sharks and Todd McLellan have "mutually" agreed to part ways. I forsee an even worse season next year in San Jose than this one..

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Watch the Leafs go after him. They have a thing for former west coast coaches.

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    He'd be better for them than Ron Wilson was.

14. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Pretty much anyone would be better than Wilson. He lost the room as soon as he opened his mouth. The leafs have to hire a henchmen for Shanahan first and then hire the coach. Let's go in the right direction this time around. As for McDavid, well that was difficult. Because after three balls were drawn the Leafs had the best chance and then Edmonton won it. McDavid is classy, we know he wanted Toronto or Buffalo because it was close to home, but he's pro. He'll be fine. I'd like to see the Leafs get Strome but I fear Arizona might take him. That would leave us with Mitch Marner or Noah Hanafin which aren't bad options either.

15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Great penalty killing there by the Rangers.

16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Jets using the Top Gun theme in the pre-game. I'm tearing up for some reason. :p

17. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Rangers games stress me out so much. Why can't we just take care of business early?

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Too much work, not able to watch. Hold it down Pointy, lets get a win.

19. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Selfish play by Byfuglien after that Perry goal. He's got to be smarter.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    He is a massive liability with a bloated contract. I am intrigued to see if Frank disagrees.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    heels1785

You're up in the College draft. ;)

heels1785 likes this.
  22. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    There are alot of bloated contracts. I don't know how much Buff is making. I didn't see the play. I do think he is a very valuable player. I do have a soft spot and bias for him.

23. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Apparently Rinne ate the puck.

24. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  25. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Thought he was gonna do a strip tease for everyone after the ref got fresh with him.