main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002

:D

Frank T. and Darth_Furio like this.
  2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    heels1785

Dan Girardi was a monster tonight. Nice complete game by the Blue Shirts.

heels1785 likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    He's not the most talented player, or defender, on our team. But he works and works and works, every shift. Favorite player.

Go Rangers. This series has been so much tougher than I anticipated, but we're playing very well.

4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Did I hear right that he has played the most playoff games for the Rangers?

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Not sure, but very possible when I think about it. His durability is unheard of - I think that he's missed two or three total games (regular season and playoffs) since we called him up at the beginning of 2007. We've only missed the playoffs one year since he's been on the roster.

Contrast that to Marc Staal, who is more talented, but was robbed nearly a full season in the prime of his career with head injuries.

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
  7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Overtime..again. This series.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I can't stand any more Rangers playoffs like last year... glad this was done in 5 and only 2 OT games... :p

11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    My next door neighbor and I both screamed when Hagelin scored, and my upstairs neighbor started jumping up and down.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    And there we go. Take care of business, rest up, ready for the Caps.

13. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    This game :oops:

cubman987 likes this.
  14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    6 goals in the 1st period...0 goals in the 2nd....this 3rd period could get crazy, really hope the Hawks can just close this out tonight.

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  15. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
  16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Great game and great series.....hopefully the Blues do what the Blues do and Minnesota is up next for the Hawks.

17. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
  18. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Calgary big comeback, Chicago big comeback. Some great hockey tonight.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Gutsy performance by Tampa coming back after looking totally dead following Saturday's thrashing.

Will Mike B leave the Wings? If Toronto comes calling, the chance to coach that franchise may be too much to leave on the table. Blues could fire Hitchcock and bring back a loaded lineup, and Philly is open. Plenty of opportunities.

20. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Watch Toronto go after Mike Gillis for GM. More specifically than western teams, they like taking GMs from Vancouver after they've gotten the axe.

21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I think the only way that he comes to Toronto is if they give him so much money that he couldn't ignore it. They are so far behind that they won't start to get better for awhile. If he ever wins though, he'll probably get a statue. It's a nice thought but I don't see it. He's got the ego for it though.

Ok,so predictions.

MTL over TBAY in 6
    NYR over WASH in 5
    ANA over CAL in 6
    CHI over MIN in 7

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll go about this a bit differently - of the eight teams left, here's who I think stands the best chance of winning the cup, ranked:

1. New York Rangers (don't hate)
    2. Chicago Blackhawks
    3. Montreal Canadiens
    4. Tampa Bay Lightning
    5. Minnesota Wild
    6. Anaheim Ducks
    7. Calgary Flames
    8. Washington Capitals

23. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I think you're really underrating the Ducks. They're my pick to win the Cup.

24. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I agree. Anaheim curb stomped the peg and I don't see Calgary taking them too far. between 5 and 6 games most. I think Chicago will have a tough time with Minnesota. Whoever wins that series will be beat up and have to face a relatively fresh Anaheim team that could beat either of those teams in a long series. In the East the Rangers took a hit in losing Zuccarello. Montreal will only go as far as Price takes them. Ottawa proved that.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    See, I view Anaheim as a spitting image of Boudreau's Washington teams. Immensely talented offensively, heavily reliant on 2-3 players, okay in net - great regular season, good for a playoff series or two - but ultimately I do not trust them to do much more.

I am wrong much more often than I am right, so I'll mock myself if wrong - but I think Calgary wins that series, and then the Blackhawks clean up in the West finals.