main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Sharks in 6
    Stars in 6
    Caps in 7
    Bolts in 7

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    LEAFS WIN THE LOTTERY

THIS IS THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE SEASON

3. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Jets bumped up to number 2! But Canucks slid to 5 :/

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Alright, Leafs! Now just don't trade away the #1 overall draft pick in a week for magic beans.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  5. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Congrats Toronto, on a successful tank!

6. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    So thankful Edmonton didn't win it again! That's a success right there.

Frank T. and Lady Belligerent like this.
  7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Once again I have to watch our game on delay because of commitments. Leht's go Stars!!

8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Does Connor McDavid win the Calder? He was rookie of the month three times and he had 48 points in 45 games. Not to mention a highlight reel goal against Columbus

Personally, I'd give it to Gostisbehere because 47 points as a rookie d man is impressive. Panarin had a great year too. All good players

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I bet they give it to McDavid, after all he broke his collar bone. :p But, I agree that there are a few who deserve it this year.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  10. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    I'd like to see Panarin or Ghost get it. McDavid was great for sure, but I don't like the idea of awarding it to a player who's only played half the season, based on what could've been.

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    He played half the season and still managed to finish 4th in points among rookies while also having the best PPG average. I think it also says a lot that he's 19 whereas the other two are 23 and 24.

Point Given and Darth_Furio like this.
  12. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    True enough. It's a bit of a strange year for this award...I can't recall the last time two of the finalists were well into their early 20's.

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to lowering the age limit.

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Dear NBCSN, starting games later isn't very nice to fans that work.

Stars/Blues gets an 8:30 start tonight, we're in the same time zone - why not go with the usual 7:30 start? That hour really does make a difference.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    If the Penguins continue to apply the type of defensive pressure they have in this series with Washington, they are going to raise the Cup. They look like the best team in hockey at the moment, which I hate.

16. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    NBCSN can go eat a... Well, I'll stop myself.

Local fans in Dallas who had U-Verse couldn't watch most of the first period of game 3 because despite saying they'd bump TB-NYI to NHL Network for the local market, they didn't. They did the same thing in St. Louis.

17. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008

It's over. The Pens haven't lost three straight games since December. On an different issue, Arizona just hired a 27 year-old General Manager. Man, where was all this when I was younger? :p

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Stars recalled a few guys from Cedar Park, should be interesting if some of them get ice time.

We actually get a 7pm central start tonight. I'm sure NBCSN will try and keep locals from watching part of the game. :mad: I hope the NHL makes a deal with ESPN again, wonder when the contract is up?

19. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Not me. ESPN doesn't deserve hockey.

Frank T. likes this.
  20. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    NBC doesn't deserve hockey.

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    The announcers are horrible. They don't even try to pronounce names or sound intelligent.

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Lando, that was a backbreaker last night. At least SJ has today to sleep it off and hopefully take command of the series tomorrow.

Edit - And I agree, I hope ESPN gets part of the NHL. Gary Thorne was a tremendous PBP when ESPN had the NHL, and Bucci/Levy/Melrose are terrific covering the Frozen Four. Even Linda Kohn is tolerable when she's talking hockey.

NBC does a great job (sans putting great games on CNBC this playoff season), especially Emrick and Kenny Albert. Pierre is awful, but he's always been.

23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ha, Pierre is hilariously awful though, I think I'd actually miss him.

Frank T. and heels1785 like this.
  24. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Emerick? Yuck. I don't know who told him he should do any kind of work involving his voice. It's like nails on a chalkboard. NBC in general tends to kiss a lot of "Original Six" ass too which is a bother.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    HERESY!

Doc Emrick is to hockey as Brent Musberger is to College Football as Jim Nantz is to golf as Vin Scully is to baseball. He's an institution.

Plus, he genuinely loves the sport, and it shows in every broadcast.