main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Thank you, Sharks. Tonight was what I've been hoping for. :D

Now do it again! :p

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Tonight marked the first time the Sharks didn't immediately go down 2 games to none in the 3rd round. I have tickets to Game 6 but would totally be OK with them getting this done in 5. Time to bring it back to SJ!

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm so happy that the Sharks are coming home with a 1-1 series. I thought about buying tickets for game 3, but the wife doesn't want to go. Oh well, I'll just watch it on TV.

Go SHARKS!!!

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Projecting Mario Cart on the ice surface at Amalie Arena was the best idea ever.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    With last night's win, it's the first time in Sharks history that the team has ever held a series lead in the Conference Finals. =D=

6. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I want to see them finish off Hitch's Blues. WTG Sharks!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  7. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    2 wins in the Conference Finals is our high water mark. This is everything.
    [​IMG]

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Hell of a 3rd period for the Pens. Also props to Doc for his commentary in the last 3 minutes.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I would love to, someday, attend a game at the Shark Tank. Doesn't even have to be playoffs. Along with Detroit, MSG, Toronto, and the Bell Centre. That's my hockey bucket list.

It's on the other end of the country, so may be a while. :)

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, before this year, tickets to the Shark Tank was pretty available. However, with the win over Nashville, season tickets for next season have been sold out or nearly sold out.

It was a tough loss for the Sharks at home in Game 4. The house was ready to explode with a home wins, but there wasn't much to cheer for. Hopefully the Sharks can get a win tonight and move to a 3-2 game advantage close things out in Game 6 at home.

11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    They need to close it out tonight, then rest up a little before Tampa. :) Or that's what I'm hoping for.

12. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Tonight we saw both teams show up for the first time this series. And the Sharks came out on top! Loving our chances for Game 6 right now. I shall be in attendance and am already excited to (as my dad put it) "see them not touch the whatever trophy". :p

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Pavelski stepped up and got the go ahead goal at the start of the 3rd Period and the Sharks didn't look back and scored two empty netters. [face_dancing]

I'm really hoping they'll be able to close out the series on home ice in Game 6 and Darth Lando really enjoys his attendance at the Shark Tank and Sharks fans every where look forward to the team's first appearance in the Stanley Cup finals.

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Also if the Sharks win, the Leafs' 2018 4th round pick from the Reimer trade becomes a 3rd round pick! :p

Frank T. and Lady Belligerent like this.
  15. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Ohhh my gawwwwwd they did it!

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yay Sharks, so glad it's not the Blues

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Lando. Soak it in, buddy. You guys deserve this, now go get the Cup.

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    So happy for the Sharks right now!

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Congrats to the Sharks. Man I hope the Pens win tomorrow. Twitter will be funny with all the Sharks eating Penguins stuff. Plus go Pens!

20. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Woooooo!!!!! :D[face_dancing][face_party] I honestly don't know what to do with all the emotions I'm feeling right now. The Tank was the loudest I've ever heard it for nearly the entire game. The final 20 seconds after the empty netter were deafening. My parents are both from Pittsburgh so I'm rooting for the Pens tomorrow night in the hopes that my family can enter into our own civil war. I just love everything about tonight!
    [​IMG]

21. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I'd love to see the Sharks win the Cup. Thornton, Marleau, and the franchise as a whole really deserve it after all these years.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    At least with the Blues out, the Canucks have another year of safety (the Blues are three years older than the Canucks and don't have a single Cup to their name either). But Tampa's the only team left that I have any shred of respect for, so I'm bandwagoning over there.

23. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah I think a Sharks/Pens final would be much more entertaining than Sharks/Bolts.

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Oh, no. I think Sharks/Bolts would be very good.

25. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    A Sharks/Bolts final would be entertaining in that a team from California would be playing a team from Florida in the finals of ice hockey.