main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Man....I'm not surprised it's happening, but I still don't think Vegas is a good idea. Once the novelty wears off years from now, they could be a revenue sharing leech just to stay afloat like a couple other sunbelt problem cases. Ah well, we'll see I guess.

And as for Quebec, I think it's just a matter of time until they get a team in the coming years, either from more expansion or relocation.

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Well this is quite the start!

3. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    The ice time stats'll be interesting.

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Doesn't look like they're beating Jones tonight.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    "Hello, 911? I'd like to report a theft. The City of Pittsburgh has been robbed of a Stanley Cup victory party. The suspect's name is Martin Jones."

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    So happy that the Sharks spoiled the party that was gonna go down in Pittsburgh last night, as so many Pen fans filled the streets around the arena. Hopefully the Sharks can score first again in Game 6 and hold the lead.

Martin Jones was amazing stopping 44 shots on goal. However, the guys in front of him has to do a better job clearing the puck and not putting the burden on Jones.

And hopefully, the Sharks can get under Crosby's skin as they did in the closing seconds of Game 5.

Good Sharks!

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Jones was amazing, I mean flat out rock star stuff. Just imagine how good the Sharks would be if they had defense that could even remotely keep up with the Penguins forwards and clear the zone better. Still even with the loss the math isn't in the Sharks favor, huge hill to climb to turn it around. I like what the Pens offense is doing and they shouldn't let it up. Jones was just incredible, Murray gave up a couple rather soft goals in that early first period score a thon.

10. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    The saves at 15:00 in the 2nd!

11. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I was really hoping for a game 7.

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Congrats to the Pens on a well deserved Cup.

Sorry, Lando.

Darth_Furio and Frank T. like this.
  13. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Same. Soak it up Pens fans. For Sharks fans: The pain will go away eventually. Mostly.

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PENS WIN BABY! Just got back from my brothers. One of the more awesome times I can remember in a long time. My whole family was there, even my dad(with two broken ribs). I should have taken a picture, we set the game up with a little projector and watched the game in the back yard. I'm totally stealing the idea of my brothers setup, it was really neat. The Pens, great food, beers, family and the Stanley Cup. Really nice way to end a super crappy week here at my house(we had a flood and 4 different construction crews in and out of my home).

There's supposed to be a parade on Wednesday I think. Can't wait to take my boy down to Point State Park and have a day of celebrating and cheering on the Penguins!

edit: gotta love that Gary Bettman hate during the cup intro

Frank T. likes this.
  15. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Congrats Pittsburgh. The better team won for sure, San Jose was outplayed all series. I liked seeing Kessel hoist the Cup especially, after all that crap he had to deal with for years in Toronto.

Rox likes this.
  16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Would have liked a game 7 but oh well, congrats to the Pens and their fans. It was a bit weird seeing someone not from the Hawks or Kings hoist the Cup but it should be back in Chicago next season :)

Frank T. likes this.
  17. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Don't count on it, this is Vancouver's year ;) #isitoctoberyet

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Congrats to the Pens! They were the better team as the Sharks couldn't match their speed and didn't get many shots on goal.

Thanks to the Sharks for making the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in franchise history. Many people didn't think they would get in the Finals, much less get pass the Kings.

darthdrago likes this.
  19. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I wanted to send this last night but Comcast decided to ruin my night even more by having my cable and internet go out...two minutes before Game of Thrones was set to start to boot!

Congrats to the Pens, Rox, and any other bandwagoners who might come out of the woodwork now. Pittsburgh certainly outplayed the Sharks for the vast majority of the series so it was well earned. I really disagree with Crosby getting the Conn Smythe, (there are multiple players on both teams I would give it to before him) but I only watched one Pens game before this round (Game 7 against Tampa) so I'm no expert. I had my emotional breakdown after Game 2 so I've been oddly Zen about the whole thing. I'm very proud of my Sharks for having their best playoff run ever and will proudly cheer them on on Opening Night to raise the Western Conference Champions banner, even if it isn't the banner we wanted. Hopefully we will have finally shed the "chokers" label but I know some people will never let that go.

20. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Did anyone else find the tribute to Howe lacking?

21. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    On to the draft!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    It was supposed to be pre-game but because this is America, we had a mass shooting to mourn. I was surprised the Howe tribute made the broadcast at all.

The Sharks did set this up but it was obviously not visible once the stands were full.
    [​IMG]

23. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Let's hope Howe gets a better remembrance opening night next season.

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm no band wagoner I was banned from the interwebs for like the past 8 months. I do agree about mvp, I would have given it to Kessel or Letang before Crosby.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  25. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    It should have been Kessel IMO, He was their most consistant player throughout the playoffs. Mind you, if they lost Letang to injury they would have been screwed. He was a horse. He looks like he's back to a possible Norries winning form.