main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were a bandwagoner. It was more towards anyone who might all of the sudden show up as a Pens fans now that they've won.

2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Any thoughts on the Las Vegas expansion team which seems to be a done deal?

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I anticipate gambling scandals.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I particularly don't like it. I would have preferred cities last lost their hockey teams get another crack at it, like Quebec or Hartford.

I don't know if Las Vegas has the fanbase to support a hockey team.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    You can stream the Penguins parade on nhl.com today. I really wanted to go downtown for the parade but i have guys here tearing up the ceiling in my dining room.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    If your dining room ceiling was painted with Penguins colors, perhaps a big 87 logo slapped on there - you could have saved some money, Rox, as I would have gladly jackhammered it free of charge.

Probably could have gotten Lando to come help. Maybe Frank, too.

:p

Darth-Lando and Frank T. like this.
  7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ugh, Blackhawks just traded Bryan Bickell and Teuvo Teravainen to Carolina for draft picks....not real happy about losing Teravainen :(

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    That's a steal for Carolina.

Frank T. likes this.
  9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    It really is.

Losing Saad last year and Tuevo this year both hurt pretty bad.

Frank T. likes this.
  10. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I predict Carolina moving to QC within the next 5 years. Due to the lopsided conferences any new teams *have* to be in the Western Conference unless the NHL plans on bribing Detroit and Columbus to move back, and I don't see that happening.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I hope they stay. Attendance was middle-of-the-league back when they were fielding competitive teams. Good sports community - love their Hornets and Panthers, and passion for college sports is great.

I'd definitely be in favor of more Canadian teams, though - just not at the expense of another team in this region after the Thrashers moved away.

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Lol nice. Wish it were the case had a pipe in my ceiling break and everything is wet. Home owners insurance ftw.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I'm betting Seattle gets the next expansion team when they finally have an arena planned. Balances the conferences, and the NHL really should have a team in that region. Washington supports junior hockey really well.

14. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm cool with 32 teams but then they should start moving teams around

15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    New rule: Whichever team comes in last has to relocate. We'll just cycle through Seattle, Quebec City, Hartford, Kansas City, Portland, and whoever else wants in. The added bonus is that teams will stop tanking for draft picks. Sorry Toronto and Edmonton, your days are numbered. :p

Darth_Furio likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Can you imagine how incredible a hockey team in Seattle would be?

Some of the most loyal and vocal fans on the planet.

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I don't see Seattle happening unless the NBA goes back there as well.

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Will Seattle pony up the cash for a new state of the art arena? I know before Mario and Burkle bought the Penguins Seattle and KC were both mentioned at the top of the list for relocation. But in time things can change.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I would think Seattle would pony up for a new arena that could double as a hockey and basketball arena. I mean, they recently built new baseball and football stadiums.

20. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    The city shot down a pretty interesting hockey/basketball arena proposal there recently. I think it had more to do with the proposed location than the financing though.

21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    You guys watching the draft?

Thoughts on Vegas hockey? :p I hope a team can survive there.

22. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I have it on the tube so I might catch some bits

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  23. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Hell Yes. :D

The rebuild has begun. Matthews!!!

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Woooooo!!

Darth_Furio likes this.
  25. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Too bad Dallas didn't try for Elliott, but I doubt they would have dealt him here. :rolleyes: The Stars have to sort out the goaltending issue.

Darth_Furio likes this.