main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    So long Andrew Shaw...off to Montreal for 2 2nd round picks. Pretty good move for the Hawks all things considered.

Frank T. and Lady Belligerent like this.
  2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    The Cap only going up a coupe of million will lead to a lot more moves like that.

3. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm gonna miss the Mutt. I still love shinpads.

cubman987 likes this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    This is how I'll always remember him:

[​IMG]

Darth_Furio and Frank T. like this.
  5. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I remember quite a few great moments! Like the header. Battling Chara. 3OT. etc.

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Big rumor going around that the Stars are talking to Tampa about getting Bishop. [face_praying]

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well those 3 minutes of getting the 1st overall certainly justified 9 months of Leafs being awful. [face_dancing]

8. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    If TB is willing to trade him I wouldn't want him.

9. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Dallas is apparently working TB hard to give up Bishop. Word is they want to send a goalie back, but no doubt Yzerman will want to unload Carle if that's the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Ken Holland is brilliant. Datsyuk Cap hit 7.5 million? No problem gone. Doesn't lose a roster player and moves down in a deep draft. That is why they make the playoffs every year.

And they can spend that on another star. Stamkos? if he doesn't re-sign in T bay

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I don't want to see Stamkos in red. :(

12. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    No one does. :p

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  13. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    It's definitely a move for trying to get Stamkos. Supposedly they're one of the front runners for him.

14. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    If Stamkos cares most about winning a cup there's nowhere better for him than Tampa. But he might want the big paycheck with his health woes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    He's not a fan of the coach ever since he put him on the wing. He wants to play his natural centre position, which is more likely if he goes somewhere else.

16. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Also, his coach can't seem to get him to play the right way which is why he couldn't play him at C. Coaching in Detroit may be more adept at shaping players than Cooper.

17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    So after the 1st round, I like what Calgary did with getting Elliot in net and Tkachuk. I really like this kid, scoring, hitting, tough, like his old man. Great pick ups.

Obviously Detroit getting rid of Datsyuk's deal was brilliant.

Winnipeg getting Laine and Stanley at 18 make's a massive d-core with Byfuglien and Myers already there.

As much as I hate to say it, I liked Ottawa's pick of Logan Brown. Big kid, great hands.

Arizona with getting Chychrun at 16 with that Detroit pick gets a good d-man prospect. This kid fell from mid season rankings unfairly IMO. He got injured and never recovered.

18. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    As a Calgary fan I have to say I love what they did. The Elliott trade and drafting Tkachuk were absolute steals.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  19. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Ummm so everything just happened in the past 30-45 minutes.

Taylor Hall to NJ for Adam Larsson
    PK Subban to Nashville for Shea Weber
    Stamkos is apparently staying in TB

WTF

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Great deal for Montreal. They acquired an actual defenseman - damn good one, at that.

Frank T. likes this.
  21. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    I'm sure Nashville thinks they got a good deal because they're exchanging an older #1 defenseman for a younger one, but... Subban's not the defender that Weber is.

22. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Subban's gonna have a MUCH better supporting cast than Weber will. Nashville wins this as far as I'm concerned.

Also, hi Obi_Wan_01 (if you're still out there).

Darth_Furio likes this.
  23. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Stamkos signed in Tampa for 8.5 million a year, 8 years.

Hopefully this makes it harder for Yzerman to keep Bishop. Jim Nill, I CHOOSE YOU!

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Certainly won't help Pekka's upwards trending GAA. Or downward trending W numbers.

May help put butts in seats, as there will very likely be more goals for both the home and away sides.

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm very pleased Stamkos resigned. /relieved