main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I just watched that press conference. Holy **** that was a disaster. Not off to a good start Vegas.

2. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    The logo is...hmm. That's the best they could do?

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    That logo looks like a spartan more than a knight. Plus golden showers jokes ahoy.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Name and logo are underwhelming, at best

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't mind the logo. I like the V in the negative space of the helmet.

PS
    The Pens are handing it to the Rangers tonight. The loss the other night might have set a few of them off.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

king henry - 4 goals on 17 shots. seriously. 60 million dollars to stand in front of a net.

(jk - love ya king)

7. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Watching Leafs/Oilers tonight, Connor Mc(Jesus)David is unbelievable. The things that kid can do with the puck at top speed is atonishing.

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Toews to the IR and now Crawford out a few weeks with appendicitis, could be a rough month for the Blackhawks.

9. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    No one feels sorry for you. :p

heels1785 and cubman987 like this.
  10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I do....I have Crawford on one of my fantasy teams. :p Snatched up Darling immediately.

11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I suppose that's fair.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    So it's December, and we're tied with Chicago for the most points in the league. As if this was not good enough, flush the Islanders, they're done.

Not at all how I expected this season to go. But I'll take it. Go Blueshirts.

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Why are the Islanders carrying three goalies this year? I know Garth Snow is their GM and a former goalie but that can't be it.

14. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    That must have been a great experience for Eric Semborski.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rox, I think it may be because Halak has been vocal about wanting to go elsewhere. Greiss has been the best of the three, but he's not good enough to not have a backup 100% ready if they do move Halak.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

Not bad, man. I don't know if any of us have a goalie who can throw down like this.

17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    A tender needs to do that every once in a while to make sure it isn't a regular occurance.

heels1785

My boy Felix Potvin could hold his own. :p

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Nice. That is a good one. However, I think the best goalie fight is one narrated by the legend, Rick Jeanneret

This one is nuts. 1:24 - Matthew Barnaby going Super Saiyan on Garth Snow (making second appearance in this post):

Darth_Furio likes this.
  19. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Booya!!! Habs steamroll over the Avs 10-1. :)
    Captain Max leading the way with 4 goals tonight. Unselfish play from Radulov to get Pacioretty his hat trick.
    Take over the league and conference #1.

What an awesome Saturday night. :D
    Allez! Allez Allez! Allez Montréal

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I felt bad for him. Somewhat :p

22. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    With that goal, Laine is only 4 goals behind Sid for league leading scorer. Wait a minute... that's not how it works. :oops:

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sid is ripping it up, it's so nice to see him returning to form. On the radio here in Pittsburgh they were talking about what lit a fire under Crosby this year to get back into scoring more often and getting down in the net area. One of the callers suggested that Conner McDavid was the reason. The new kid on the block being called the next great thing making the best player in hockey play like the best player in hockey again. I'm not sure that I agree. I just think Crosby is finally healthy enough and has confidence in his health to do the types of things he used to be able to do.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rangers-Hawks was a hell of a game tonight. Both backups in net, Raanta and Darling, were phenomenal.

Frank T. and cubman987 like this.
  25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Indeed, a highlight reel of great stops by both guys.

Frank T. likes this.