main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena I'm Not Wearing Hockey Pads! (NHL Discussion, Stadium Series Season!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Key match up tonight with Habs and Leafs. A must win for both teams. Hopefully we come out on top. [face_praying]
    Atlantic division is so close right now with the top 5 teams only 2-6 behind the Habs.

2. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
    What an ending... would have been perfect for the Leafs and Matthews to get the hattrick in OT.
    I don't think I have jumped out of my chair and shouted "Scores!!!" so loud in a while. Even Price was really really happy.

Habs win 3-2 in OT. :)
    14th straight win against the Leafs. :D

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ben Bishop and Jonathan Quick, the Kings' new tandem in net. Pretty solid.

4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I like what Minnesota did more. Koivu, Staal, and Hanzal down the middle is a great mix of talents.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I cannot believe Hanzal got Arizona a first and second rounder. I know it's not a great draft year and Minnesota's first round pick will be in the 25th-30th range but geeeeeez.

6. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    And Hanzal is a rental...guess Minny is really all in this year.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nobody's beating the Penguins, unless Tonya Harding returns from obscurity to kneecap Sid and Malkin. And Kessel. And Hornquist, Bonino, the rook Guentzel, and then ties up Murray and imprisons him in his locker.

Because anyone can beat Fleury.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  8. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Shattenkirk traded to Washington. It's now or never for them.

9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Stars are tanking, and once again won't go for goal tending.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

From one perennial playoff disappointment to another. Should have no trouble sliding right in, will win lots of meaningless games.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  11. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
    Emotional return for PK yesterday at the Bell Center. Amazing person and player. He is missed.

I don't want to jump ahead, but if things stay the way they are more or less then we might end up playing the Rangers, Pens or Jackets. All tough 1st round opponents.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    Habs are a very mediocre team carried largely carried by Price. Hard to see them lasting long in the playoffs IMO.

13. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
    We're doing alright for this season. Every team has their go-to players and one of them is Price. In addition to Price - Pacioretty, Radulov, Weber are leading the way with a few other players starting to step up lately like Galchenyuk. With Gallagher returning, hopefully he can find a spark and get going. Plekanec can also step up, especially as a center and on the PK. Shaw and Lehkonen really need to get their game together.

No doubt, the 1st round is going to be tough with all 3 potential opponents having high GF-GA differences. We are not a powerhouse, but I am hoping we can use our speed, difference making players and goaltending to compete hard and win.

Tonight will be a good test against the Rangers. We've not done great on the road, but I'm hoping we come out on top.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I never look forward to playing Montreal. Slumping or not, they have lots of talent. We also just lost to you guys at home like 2 weeks ago in a shootout.

I hate playing in the Metro, though - it's a buzzsaw this year. Fourth place is four points more than the top team in the Atlantic, and the top four in our division collectively have 15 points more than the top four teams in the entire Western Conference.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  15. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
    Wow, what a great game. We had speed, we were physical, we scored all even strength goals, we were shooting, we were passing, we were back checking. Everything was almost perfect.

Besides the 10 minute onslaught at start of the 3rd following the Rangers only goal, we did really well tonight. Totally different Habs team tonight.

Price was great
    Pacioretty and Galchenyuk had 2 assists
    Shaw and Lehkonen woke up and each had a goal
    Weber and Benn from the Defense each had a goal
    Ott was a force to be reckoned with
    I like this new kid Martinsen

If we play this way every night, we could do quite well in the playoffs.

Habs win 4-1 and sweep the season series. :)

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    7 in a row for the Hawks! In first place in the West...for now.

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    And we got smoked..... :oops:

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Given up 14 goals in our last four games, and the nobodies on our roster who had amazing first halves have fallen predictably silent.

Habs are a good side, much better than we are at the moment.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  19. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    Glad my Flames are comfortably in a playoff spot, after a very up and down year. As for the East, I dislike the fact that thanks to the divisional playoff format, one of those very good Metro teams is guaranteed to be out in the first round. I mean the team in 3rd place in that division will likely be one of the best teams in the conference. Meanwhile, a lesser team from the Atlantic is guaranteed to advance.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  21. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    ^That doesn't really mean as much as it sounds. American NHL players rarely go to the World Championships anyway.

22. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Every little bit can help

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Detroit's playoff streak has officially ended.

cubman987 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Nasty looking shot Parise took last night. Hope it's not a concussion, or anything too serious.

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000