main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Caps suddenly can play defense for three weeks in 2018.

BigAl6ft6 and SergeyX2017 like this.
  3. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    Ovechkin’s Olympic rebellion might not catch on: Arthur

Many Russians may also move back to the Motherland and to her own KHL league if NHL tries to stop them from playing in the Olympics, apparently: Ovechkin among Russians ready to bolt NHL for Olympics

And Russians are among the top talent in the NHL, I dare say ;)

4. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    heels1785 likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Looks like it. Take it easy on us plz

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The distinct lack of NHL'ers. and it boiling down to dollarh for the league, is kind of annoying but expected to come from the NHL. I think a few might bounce and go play anyway but who knows how many.

On the plus side, the Leafs are mere tapdance away from clinching a playoff spot. I think. Probably. I believe in Leafs miracles!

7. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
    So, this could get interesting. Just looking at the standings.
    Isles and Bolts tied for 88. Leafs at 93.

Isles remaining games are against Canes, Devils, Sens - good chance for Isles to win them all
    Bolts remaining games are against Leafs, Habs, Sabres - good chance for Bolts to win them all
    Leafs remaining games are against Bolts, Pens, Jackets - good chance that Leafs could lose them all

There is a good chance that the Leafs might miss the playoffs. lol

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    So this deal with Okposo sounds really bad - he's been in Neurosurgical ICU at Buffalo General since last Tuesday, and they are not releasing a reason at the time. Bylsma just said he was "very concerned."

He's a young kid and a gritty player who has earned every inch he's been given on the ice - hope his recovery is quick and full.

9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    LEAFS ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

10. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Hoping they play Ottawa. Battle of Ontario in the playoffs would be sick.

11. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
    Disappointed to see the Leafs clinch a playoff spot, I wanted my prophecy to come true.
    However, the game against the Pens was awesome, every minute of it. Reminded me of the Leafs from the 2000s era.

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Washington in 5
    Pittsburgh in 7
    Montreal in 6
    Boston in 6

Chicago in 5
    St. Louis in 7
    Anaheim in 6
    Edmonton in 7

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Pittsburgh over Minnesota for the Cup.

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm going to go Blackhawks over Penguins.....totally unbiased pick there.

Frank T. likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I didn't even notice that Lindy Ruff got fired in Dallas on Monday, right around the time the Kings fired Sutter.

Looks like Ken Hitchcock is returning to the Stars.

I wonder if the new Vegas club can lure Sutter. Will be very expensive, but a short stint to get the club off its feet may be beneficial to both, as I imagine Sutter may be ready to call it a career soon - he's one of the oldest looking 58 year olds I've ever seen.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  16. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Washington in 6
    Pittsburgh in 7
    NY Rangers in 6
    Ottawa in 7

Chicago in 5
    Minnesota in 7
    Anaheim in 6
    San Jose in 6

17. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Chicago in 6
    St. Louis in 7
    Anaheim in 6
    Edmonton in 7

Washington in 5
    Pittsburgh in 6
    Montreal in 7
    Boston in 7

Thinking Chicago over Washington for the Cup.

Frank T. likes this.
  18. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    2 games, 0 goals for the Hawks.

[​IMG]

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    LEAFS COMEBACK! What an amazing series this has been so far.

Darth_Furio and Point Given like this.
  21. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    It was time. It was clear the entire second half of the season Ruff had lost the locker room, and this was after three years of the same pond hockey system, constant line shuffling, and extremely poor handling of the younger talent. Nill hasn't exactly given Ruff the best situation to work with given our two goalie system and carrying eight defensemen all year, but we have a better roster than we have results.

I'm excited to see what Hitch can do. If anyone can turn Oleksiak, Johns, and Nemeth into technically sound defenders then it's him.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  22. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Well the Blackhawks have looked absolutely pathetic so far, don't see any way they come back in this series. Heck most of the time it doesn't even look like they care.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I am most surprised by St. Louis. Obviously my pick of Minnesota to win the West was pretty terrible, as my picks generally are.

Montreal is absolutely the better team, in our series. I think that first game is going to be all we get.

24. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm surprised by the 3-0 leads in these playoffs. The first round is usually the best one. Calgary is a tire fire, I think Chicago is just tired, and Minnesota has finally seen the true face of Dubnyk. Montreal getting it together isn't surprising, what is surprising his Radulov's play. Pittsbrugh just calmly put it into playoff mode, Edmonton continues their solid season, but they should be careful of San Jose. and Washington looks nervous. Ottawa? who cares, really? :p The Leafs are just flying with that speed, I love it. It might all end this round but the Leafs have done us proud this season.

Go Leafs Go!

25. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Playoff OT hockey always leaves me a wreck.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.