main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Oh yea, I remember him now. Sounds like the ceremony was great.

Devils unfortunately lost to the Rangers. They had an excellent 1st period, but after that they just didn't seem to care all that much. The Rangers just shutdown any chance we had at scoring, and while Marty was good especially after robbing Jagr which was in overtime, he wasn't that great in the shootout, which was the most annoying part of the game. Devils lost 3-2. Islanders are next.

2. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Somebody should have done a "who in the world is Scott Stevens?" when his number got retired...just to irritate DarkPrince.:p

3. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    2 fantastic moments:

When Stevie got the fans to give Scotty Bowman a round of applause (i didn't think Scotty was capable of tears, but he actually had tears in his eyes that he was furiously trying to blink back!) and when Stevie got up there and said to the crowd that they never disappoint him.

It was almost maddening, though, how much Stevie refuses to take credit for ANYTHING. When he got up there and said "I think my ability to lead has been overblown", i was booing right along with the rest of that crowd.

Three words sum ya up, Steve: Simply the Best.

4. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    //Smacks DarkPrince// Whadda' matta with joo.

He is truly one of the classiest players to ever play the game. A lot of heart and soul.

I liked how they put his number '19' behind the nets like they did for Gretzky in New York.

It?s too bad all these American teams keep stealing Canadian talent. ;)

5. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    After some strong showings against Nashville and Colorado, what do the Blues do last night to follow it up? Cough one up against Chicago. This team is so maddening. [face_frustrated]

6. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that all the Blues have been doing for most of this last decade is "coughing it up". You should be used to it... ;)

7. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Devils play Islanders tonight for the second time. Should be exciting as the Islanders come to the Meadowlands this time. I hope this brings out a great game just like the last match up with these two. Hopefully they will also play better to make up for what they did in the 45 minutes against the Rangers the other night. I'm surprised Yodave27 hasn't posted about anything Islander related or posted anything for that matter after the Devils played the Islanders the first time.

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Wow, nice comeback for the Sharks last night! I had honestly stopped watching the game when they were down 3-0 in the 1st period. When I checked back later they had tied it up. 6 unanswered goals later I was ecstatic! Final score Sharks 9, Red Wings 4. Marleau also passed up Owen Nolan for most points as a Shark and IIRC is only one goal behind his goals record as well.

9. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    The Devils almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last night. :p

3 goals in the first 3 minutes was hilarious considering the last time they played the Islanders, it was a 1-0 game.

Parise's two goals were quite possiblly the prettiest I've seen all season.

10. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001

I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's hard.

11. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Hooray for Canadian World Juniors taking home the Gold over Russia, this afternoon!

Blackhawk-prospect Jonathan Toews looked fantastic for Canada (as did Staal-brother Marc on Defense!)

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  13. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Devils played the Senators yesterday and from the replays it seems like it was a very good game. Gionta scored twice for us and Parise continues to to work hard as he had a goal yesterday as well, which was the first of the game. Devils now have 52 points and are still first in the division with a sizable lead.

Devils play Canadiens this afternoon again at 3 pm, should be a good game.

14. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Go Flames, go Flames, go Flames... Dallas goes down 4-2 against Calgary, with Iggy injured no less. Go Flames, go Flames, go Flames....[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

15. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    They have some games in hand on the Rangers, but it's still far, far too early to say that.

16. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Possibly ;) (Mid season now so yea, it's probably too early ;)[face_devil] )

Devils shutout the Canadiens 3-0 with two goals again from Brian Gionta. That's 4 goals in 2 games. Our 4th line is getting more offensive but still knows to be our biggest defensive line, with Rupp scoring the 1st one on the board before Gionta. It was a fun game and Marty made some excellent saves. The only disappointing part was the two 5 on 3 PPs that we couldn't score on. Lukowich got cut up pretty bad on a high stick and left the game and didn't return to my knowledge, so I hope this isn't something bad, as our defense is already down 2 guys with, White (scheduled to return very soon, sometime this week hopefully) and Oduya (not sure, listed as day-to-day). Devils are very close to getting 2nd place in the Eastern Conference and only need 4 points to overtake Atlanta.

17. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    I think the only team that enjoys the unbalanced schedule is the Islanders, who somehow light up the scoreboard against the Rangers but suck against everyone else. Maybe it's the rare feeling of playing in front of a packed house that invigorates the Islanders, or the Rangers just love playing sloppy all around.

18. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    lol @ Rangers!

The reason the Isles beat the Rags up is because the Rangers have NO defense, which gives a grinding team like the Isles 2nd and 3rd chances to score. If you limit the rebounds, you kill the Isles chances to score, since the Isles aren't talented enough to score on first shots. Good teams don't allow a ton of rebounds. The Rangers aren't a good team. They're the biggest paper tiger in the league. When Jagr or Shannahan or Nylander or Straka aren't scoring at a crazy clip, they're just not gonna win. Lundqvist can't do it all on his own.

You can't beat us!

19. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Yeah, it's too bad the Isles can't bring that kind of effort when they play anyone else or they'd be a playoff team. Come back when they're the tenth seed in the conference.

20. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    It's not effort, it's just that they're not talented enough to score on good teams. Against good teams, you have to score on your first shots, because you're not gonna get rebounds. The Isles aren't talented enough to score on their first shots. The Rangers aren't a good team in their own zone, the Isles are. It's just that the Rangers have more talent up front than the Isles.

21. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Devils and the Blues tonight. From what I've heard the Blues have been good lately, so I'm hoping for a great game with the Devils playing consistently lately. Hopefully we'll be able to gain up on the Trashers for 2nd place!

22. imperial_dork

Aug 11, 2003
    With the exception of Lidstrom, Niedermayer and Crosby, I'm feeling pretty 'meh' about the All-Star starting lineup.

and...

lol @ Rangers

23. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Too bad Marleau isn't starting instead of Sakic. Then it could have just been a game of Sabres vs. Sharks. :p

Seriously though, I'm surprised Cheechoo got as many votes as he did. As much of a Sharks fan as I am, he just hasn't been playing nearly as good as he did last season. It seems more like he was voted in based on last season since there was no All-Star game.

24. imperial_dork

Aug 11, 2003
    Yeah, that's pretty much what they were saying on Versus when the lineup was announced.

And I'm really just pissy because Brodeur isn't starting. :p

25. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    I think you're trying too hard to make this an American version of 'lol @ Arsenal.' You. DarkPrince and Yodave should have a brain-storming session (lol) to come up with something more creative, as difficult as it will be for Devils & Islanders fans.