main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gary's got a new toy...

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by gw2tulsa, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
  2. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    ARE YOU FOR REAL?!? Did you really get this C3PO? Okay, I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Ice Queen

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Very cool!! But i don't get the impression if its yours or not. So who's is that?

4. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Uh, would you like a picture of him in my kitchen? He's in there right now. Actually kinda made me jump when I came out of the Garage a few minutes ago. I forgot he was in there :)

Yup, yours truly has a one of a kind SW trinket in his house now...

-Gary

5. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Gary, thats very cool! Where did you pick him up at?

6. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Boy, the things I do for you guys sometimes...

[image=http://home.ix.netcom.com/~gw2/alu_r2/graphics/3po-e2/proof01.jpg]

[image=http://home.ix.netcom.com/~gw2/alu_r2/graphics/3po-e2/proof02.jpg]

Anyone else think I'm pulling your leg? :)

-Gary

7. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Calli,

I picked him up in St Louis last night and got back about 2AM today. I'm friggin tired right now, but it was totally worth it.

This item had been on auction a couple times before but never met reserve. I had been the high bidder on it and its companion R2 at least two or three times. Finally I was able to talk them into a cash sale for just the Threepio...

I'm glad I did it two. I had no idea it was one of a kind until I did some more digging and looked at the paperwork that came with it...

-Gary Weaver II

8. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    I'm still confused is it really yours Gary or someone elses?

.......... *snickers*

*Plans over night Mission to take the 3PO and liberate it from the evil dungeon "kitchen" of the Emporer "Gary".*

9. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Very nice.. we will have to work him into a background shot in the fan film hehe.

Which reminds me. Guys I apologize for not getting together with you yet. I have been quite busy of late. Am going to MAKE some time soon though I promise.

10. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Now that is a ture ACTION FIGURE!!

11. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Gary,

You rock! That is truly awesome. As for you jumping when you came through the garage this morning, I can totally understand. My son had one of those Power Ranger boxing blow-up things that makes sounds when you hit it. One night before he went to bed, he placed it on the a small chair in the corner. I got up that night to check something and thought I found a dude lurking in my living room. I was prepared to kill the thing for about 1 second until I realize what it was. Imagine how funny it would have been if I had attacked it and it said "Its Morphin' Time" or "Zaarrkk!". :D

12. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    It's cool Ed, we all know how life gets in the way sometimes.

The mission last night was a failure.... i feel asleep.

13. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Gary no freaking fair!!! I want one, I want, I want, I want, I want it, and I want it NOW!!! Give me!!!!! :_| That is so cool!!! Image how much attendtion it would get at our booth next year if you used it, Well, if Lisa and I don't take it all with our sexy costumes!!! J/K :p

14. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    LOL! LOVE THE SIGN! I nearly fell out of my chair! I guess we know it's his, huh Mike2? Gary you are a RATBASTARD!!!! How lucky can you get?!? When do we get to see it? Are you going to bring it to the meeting? Man, you are so lucky!

Jake-who said that you could post? [face_mischief]

Ice Queen

EDIT-Dena, who are you kidding? You'll be the show stoper if you show up in that slave outfit. It for sure won't be me or C3PO!

15. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    He, he, he... I thought you would appreciate the sign :)

I've just finished updating the page if anyone cares to go back. I've scanned in the advertisements, promo card, winning card, and COA. I also cleaned up the description a little based on new info I got from the ILM model builder that painted the Threepio for LFL Licensing (I know him form my R2 work ;).

Do you want to know just HOW lucky I am? Would you believe that this is one of only TWO OFFICIAL threepios in the world aside from the actual screen used suit. Better yet, Don - who painted the statue also painted the ORIGINAL suit...

Again, he, he, he...

-Gary

16. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Yea, i GUESS he got ride of any confusion i may have had. But i'm still not convinced, I would need to have it brought over to my house and stay there for several years and then we'll see how i feel about it. [face_mischief]

17. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
  18. Maumi

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok Gary, I have to say I agree with Mike2, he wants it here and well so do I. It would go really good in our S.W. room!!! So we will be home the rest of the night, so you can just stop by and let us have him!!!

Lisa are you kidding, man are going to well, you know when they see you. Tall, beauitful, red head in a leather outfit!!! Ok I hope I didn't just make that R rated!!!

19. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    YOU BASTARD!!!!!

20. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    Awesome prop there!!! Okay where is that number to the JAWA Repo squad I had. Lisa in leather? Oh no not that I would faint with shock and in armor that can be deadly ;)

21. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    You might be talking to soon Chad, what do you think a Mara Jade costume consists of? Burlap?

*cant wait to see Chad faint in his armor and the horror that is "armor pinch" that will insue.*

22. tx1573

Jul 19, 2002
    Actually she wore two different outfits and one was not leather and I thought that was the costume that was being discussed for her to do.

23. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Acutally, I was looking into rubber. I found this really great costume grade rubber (thin and plible) that would be better suited for the costume. It is form fitting enough that it won't have to be too taylored (ie too many seams). It looks like leather, but not as hot and comes in different textures. It is still work in progress, so no fainting as of yet. Armor pinch? Oh, that would hurt.

What is the JAWA Repo squad?

Ice Queen

24. tx1573

Jul 19, 2002
    Nope not going to say a thing about you looking at rubber. The Jawa Reposession Squad scouring the desert for stolen droids. They don't ask questions as long as the money is good.

25. Maumi

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok Chad, we all know you must have a serect crush on Lisa, so don't be ashamed of telling her she will look good!!! Ok, I don't want to start anything, so that is all I am going to say. Any way, I can't wait to see how both our costumes turn out. But yes, they are both a work in progress, so it will not be until next year!!! That gives me time to get a boob job yeah baby!!!! J/K. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.