main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Gas prices!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Andromeda13, Aug 15, 2005.

?

Gas prices!

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. I have already changed the way I drive because of gas prices

46.2%
  2. I will change the way I drive if prices go any higher!

7.7%
  3. I will not change the way I drive, even if prices go higher.

19.2%
  4. I've already been thinking about clever ways to drive off and not pay for my gas!

26.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    After they lay out the middle east they should take out the south, they should take out mississipi.

2. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    http://www.albuquerquegasprices.com

3. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Then they should take out Tobby Keith. I hate that stupid redneck!

My farts are more entertaining and have more intellect then his songs.

4. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    dammit dave...now you crossed the line man...leave toby out of this

5. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Die Toby Die. and take your crapidy crap crap with you!

6. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I've been swimming in the mighty mississippi and almost lost my shoe

7. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    That river will be the death of us all! ALL OF US!!!

8. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    i love this bar
    it's my kind of place
    just walking thru the front doors
    puts a big smile on my fac
    it ain't too far
    come as you arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre

hm, hm hm hm hm
    i love this bar

9. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I caught a small snippet of them talking about oil prices on the news this morning
    and they were talking about a lot of it being speculation, due to a few refineries in
    this country that broke down last week and now everybody is panicking that we are going
    to run out of oil. Plus, China and India whose economies are growing immensely are
    also putting a serious strain on the amount of oil that is available. They no sooner get
    it out of the ground and on the tankers and they are guzzling it up. But, it's a
    serious demand for oil all over the world, not just us gas-guzzling Americans, which really
    pisses me off when they always try to blame us for all the gas being used up, because
    it isn't. In reality, the high prices might be just what this country needs to start
    working on alternative forms of energy. When people stop buying those huge SUVS and
    Hummers because they can't afford to put gas in them, maybe, just maybe we will start
    seeing more hybrid type vehicles, hydrogen cars (which I know is at least 10 years off),
    biomass fuels, etc.... Let's hope so.

10. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    skyra...i may have caught the same story on good morning America this morning...another story was about auto sales being up for the month of july or something...they were surprised that with the increasing gas prices sales of suv's and trucks were also on the increase so apparantly it is not stopping people from buying the gas guzzlers...or maybe they are too dumb to know until they fill the bad boy up a few times and wonder where all the money went when balancing the checking account...who knows

on a side note...there was a story about a man in Florida, started up a company called H2O Technologies or something like that...they have created an engine that runs off water and emits water (breaks the h2o molecule, uses the energy from that bond being broken, then when the atoms are emitted into the atmosphere they bond w/H and O atoms therefore creating water again)...pretty nice idea...man put this type of engine in his automobile and works just fine...maybe the feds should subsidize this sort of company instead of giving it away to all the countries that hate us...alas, the oil moguls will not allow it to happen.

11. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    The Government will never allow the hydrogen vehicles to materialize....it will destroy big business which supports the government! It will never happen...at least not on a grand scale!

12. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    I agree with Jess. I've heard even the Railroad industry is looking into Hybird train engines, But if events like that continue to happen it would totally hurt the big businesses and make gas prices $6.00 a gallon. There's too much politics involved with that industry. Maybe the US needs to kick off Alaska and Texas again and start using there own resources.

13. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    If only Chris and I could find a way to make our cars run off of our gas. PRRRRFFFFTTT@};- @};-

14. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Bark, Bark, BOOOMMMMMMMMM:_|

15. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    eventually the more gas prices increase the more harm it will do to the economy as a whole...maybe not the oil moguls who are basking in dead presidents but all the other companies may see a decline in sales due to people having to feed the poor oil peeps instead of buying big screen tv's, movies or any other items we want (entertainment or an actual need)...the dam will break sooner or later because there is only so much crap it can hold back

16. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Melkor,
    I didn't see that about the huge sales in SUVs for July, and I think you're right about them not realizing it until they have to start putting gas in them. And, I can see that my argument about the prices staying high may not be such a good one, never thought about how it would eventually make the ecomony take a
    nosedive. Sometimes I think more emotionally than logically. [face_laugh]

And, on the dude in Florida getting a car to run on water, the government should subsidize him, and any others out there who come up with great inventions, but like Gecko said, it will never happen.

17. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    skyra,

the oil moguls would put a price on his head...maybe label him a terrorist or something (the guy w/the water car)...sad but true they will never allow this sort of invention to take off...you know there are more people than the president (and i did vote for bush so i am not your typical bush hater) getting kick backs from the oil companies...it should be made illegal for politicians to take donations or kickbacks from corporations or any other sort of organization, maybe that would help reduce the "special interests" they currently have...anyways, i think just as much if not more blame should be placed on the senators and congressmen, maybe a vote of "no confidence", bring on senator palpatine!

oh, by the way on a side note just to infuriate you all, a barrel of oil was down $2.50 yesterday and regular unleaded increased to $2.69/gallon, up $.10

just damned amazing, enjoy filling it up people!

18. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Son of a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII)(*&$)(*&$#^)_$#@(*_$#^@*_)@#%*_$#@^*_!

19. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    time to buy a bike

20. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Time to buy a shot gun. anarchy!!!!!

21. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    dude, I've got my ammo all stored away. I'm ready for the civil war. It's gunnna be just like mad max!! We all need to wear football pads with spikes, and mowhawks!

22. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Look at oil funds with a investment $2000 one time over a year. 7 funds have split once, 5 funds have split three times, and two will split four. if you owned these funds net $64,000
    the growth is close to 200% and we will see $3.00 a gallon that is what the industry is talking about to many people who run the country have or own funds or companys Mr.BUSH and the rest.

64,000 x 5% = $3200 year over 12 months $266.00 bucks I think that would off set gas prices
    and principle keeps growing in 20 years $153,600.00 not bad and that is taking $266.00 a month for gas for 20 years. so if the prices go to say $6.00 a gallon imagine what you funds would do so don't be a slave to industry, let industry be a slave to you. you all could be makeing money too. [face_thinking]

Just a little insite on the economy (economics 101)

I am glad, I own 11 of those 14 funds

23. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    [face_money_eyes]

Brother, we need to talk!

24. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Matt git yur pik up. We're going out hunting! yeee ha!!!!!

25. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    as it would say in a GI Joe comic. RATTATATATATATATATAT! BOOM!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.