main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Gas prices!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Andromeda13, Aug 15, 2005.

?

Gas prices!

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. I have already changed the way I drive because of gas prices

46.2%
  2. I will change the way I drive if prices go any higher!

7.7%
  3. I will not change the way I drive, even if prices go higher.

19.2%
  4. I've already been thinking about clever ways to drive off and not pay for my gas!

26.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    WOLVERINES!!!!!!!! [face_cowboy]

2. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005

[face_laugh]

I am not driving any differently than I was before the gas prices started getting out of hand. I want them to be lower, and here are a couple of things that should be done in my opinion.

-Drill in ANWAR. I know a lot of people will not like it, but it is a great way to get the oil we need. From things I have heard and read, this will not even take up 1% of the area there, and will not affect the Porcupine Carabou that environmentalists are so concerned about.

-Oil in Iraq. I do not believe we went into Iraq for the oil as some people suggest. If we did, the prices would not be this high. I do think that since we are there, we should take advantage of it, while still giving the Iraqis a fair price.

That's all I have.

3. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I agree...something is going to have to happen....or we may see that "Spirit of 1776" that we exhibited back then show back up in 2006! Viva Patriots!

4. GarraKun

GarraKun Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    I say the only solution is to take over the galaxy! Rally the Star Destroyers!!! But first, everyone please use the restroom... Gosh!
    [image=http://stickybuffalo.com/randomimages/stormtroopers.jpg]

5. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
  6. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    i cant wait until gas is like $5/gallon so i can go postal and claim insanity...i hear las vegas,nm can be nice at this time of year
    =P~

7. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Well....I put $50.00 in gas over the weekend....and it did not even fill the tank!

8. JABBA_JO

JABBA_JO Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    Try $75 :_| 8-}

9. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Jo gets free gas here in our office. PRRRFFFFFTTFFFFRRRTTT @};- @};-

10. JABBA_JO

JABBA_JO Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    :oops: there's some more free gas

11. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    I think I'll pass.

12. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    he's gonna pass on the gas...

13. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    I think that's what I meant.

14. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Hey! Wait a minute! I'm from Las Vegas NM and it is a nice place. Yeah, I guess that explains a lot... *thinking - my walls were awfully soft*

15. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/finhome/topstories/apf/*http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050825/oil_prices.html?.v=2

Better fill up it's coming Labor day?........ $68 a barrel could hit $75 in a days this is history you are seeing. you can tell your kids I remember when gas was $2.67 a gallon that was back in the day.

Invest, Invest, people.

16. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    Wow, that is scary info.! A story on the national news said that discount stores are losing money due to rising gas prices. Since discount stores usually target lower income people and these high gas prices are hurting lower income people the most, discount stores are having trouble making a profit. This includes Wal-Mart, who is reporting strong sales when it comes to food, but a decline in sales when it comes to more profitable non-necessary items.

17. HarleyQ_T

HarleyQ_T Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    :eek:
    Damn the man!!!

18. Desiree

Desiree Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    We just traded in our whimpy neon engine for a V-8 HEMI...I can't wait to see what that does to our gas budget for the next two weeks. :_|

19. darth_of_nm

darth_of_nm Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Guys stop yer b!tchin...

I pay $200 a WEEK for gas, and thats after changing habits to save where I can...

Remember our entire economy is based on oil.

The price at the pump is only the most obvious increase.

The problem for the US is not oil supply, but oil refineing capacity. The American people want oil, but not the polution involved with turning that oil into useable products, therefore we pay a higher price for another country to do it for us.

9 years ago there was a hugh glut of both supply (oil) and refineries. The price hit historical lows 6 years ago, and the world economy expanded for 8 of those years, not just ours. Now global expansion (China & India) are driving the current consumption jump. Also oil futures traders had gotten use to 30% excess capacity (measured in supply, refinement and infastructure ie gettin that oil to market) now the traders are operating on margins of about 3.5% to 8%, (thats why any attack in Iraq, hurracane, or break down, drive futures up and the price of oil up as well) oil traders job is to guess how the supply & demand equation will go up or down to make money for their clients, because they will make money either way, up or down, as long as they guess right.

20. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I need to become a fireman! :D

21. HarleyQ_T

HarleyQ_T Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
  22. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    I tell you, we need to lessen our foreign dependance for oil. One way to do this would be to drill in ANWAR or other places in the US.

23. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    I filled up my car today, and now look at my poor piggy bank!
    [image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/ultra76/piggybank.jpg]
    :_| :_| :_|

24. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
  25. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Poor little piggy. Want the rest of this ham sandwich?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.