main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Gate Crashin' (Stargate SG-1/SW Crossover, AU, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, OC's) ~~Final replies 10/28!~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinngerbread, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Atum seems very nervous.
    Where is Obi-Wan:D

keep the updates coming=D=

2. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    LOL! The guy must be so confused. What was Earth like when this guy got exiled?

Btw - great post.

3. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Yay, an update!

I certainly don't trust that Goua'ould. The team had better watch themselves... But, ha, I'd definitely get a kick out of saying 'May the Force be with you' too. :D

Great work, I'm looking forward to more!

4. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    So the Go'ald have made their way into the GFFA... interesting.[face_thinking]

I have a feeling that SG1 will be back on Tatooine sooner than they think...

Great post. Looking forward to more!

5. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Sabriel_Orion: I think we'd all get a kick out of saying it, if we met a real Jedi. Then again, it's also fun to say it to completely normal people, who look at you and go, "What?!?" Thanks for the feedback!

Alexis_Wingstar: Debriefings are always fun. I'm glad I'm not Hammond! I would live on Advil and coffee. You'll just have to keep reading.... And a new post is coming up soon!

VhenRa: Well, being a crossover and necessarily AU, it's hard to pinpoint a specific timeline/season. It is sometime after Daniel came back from being Ascended (so post Season 6) and Atlantis is established, but that's about as precise as I can get with that. In Star Wars, it's pre-TPM, about 2 years after the first Jedi Apprentice book, give or take a couple months. We're working outside the box, so to speak, so don't hold us to anything that happened in canon at this point in time. ;)

Gkilkenny: Oh, Obi-Wan's coming. *evil smile* But I can't tell you any more about that. New update coming soon! I promise!

p_stotts: Muchas gracias! Glad you liked it! And yes, Atum is fairly confused. When he was exiled, Earth was still under Ra's dominion, and they hadn't buried their stargate yet. So....yeah. He's used to Tauri being fairly primitive.

Star-Foozle: We're glad you're enjoying it. And yeah, who, with any sense, would trust a Goa'uld, though? LOL! Sit down and buckle up -- it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

wolf_kenobi: More is coming! The commercial break is almost over. And to be perfectly honest.... Nah, I can't tell. Let's just say the GFFA is in for a little more than they bargained for -- and our home galaxy, too!

Thanks, everyone, for the delicious feedback. It was tasty and full of WIN! Keep watching for the next installment of Gate Crashin'!!!!!

6. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Hey gang, glad you're having as much fun with this as we are! This post is a bit short, but we'll try and make it up to you by having another post ready later in the week. And without further ado, the post! :D

Chapter Three

SG-1 was already waiting on Hammond when he arrived in the debriefing room. He'd looked over their preliminary reports, and honestly, he wasn't quite sure he believed everything he was reading. Not that he thought any of them would purposely lie to him. It was just so strange. He addressed O'Neill first.

"Colonel, would you like to tell me just what in the heck happened out there?"

"Sir, when we exited the Stargate, we found ourselves out in the middle of a desert on a planet with two suns. We weren't there very long when a fighter touched down not far from where we had been standing by the gate. The person who approached us, introduced himself as Kyran Josel, and he was an official representative of the Galactic Republic," O'Neill paused for a moment, gauging the General's reaction. "You know, like in..... Star Wars."

Hammond nodded slowly. At least they had their stories straight. Apparently they were all under the delusion that they had visited a place that should have only existed in fiction. Then again, they'd been to alternate universes, into the past, and.... He sighed heavily. Sometimes, running the Stargate program was a huge headache. "Go on."

"He also mentioned the location of the planet, Sir. Tatooine."

Hammond rubbed at the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes for a moment. Yep. He could feel the headache starting now. "All right, Jack. I know most of the rest. Now, how exactly did you come by this Goa'uld?"

"Sir, he was evidently stranded by the rest of the System Lords. That's all the information we've been able to gather from him at this point," Carter interjected.

Hammond sighed. It was bad enough with Goa'uld in their own galaxy. To find them in others.... Well, at least they hadn't figured out much about the Atlantis project yet. "Carter, is there any way to track this Stargate down?"

Jackson raised a hand. "General? I think I know a way."

Jackson went on to explain that, with the help of the staff physicists, he and Carter might be able to triangulate a position based on the relative positions of all the other 'Gates they'd already been to.

"Assuming the Jedi don't move the Stargate," Carter couldn't help but point out. "Which they could if they wanted to study it."

Jackson thought about that for a moment. "Well...We could try dialing it again."

"Which brings us to the question of just what we do with our prisoner," Hammond put in, getting control of the situation before the eggheads got really excited.

"I offered to turn him over to Anubis," she put in. "He didn't like that suggestion very much."

"Well, it isn't exactly like we can just call him up, anyway. I'm sure he'd be real pleased to see any one of us," Daniel said.

Hammond put up a hand to silence him. "We can't keep him here forever, Carter. But we can't turn him loose, either. Anybody else got any ideas?"

Carter merely shrugged. She had offered her one suggestion.

Teal'c, quiet so far, leaned forward. "The Tok'ra," he said softly.

Hammond looked at him dubiously. "What?"

"The Tok'ra," Teal'c repeated. "They may be able to verify who he is, and might be willing to take him off our hands."

Hammond nodded slowly. "All right, Teal'c, get on that. Carter, you and Jackson get with the other physicists and try to track this thing down, just in case we need it. Dismissed!"

Carter glanced at Jackson as they exited. "Well, looks like we have a bit of work to do. Let's go find that Stargate."

~*~

Atum paced the confines of his cell, his mind working overtime. It had been some hours since the woman had left him -- or at least it seemed that way. He was hungry and irritable, and not least somewhat concerned. His own helplessness made his instincts sharper. There was a way out of this. The only w

7. wolf_kenobi

Nov 6, 2007
    Nice post!

Teal'c's suggestion to send the Go'ald to the Tok'ra is a good one. I wonder what they will say. [face_thinking]
    Hmmm, it will be interesting to see if Carter and Jackson are able to locate the Tatooine stargate on conventional maps.

Ouch, the Go'ald is loose. This can't be good... [face_worried]

Great job guys, and looking forward to more!

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    This is why you need little door flaps to slip food in!

Great update. I can't wait to see what happens next.

9. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    I'm glad I'm not in their shoes. This has got to be a huge headache for the people who don't believe them. XD

As for saying "May the Force be with you" to random people, I should try it. It sounds amusing. XD

I look forward to the next post.

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Of course that was to be expected![face_shame_on_you] You do not,
    I repeat, you do not go inside the cell with a Goa'uld.

Now you've done it, the sneaky little Symbiotic can wander around the base.

Excellent=D= and hurry up back to the Jedi please[:D]

11. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    "The Tok'ra," Teal'c repeated. "They may be able to verify who he is, and might be willing to take him off our hands." Good idea.

He was vaguely aware of a sudden piercing pain at the back of his neck, and then.... A small smile played across his lips. The other guard checked the downed prisoner for a pulse, and didn't notice the brief white flash in his partner's eyes. :eek: Oops! Too late. Now what will happen? When do we get back to the Jedi part of the story? I really liked the interaction on Tatooine. Great job, btw! =D=

12. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Ack! Missed a post!

Never mind. Two in one!

Have to be fast because my sister's after my laptop.

I thought the interaction between the Jedi and the team was brilliant. Especially when Teal'c bid Kryan goodbye with a "May the Force be with you." I could almost sense his satisfaction! It'd be the goal of any SW's fan. Lucky Jaffa!

Will the Jedi have moved the Star Gate to the Temple? Is that how the Team come across the rest of the Jedi?

And ah no the snake is loose. What's going to happen now?!

More! More!

13. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Alexis_Wingstar Yep, there really should be. :p They didn't really know how dangerous he was going to be though, since he had appeared cooperative. Thanks for reading!

Sabriel_Orion Well since they're not supposed to talk about Stargate and things to outsiders, it can't be that bad. Still think running the program itself would be a big headache and poor General Hammond likely needs some ibuprofen. :p Well saying it to a Jedi wasn't quite random. ;) Thanks for reading!

Gkilkenny Well even the Gou'ald would have to get food somehow. :p They don't just starve their prisoners and things, you know. ;) Atum likely could've found another way, even if they hadn't had someone go into his cell. He's smart, he's a Gou'ald. ;) As far as the Jedi, well wait no longer, here they are! Thanks for reading!

p_stotts Yeah, Teal'c thought it was a good one too. :D We're getting there, be patient, young one! ;) Thanks for reading!

Glenstorm Two posts are definitely better than one, yes? ;) As far as the rest, I'm glad you liked it, Lithiniel and I have had a really good time doing this. A bit too much actually. :p Absolutely Teal'c was grinning probably off camera, well as much as Teal'c does ;)As far as the Stargate yes, it does go back to the Temple, but you'll have to see where we go! Thanks for reading!

Well that commercial break has gone on long enough, hasn't it guys? Here's more!

Fifteen-year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi stood respectfully behind his Master, watching as the fighter touched down in the Temple's hanger bay. It was a most unusual sight, he had seen ships pulling things before, but nothing as odd looking as this. It appeared to be a giant metal ring. What they would want with a giant circle, he had no idea.

He glanced at his Master out of the corner of his eye. "What do you think that is, Master?" he asked curiously.

The Jedi Master frowned, glancing at it. "I'm not really sure, padawan. Kyran didn't mention what it was called when I talked to him."

As they watched the fighter top opened and a blonde head appeared, just barely visible from the ground.

Kyran leapt down from his cockpit, landing lightly on his feet as a number of droids came to assist with the removal of the Stargate. He supervised, giving directions as needed, telling the droids to move the enormous ring down to the restricted area. He glanced up, sensing Qui-Gon's presence, and smiled, motioning him over.

Qui-Gon moved over to his friend and clapped him on the back. "So, finally made it back, I see."

Kyran smirked slightly glancing at him, then at the Stargate. "Towing two kilos worth of durasteel behind you tends to slow the trip down a bit. Are you the only one home?" he asked. He didn't sense his other friend's presence anywhere in the Temple, so he assumed that Qui-Gon was the only one of his friends home.

"I would think that you're almost disappointed to see me, Ky," Qui-Gon rebuffed, taking his comment and going in a direction that he knew was entirely unnecessary.

Kyran's eyes twinkled mischievously, catching on. "You wound me."

Qui-Gon blinked, "No wait, that's supposed to be [i]my[/i] line."

The two friends laughed together at the same time, before the blonde Jedi pointed to the Stargate. "You know people use this thing for travel?"

Qui-Gon looked dubiously at it. "How? What is it exactly?"

"Well I'm not supposed to tell anybody the full scope until after I've met with the Council," Kyran explained. "But the gist is wormholes instead of interspace travel."

"Wormholes?" Obi-Wan spoke up now for the first time, "You mean like opening up a portal almost in space?"

"Yeah, I think so, kid, I don't quite understand it all myself," the blonde Jedi admitted. "And how are you doing Obi-Wan?" He asked turning to the apprentice.

"I'm doing fine, Master Josel," the boy chirped and Kyran shook his head. "I've told you not to call me that, kid. It makes me sound stuffy."

"Well you are," Qui-Gon put in even as Obi-Wan blushed.

Kyr

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Beware of metal donuts, wormholes and bartenders named Sue.

What the last has to do with this story, I have no idea... it was just a random thought. :p

Great update, btw, and Windu can be rather stuffy... but that makes him all the more lovable. [face_mischief]

Thanks for the PM, and I can't wait for more!

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh,Oh! Obi-Wans notoriously accurate bad feelings
    They always come true.[face_worried]

Great post.=D=

16. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Wah, replying belatedly....

First, yipe! A snake on the loose in the SGC is never a good thing. Let's hope those guys get it sorted out. It somehow doesn't surprise me that Obi's sensing disturbances from the Stargate. The kid's very attentive, and usually those bad feelings of his are there for a reason... *ominous music*

Great work. I can't wait to see more of this! :D

17. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    sweet story! it will be quite interesting to see how this plays out. I can't wait til Jack and them find themselves in the Jedi Temple! I can just see their reaction! [face_laugh] I just know Jack is gonna crack me up. He always does!

can you PM me when you update?

18. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh man, you just had to leave it there, didn't you? :oops: Couldn't resist? ;) That's okay. I'm one for the cliffies too.

So, Mace Windu is the stuffy one (like we didn't already know that). :D Now, who will come through the Stargate next? [face_thinking] SG-1 will certainly be surprised at the change of scenery next time they come through. Or will it be something a bit nastier? Did they bring the dial-home-contraption along with the ring? That might make things a bit dicy in getting back to Earth if they didn't.

Great post! I look forward to more.

19. wolf_kenobi

Nov 6, 2007
    Yay! An update! [face_dancing]

And now we see Obi and Qui. :D Excellent.

The stargate is now at the Temple... hmmmm. That'll be interesting to see, if SG1 comes through again. [face_thinking] I'd love to see O'Neill dealing with Master Windu.... or Master Yoda. [face_laugh]

Obi has a bad feeling about the gate.... this can't bode well. [face_worried]

Looking forward to more!

20. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Great banter and I can already see a good relationship between Obi and Qui.

Wonderful work, guys!

Can't wait to see what happens next and see if Obi's 'bad feeling' is well founded. He's usually right about these things! :D

But then snake is loose. No Jedi are going to get compromised, are they? Because they would be a powerful host. It's not going to be Kyran?! [face_worried]

Please update soon. Need to know [face_praying]

21. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Sigh. Another cliffhanger. XD You fanfic writers love them. XD

Great job on this chapter. :D I enjoyed it. I can't wait to see what Obi-Wan's bad feeling is going to turn out to be. I'm half-way betting something bad is coming through, in the form of that prisoner, but I'm sure the SG-1 people will be hot on the trouble's tail! XD

22. Chloris

Chloris Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2008
    Ack I've missed a couple of updates due to finals [face_plain]
    I really liked both chapters. I'm wondering if the gate is spinning because the SGC was able to redial it or if someone else found it. And the Goa'uld escaped :eek: The SGC is going to be in big trouble real soon...
    Update soon :)

23. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Alexis_Wingstar:

I live my life by this rule. :) And yes, Mace is about as stuffy as can be most of the time. Glad you're enjoying. More stuff coming soon!

Gkilkenny: *evil grin* Yes, Obi and his bad feelings. I wonder what it can possibly be this time? Well, actually, I know, but I won't tell.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Star-Foozle: When doesn't a snakehead get loose in the SGC? LOL! Seems like every time they get hold of one.... Ah, well. We love your feedback. You are for sure one of our most enthusiastic readers! So for you, we'll go ahead and post something today. ;)

JediMasterAmanda: Yes, Jack is one of our favorites. He's so amusing. Although Teal'c making the occasional deadpan joke helps quite a bit, too. We'll be bringing you more SG-1 just as soon as we can! And Jedi, too!

p_stotts: All will be made clear in good time. If you want nasty, we can do nasty... lol. But for now, enjoy the next update... ;)

wolf_kenobi: There's plenty of Obi/Qui action coming up, too! Wait no longer! More is on its way. (We are but your humble servants....)

Glenstorm: Hrm.... Kyran with a snake.... That is an interesting idea. Might have to keep that one in mind. Update coming! I promise! Enjoy!

Sabriel_Orion: Yes, we do love the cliffhangers. It's what keeps people coming back for more. Scheherazade was the original cliffhanger-story-ender girl, and I think we've all learned from her example. (The sultan will have us beheaded otherwise! Oh, wait... ) Don't worry, though... another update is on the way!

Chloris: If it's trouble you want.... then trouble ye shall have! Hope finals went well for you! As a reward for all your hard work in school, another update is coming! (BTW, as a pirate meself, I must point out that the second quote in your sig be heartily amusin'! ARR!)

Pardon us while we pause for station identification.....

24. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Chapter Four

The sun was setting over Couruscant's skyline, visible through the tall, transparisteel windows of the Council Chamber, casting a reddish glow over the circular design set in the floor. The Masters, all but Mace Windu, were seated already, waiting, speculating about the thing Kyran had brought back. Outside, lights started coming on, illuminating the towering spires of the surrounding buildings. Yoda gazed out the window, oddly silent, leaving the conversation to others. He was vaguely troubled, but couldn't quite figure out why. His attention was caught when the double doors leading in were thrown open, and a Council Aide ushered two figures inside.

The two Jedi took up their positions: the taller of the two, Master Windu, going to his chair while Kyran took position in the center of the room. As Master Windu settled himself, he began the proceedings, "Now that we're all assembled, Master Josel, if we could please have your report. We received your preliminary report that you felt a disturbance in the Force from Naboo from this device?"

"Yes," Kyran nodded, as he began. "And from there, I went to Naboo immediately to investigate the source of this disturbance. Were there any other Jedi teams in the area that might have felt it?"

"Confirmed it we have," Master Yoda put in. "Two other teams, reported this disturbance. Informed them we did that investigating you were."

Kyran frowned slightly. "When I reached Tatooine, there were four humanoids who greeted me at the gate. The main two introduced themselves as members of the United States Air Force, Colonel Jack O'Neill, Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter, Dr. Daniel Jackson, and Teal'c, who had no title. They seemed confused at the fact that they were on Tatooine and that it had not been where they intended to be and Colonel Jack O'Neill informed me that they had used the Stargate as they called it, for traveling from one planet to another, yet they had not yet expected to be in another galaxy."

"This... 'Stargate' can facilitate travel between galaxies?" Master Ada Gallia said, a hint of disbelief if in her voice.

"That is what the Colonel and Dr. Jackson led me to believe, yes," he agreed. "I sensed no deceit from them. Only confusion. Dr. Jackson even stated that there were certain legends on their world about Jedi, they seemed surprised that we actually existed."

"Master Josel, when you were close to this Stargate itself, did you still sense the disturbance from it?" Even Piell asked, his single eye upon Kyran.

Kyran considered. "No," he said finally. "I did not sense it again until the Stargate became active once more. If the Colonel's explanation is correct, it's because this device opens basically some sort of portal through space to which one can travel thousands of light years in seconds."

The Jedi Councilors looked at each other whispering. "What do you mean, portal through space?" Master Windu demanded.

Kyran frowned slightly. "I'm not quite sure I understand it fully, myself Councilor Windu," he admitted. "That is the best explanation I can describe it. The Colonel used the term wormholes, more than once."

"Such a device could be very dangerous, especially if left in the wrong hands," Master Ki-Adi-Mundi pointed out.

"Or even in the right ones," Eeth Koth said, the Zabrak Jedi Master cut in. "Depending on what is on the other side, that could be of a great threat to us, even if our own people were careful," he pointed out.

"Perhaps we should study this device more closely to be able to better ascertain the threats on the other side?" Oppo Racnsis spoke up.

"If these beings have developed ways of travel such that they can go between galaxies without even the aide of hyperspace ships, think of the potential for other resources and knowledge that they might have to offer," Kyran couldn't help but point this out. It had crossed his mind more than once on the trip home.

"This could have too large of benefits to ignore,' Mace reluctantly admitted, thinking hard.

"Agree wit

25. wolf_kenobi

Nov 6, 2007
    Hmmm, so the Jedi are going to try to study the stargate.... interesting. [face_thinking]

Ack, the Goa'uld is getting offworld. [face_worried] Not good!

Great post! Looking forward to more, as always! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.