main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Gate Crashin' (Stargate SG-1/SW Crossover, AU, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, OC's) ~~Final replies 10/28!~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinngerbread, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    ah geez I hope that Gou'ald doesn't end up causing the Jedi to be suspicious of SG-1. [face_worried]

great update =D=

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Great update. I can't wait to see what happens next!

3. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
  4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    =D=

Now that Atum has escaped I think the council will have no choice, but to get involved.
    They should put the stargate on the roof in-between the four spires that way they can keep an eye on it.o_O
    I can feel an adventure coming up. Pairing the SG1 team and our
    own favourite jedi.[face_dancing]

Great update.

5. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Not having regular access to Stargate, what is Daidulus (sp?)? Other than that, great post. I can't wait for SG-1 to come through the Stargate again and end up in a secure storage room within the Jedi Temple. [face_laugh] I can just see the look on Jack's face now.

6. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    wolf_kenobi: Sorry to keep you waiting! Darth Real Life interfered with us. And hey, a Goa'uld offworld is better than him running around on Earth.... or is it? ;)

JediMasterAmanda: Glad you enjoyed it. And hrm... a Goa'uld posing as a member of one of Earth's military forces? In a whole other galaxy? Oh, the possibilities.....

Alexis_Wingstar: Next is coming soon! I promise! We are eternally grateful for your patronage.... and doing our best to provide more entertainment!

Persephone_Kore: Uh-oh indeed! What trouble can our rogue Goa'uld get himself into.... or cause? ;) Stay tuned to find out!

Gkilkenny: We are eager to please! Now that Darth Real Life has been temporarily subdued, we can get on with the show..er, story. :D

p_stotts: Daedalus is the name of Earth's next-generation space-capable battlecruiser. (The first was the F-303, aka Prometheus) Daedalus makes regular supply runs between Earth and the Atlantis expedition in the Pegasus galaxy. And there are certainly plenty of surprises in store for our beloved SG-1 and our Jedi!

Thanks, everyone, for reading and replying! Keep that feedback coming! We love you guys!

7. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Authors' Note: Hey guys sorry for the delay! I had a bit of traveling this last week thus why the long wait between posts, but to make up for it, this chapter is longer than normal. :D Enjoy!

[b]
    Chapter Five
    [/b]

Aboard the starship [i]Daedalus[/i], all was silent. Calm. There were sounds to be heard, but they were the normal sounds of an operational ship in hyperspace. Atum sat at his comm station, in his borrowed body -- it still didn't feel quite right -- and waited. The only thing that kept boredom from being an issue was the fact that he had escaped, and was well on his way to freedom. Just then, a frequency he never expected to hear reached his ears.

It was a recognition code, a series of sounds that repeated in a distinctive pattern, and he thought he recognized who that particular code belonged to. How things had changed. When he'd been exiled Ba'al was young, scrabbling for the top of the chain, but never quite making it. Atum supposed the young Goa'uld had learned -- it had been several hundred years, after all -- and now he was making contact. But why? Was he aware of Atum's presence? Well, at any rate, he would have to respond subtly. Flipping a switch rapidly, he transmitted his own recognition code, pretending he wasn't doing anything at all. Discovery by the Tauri now could be fatal.

The transmission ceased abruptly. All at once, alarms blared throughout the ship, and the Daedalus shut down its hyperdrive, dropping them, a little roughly, into realspace. Outside the viewscreen were arrayed two Hatak motherships, a dozen or so teltac dropships, and an entire wing of death gliders. Atum wondered, belatedly, if he should have risked revealing himself to Ba'al, but on the other hand, Ba'al probably already knew he was there. He wouldn't kill him right away, anyhow, and that was something. A chance to escape might present itself. Atum scrambled into action with the rest of the crew, opening up a channel to the Hatak so that Colonel Caldwell could speak with the commander of the hostile ships.

"Hostile mothership, please identify and state your intentions," Caldwell demanded.

Ba'al's visage appeared on a screen set up before the main viewport. He was relaxed, confident, and smiling that infuriating, predatory smile. His hands were folded, forefingers steepled. "It's nice to see you, too... Colonel." he said, spreading his hands and shrugging to indicate that he couldn't quite recall the Colonel's name.

"You are aware that the Earth and any of its expeditions still fall under the Protected Planets Treaty, aren't you, Ba'al?" Caldwell growled, ignoring the comment.

"Well, unfortunately, Colonel, you're out of your galaxy. The Asgard can't bail you out this far from home. But I have no intention of harming your little... ship." Ba'al cast his gaze around, as if he could actually see the interior of the ship beyond Caldwell, and what met his eyes was disappointing. Atum waited nervously, his palms sweating. Perhaps this wasn't the best idea after all.

"Well what do you want, Ba'al? Spit it out already!"

The Goa'uld smiled broadly, showing his teeth, perfect and white. "That's very simple, Colonel. There is a Goa'uld aboard your ship, and I'd like to take him off your hands for you."

There was a collective gasp from the assembled crew, and Atum stiffened ever so slightly. Caldwell kept his eyes on the image of Ba'al, wary of his tricks. "What makes you so sure?"

Ba'al's smile stayed firmly in place. "Now, now, Colonel. I'd hate to tip my hand this early in the game. Let's just assume that I am quite certain, and the source of my information is confidential."

Atum watched the monitor, heart in his throat. Ba'al was going to sell him out to the Tauri, or he was going to take him captive. That was the easiest way to take him out, and get rid of potential competition. He had slipped, all those years alone. It was possible, Atum mused, that he had actually gotten lonely for the company of his kind.... and that led to sloppy mis

8. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    uh oh trouble's abound.

I'm still waiting for SG-1 to appear in the Jedi Temple :p

great update

9. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Hmm, Atum is allying with Ba'al... with plans to use the Jedi as hosts?! Not good. [face_worried]

And Obi and Qui are off on vacation. Something tells me it's not going to go as planned. [face_thinking]

Great post! Looking forward to more!

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I always thought Obi-wan would be a finicky packer LOL

Hm.... can't wait to see what happens next. :D

11. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Yay! Update!

I have to say, I'm sort of thrilled that Ba'al turned up in this. He's definitely one of my favorite Stargate baddies. *pats him* But that plot worries me. Goa'uld with Force abilities are a scary thought.[face_worried]

The sandwich bit cracked me up, as did Obi's lamenting over re-packing. Such a typical teenager. Great work, and I'm looking forward to more! :D

12. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Why do I get the feeling that Obi-Wan is going to find a little more excitement on his vacation than he bargained for? Great post, Jinngerbread! =D= I can't wait to read more.

13. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Ah ha, so where is the excitement going to happen, on Dantooine
    or Chandrila?[face_thinking]

and who is going to be taken by the goa'uld, will it be Obi-Wan
    or Qui-Gon:oops:

I know time will tell, but I am impatient for some Obi angst.[face_devil]

excellent story.=D=

14. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Ack! Missed a post again!

Hmmm, I can see that Goa'uld ship and our boys on a collision course. Poor Obi, he was so looking forward to his holiday.

I'm with Gkilkenny. Who's it going to be? Master or apprentice?

I really can't wait to see what happens next :D

15. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I love SG-1! I would watch it but we don't have cable or a dish, just rabbit ears. *sigh*

I love Richard Dean Anderson. He's such a great actor. I like him best as MacGyver, the guy that can make a cruise control with two shoelaces, a wrench and a paper clip.

I do believe that I will enjoy this. (Even if I have only seen maybe six SG-1 eps.)

16. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    JediMasterAmanda Well you might be waiting for a bit longer, SG-1 doesn't have a reason to go there, yet. ;) Thanks for reading!

wolf_kenobi Yep they want Jedi hosts, who wouldn't? ;):D Now why would you think that? I just have no idea! [face_whistling] Thanks for reading!

Alexis_Wingstar Of course, it's a teenager thing. ;) Thanks for reading!

Star-Foozle He happens to be one of our favorites too. :D Especially Lithiniel, she loves him to death, see. :p A Gou'ald with the Force though would be indeed dangerous. The sandwich bit, we'd been both watching a little too much Scooby Doo, but it still seemed right for Obi-Wan. :p He's a hungry teenager, after all. ;) Glad you're enjoying this just as much as we are! Thanks for reading!

p_stotts Now I really don't know why you'd be so concerned. :p Thanks for reading!

Gkilkenny Being impatient for angst isn't a bad thing, we like angst, ourselves. :p Just who'll be angsting remains yet to be seen. ;) Thanks for reading!

Glenstorm Yep, they're on a one-way collision course all right, but as for who it'll be, you'll just have to wait and see. Qui-Gon says he was looking forward to vacation to, but maybe after this we'll give them a real one. :p Thanks for reading!

Lady_Misty SG-1 is such a great show, we both love it. As far as not having cable, I started buying it on DVD once cable got too expensive for our budget so that I wouldn't be deprived. You can get the seasons relatively good price on amazon.com's used market place. :D Thanks for reading!

A/N: Many thanks to stormqueen874 for this wonderful cover art!

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/Layren/Layren2.jpg]

And now, the post! Time to end the commercial break. :D

[b]
    Chapter Six [/b]

The transport ship settled atop the gently swaying grasses of an open field. Lightly armored men spilled from the transport's open hatch and waited for orders. The Prime, golden symbol on his brow, addressed the small group, ordering them to split up.

Silently, swiftly, the party moved through the deepening forest; senses on high alert, they observed everything around them carefully. Their task was simple: look for signs of the Jedi that they could use as hosts. They would then report back to their lord, Ba'al, and other troops would arrive to secure the planet. The Prime had an additional order, one he kept to himself.

They crept through the woods for nearly an hour. All at once, the Prime brought them up short. There were voices in the distance, speaking the Tauri tongue. Hesitantly, the Prime slunk just a little closer, unwilling to give away their position, but needing a look at the source of those voices. A slight rise lent some additional cover, and he peered over it

Two figures crouched beside a tiny campfire. The elder of the two had already shrugged off a dark brown, full-length robe and hung it on a tree branch. The boy looked busy, chopping something. He was maybe fifteen or so, with short dark hair and a tiny braid tucked behind his right ear. "Enjoying yourself, Obi-Wan?" the elder man sounded somewhat amused, even as he was cooking, working on preparing something for their meal.

The boy called Obi-Wan was helping by chopping up fresh ingredients. "You know, maybe this vacation to Dantooine wasn't such a bad idea after all."

The Master grinned. "Can I get that on record?" he asked innocently.

Obi-Wan gave a melodramatic sigh. "Of course not, Master, my friends would never let me live that one down," he explained, brandishing his chef's knife to make his point.

The Jedi Master tsked and shook his head. "So you have to feign not liking something to protect your reputation?"

Obi-Wan smirked, "Of course Master, you were a teenager once weren't you?" He looked at the master sidelong as if trying to judge. "Nope, you've always been that ancient."

"Brat, you'll be eating your words when you're my age," Qui-Gon replied, affection in the tone now.

The

17. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh, you are simply evil to leave things there! Great post, though. :D Wonderful tension and buildup to the confrontation. I hope Qui-Gon can protect Obi, but if not, at least let him escape to find our favorite SG-1 gang to help. Will they be making a trip to Thor's hammer?

18. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    ooOOOOOOoooooooooo I can see this going in so many different directions. It almost tempts me to continue the story myself in my head, but then that might ruin it for me...[face_thinking]

Awww Obi's going to get captured or at least almost get captured. :( If he does I bet SG-1 will show up just in time and help Qui-Gon rescue him. ;)

Great update. =D=

19. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Excellent post!

Love the banter between Obi and Qui. :) So sweet!

Ah, so they are planning to take Obi as a host now and wait to take Qui when he comes after Obi? Somehow, I think they've underestimated the Jedi. Especially if SG1 shows up to help...[face_thinking]

And now the Jedi are under attack! Eep- evil cliffie. [face_worried]

Well done and looking forward to more! =D=

20. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Waaaah, that is an utterly evil cliffhanger, you guys!

Ba'al may be a clever fellow, but I think he may be underestimating how dangerous trying to kidnap Obi-Wan could be. Hurry and update this, I can't wait to find out what happens!

The cover art looks absolutely lovely, too. Very professional. :D

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Can you believe it!:oops:

Finally Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have a chance to enjoy themselves and
    they are attacked.:eek:
    Obi-Wan will be taken![face_worried] :_|

I'm certain he will be taken, otherwise we won't see Qui-Gon lose his calm. I love it when he loses Obi-Wan and he realises how much the boy means to him.

Excellent update=D=

22. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    :eek: A Star Wars/Stargate x-over!!!! Oh, wow, Jack O'Neal facing the Jedis [face_laugh] I love him with Kyrian!!! Just how I imagine he would react.

But how could they do it, let Atum escape? And now he and Ba'al are lose in the Jedi universe with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in their sight as prey....

So Obi-Wan is probably going to be taken and Qui-Gon maybe as well, or maybe later, or.... So many possibilities!

I love how action filled this story is and I'm looking forward very much to Qui-Gon interacting with Jack and his team [face_laugh] And also to him being in trouble... [face_love]

If you do pm lists, I would love to be added [face_blush][face_praying]

Wow, this is beautiful, stormqueen, very well done!!! =D= =D= =D=

23. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    p_stotts: All your questions and more will be answered shortly, I assure you. Can Qui-Gon protect Obi? I certainly hope so, because it doesn't look too good for them if they get separated. Also, we pride ourselves on our evil.... now available for take-out or delivery!

JediMasterAmanda: It would be awesome for SG-1 to show up wouldn't it? I mean, they've kinda unleashed a whole new Goa'uld threat. They should clean up their mess. Let's see what happens.....

wolf_kenobi: You know the Goa'uld and their overconfidence. I'm sure they've underestimated the Jedi, but to what extent? Maybe the won't get Obi, after all....

Star-Foozle: We do appreciate the evil comments, so keep 'em coming! As for Ba'al and trying to kidnap Obi-Wan....well, Jaffa are expendable aren't they? ;) Keep reading! It gets better, I promise!

Gkilkenny: Silly...did you think we'd really let Qui and Obi have an actual vacation? LOL! Will Obi be taken? Maybe. Maybe he can outrun a Death Glider, though..... Or maybe Qui has something up his sleeve. You never know....

Seremela: *evil grin* We like to leave our options open. Glad you're enjoying it so far. Stay tuned. A new update is on its way! (And you're being added to the PM list, so yay!!!!)

24. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    Glad you guys are still with us and enjoying, we're having far too much fun than should be allowed. :D And let us say thank you so much for the nominations you guys gave us in the awards! They thrilled us tremendously! You're the best! [:D][:D][:D]

Hey guys, here's this week's update! Fresh from the commercial break!

And now the post!

[b]Chapter Seven[/b]

It was sheer pandemonium.

They were attacked from all sides, bombarded with fists, the odd looking staffs their attackers were carrying. The ships overhead were adding to the confusion, dropping missiles, and causing the ground to lurch beneath their feet.

The air was thick with the smell of smoke and ozone, and flying shrapnel as trees constantly exploded from the overhead bombardment.

Obi-Wan had more than one piece of wood lodged inside him, in his thigh, side and arms, from the flying shrapnel and it was a constant struggle not to focus on the pain of the injuries.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Qui-Gon reach for his grappling hook. Catching on to his Master's idea, he reached for his own.

The ships made another buzz overhead, dropping more blasts, and as one the two Jedi activated their cable launchers, affixing them to the underside of the craft.

It worked.

The cables jerked them high out of range and the two Jedi hung by the cables, high above the swirling sea of their attackers who were confused about how their prey had been jerked away from them.

Obi-Wan hung on grimly, to his launcher, and climbed up the rope managing to hoist himself onto the roof of the ship. For a minute he merely lay there, panting, with the effort of his climb.

The ship jerked violently, it's owner having become aware of his presence, and he slid on the smooth surface, his fingertips scrabbling for a handhold, desperate not to fall off. His hands, sweaty from the fight and climb upward, added to the difficulty of keeping hold, even as the ship rocked again, trying to throw him off.

He hung on tightly; pain from the shrapnel wounds lashing through his arms as he did, even as they went lower near the surface.

The ship was flailing wildly, doing everything it could to unbalance him, with him just barely managing to hold on, by his fingertips.

He had to climb up and see if could disable the craft. Or even take control of it and help Qui-Gon.

Even as he thought that, the ship sailed into the forest, going lower and lower until Obi-Wan could feel the trees scrapping the edges of his clothes.

Enough of this, he thought in annoyance.

He could not make headway here, he knew, and so close to the trees, a wrong move could squash him like a bug.

He didn't want that.

He jumped off, using the Force to propel his leap and his legs absorbed the impact as he hit the ground hard, on managing to keep his balance.

He had only seconds before their attackers would realize he was back on the ground.

Even as he thought that, the blast of a zat'nik'tel gun enveloped him and he gasped, falling to the ground, dazed from the effects of the stun weapon.

He'd been so careless!

Mentally berating himself, he fought desperately against the effects of the stun. As he did, he heard the words, "Lord Ba'al we have the boy."

So they had been after him the entire time.

But he couldn't ponder the thought much further.

Another blast from the stun weapon coursed through him.

His last conscious thought was hoping that Qui-Gon was still free.

~*~

Ba'al and Atum stood side by side in a spare cabin, an honor guard of armed Jaffa at attention, forming a semicircle around the young Jedi. Ba'al watched the boy as he stirred, impressed. "You were right, Atum. His ability to recuperate, at least, is nearly astonishing."

"Isn't it though? I tell you they are most impressive are they not?" he said gloating the barest bit.

The System Lord nodded slowly. "But we shouldn't waste any more time. Bring the symbiote."

As one of the Jaffa walked reverently to a small, liq

25. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Yet another evil cliffhanger! :eek: You're worse than me, and that's saying something. :D Great update! Can't wait for more. I wonder if Qui-Gon can use their training bond to help Obi-Wan control the symbiote. Surely, his mastery of the Force would enable him to neutralize the thing's hold over Obi-Wan. That's it, Jinngerbread... isn't it? [face_praying] Huh? Am I right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.