main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Gate Crashin' (Stargate SG-1/SW Crossover, AU, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, OC's) ~~Final replies 10/28!~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinngerbread, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Ouch, Obi is in a battle of wills with the snake. [face_worried]
    At least it hasn't been able to take over completely yet. We can only hope that Obi-Wan is able to hold on long enough for help to come and get that thing out of him.[face_praying]

At least it looks like SG1 is on the way. They'd better hurry!

Excellent post! Looking forward to more. =D=

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Qui-gon, hurry up and rescue your padawan! :_|

3. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    awwww the end of the chapter already?

hurry and get to Obi's rescue Qui and SG-1!!!!!!!

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm finally all caught up on this fic and what a barn burner it is! Action, humor, drama, heroes, villains, and wonderful treatment of characters and events on both sides of the crossover. Did mention the sweet cover art. Very well done. :cool:

I had one question about the awesome action in chapters 7 & 8: How did Ba'al and Atum find the GFFA again? When we last left them, I thought, both the SGC and Ba'al had no idea how to retun to Tatooine.

That said, I enjoyed the back and forth betwen Ba'al and Colonel Caldwell. That was fun and I could see it on the TV screen in my head.

But, what of Obi-Wan? He put up one hell of a fight. Will Qui-Gon be able to save him in time?

And, when will Jack, Samantha, Daniel, and T'ealc return through the gate?

Edit: ACK! How did I miss Chapter 9? R&R tomorrow for sure.

Please PM me for future updates! [face_hypnotized]

5. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh poop! :eek: The notification in my email said updated 8/12 and I thought it was another wonderful post. [face_dancing] *crosses arms and taps foot* Such trickery! [face_frustrated] ;) Can we expect another update anytime soon? :confused: :D

6. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Great description of the fight inside Obi-Wan between him and the symbiont! Obi-Wan resisting and preferring death to this, that vile thing trying to manipulate him and growing stronger.... And then shutting down Obi-Wan's lung functions!!! This does NOT look good [face_shame_on_you]

Aw, that's ominous... [face_worried]

But at least SG1 now is on the way, and even with some semblance of a plan! Not that I have all that much confidence that it will go like a hike in the park. I feel loads of evil cliffies hanging above the heads of us poor readers :eek:

7. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Waaaaaah!!! Free Obi-Wan already! :/

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    It might be a worthwhile exercise, if Obi-Wan can find a weakness in his symbiot.
    Obi-Wan might learn how to destroy them.

wonderful post hurry with the next one please.=D=

9. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Ah, Chapter 9. This 'discussion' between Obi and his symbiote is fascinating. I hope Obi is able to hold the snake at bay until he's rescued.

I know SG-1 is on the way, but where is Qui-Gon?

What is Kyran up to?

Keep it up!

10. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Yipe! That symbiote's terribly creepy. *shudders* Poor Obi -- emotionally manipulated and then almost suffocated! :( Hang in there, buddy!

Oh, I wish Qui and SG-1 would show up soon. This is another terrible cliffie, you guys! Great work, though. :D

11. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    p_stotts: Apolgies for the long commercial break again. Darth Real Life keeps messing with us, of late. Hopefully the next post will make up for it. Glad you're enjoying! Stay tuned!

Magier: Yay! Another SG-1 fan! Hope you're enjoying it. We'll see what comes of your predictions! ;)

Lilith Demodae: *grin* Well, that stupid snake has him good, now, doesn't it? LOL! Don't worry, I'm sure SG-1 won't stand for this...,

wolf_kenobi: Yay for SG-1! But how will they be able to help? ;) Surely Obi can't lose a contest of wills.....

Alexis_Wingstar: Yeah, Qui! What're you waiting for?! Oh...right. All will be explained shortly, I promise! ;)

JediMasterAmanda: Next update is coming! Hopefully it makes up for the last one... Don't worry, our intrepid heroes are coming soon!

brodiew: Welcome new reader! We aim to please! As to the PM list: your wish is our command. As for how Atum and Ba'al got back to the SW galaxy... um... officially, the Goa'uld kept records of the coordinates for where they exiled Atum, and Ba'al managed to get access to them. :) As for Qui-Gon... you'll see...

Seremela: In case you hadn't noticed, we live for ominous. ;) And other dastardly things, too! Yes, yes... SG-1 come charging in at the appropriate time. But more cliffies? Us??? Nah..... ;)

Sabriel_Orion: Free him? But we've only just kidnapped him, and we intend to have ever so much fun.... Keep readin'...

Gkilkenny: But if Obi kills the symbiote while it's still inside him, the symbiote will release a toxin into his bloodstream that will also kill Obi. We don't want that, do we? ;) Don't worry, new update is coming.

Star-Foozle: Yes, poor Obi. But isn't it deliciously evil to implant him with a Goa'uld? I wonder what happens next.... ;)

Ok, guys, I promise, another update is coming. Commercial break is almost over!

12. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Hey guys, this is a nice long post. :D I'm having to leave town this week, for a family emergency, so in case it takes me awhile to get back, this is a good long one to hopefully tide you over till I get back.

[b]Chapter Ten [/b]

"Chevron Seven....encoded. Chevron Eight..." Sgt. Walter Harriman's voice trailed off from the observation deck above. The inner wheel was moving. It stopped at the triangular symbol that represented the Earth in the dialing sequence, and paused a moment. Then the chevron locked into place. "Chevron Eight...locked."

But nothing happened. The gate didn't activate. Jack groaned. What had that Jedi done to the gate on the other side?

"Maybe they moved it," Daniel ventured glancing at Jack.

Carter was quick to affirm that assumption. "I think Daniel's right, Colonel. We know that the gates won't activate if there's anything wrong, in most cases. They must be in the process of moving both the gate and the DHD."

"Would make sense," Daniel pointed out. "Why would they leave it in the middle of the Tatooine desert if it was something they hadn't seen before? You'd think the Jedi would want to examine it," he pointed out.

Jack sighed and signaled to Harriman to cancel the program. The gate powered down. "We're going to have to use the Prometheus. It's gonna take some time to get the crew ready."

"And even longer to get there," Teal'c said, his brow furrowing. "By then likely the Jedi will already be implanted."

"If they've already got him," Jack countered, "we're already too late. Now we have to go try to minimize the damage........ If we can."

"How long before we could get the crew of the Prometheus ready?" Carter asked. "Would we even be able to figure out without a gate how to get there?"

"Oh, I think we can get some help tracking them down." Jack was already making plans to try and contact Thor. The Asgard could trace drive emissions from the Goa'uld ships, he was certain. But getting Prometheus launched could be more problematic. "I'm gonna have to talk to the General again."

"Or we could wait a few days and see if the Jedi arrive back on Coruscant to set up the Stargate," Daniel suggested. "Would be a lot faster than gallivanting off into the unknown trying to find them."

Jack frowned. He hadn't actually thought of that. On the other hand..... "We have no way of knowing when or even if the Jedi are going to get that gate set up and working again. For all we know, they could have buried it. Just 'cause it makes sense to us to retrieve it for further study doesn't mean it's going to make sense to them. Although I suppose."

He didn't like having to ask the Asgard for too many favors all at once. But then again, it was more than just a single galaxy at stake now. If even one Goa'uld was using a Jedi host, that was bad enough. When the rest of them caught on to the idea, it could mean universal war -- or enslavement. The Asgard wouldn't like that any better than he did. Contacting Thor was his priority now. If Thor could get a message to the Jedi in their galaxy, they could start working on finding the Goa'uld.....

"Is there a way to contact the Jedi to confirm the set up of the gate on the other side?" Carter asked.

Jack nodded. "It's possible. If I can get through to Thor, he might be able to contact them. But it'll take some explaining. We need to have Prometheus and her crew on standby just in case."

"Right, so what should we do in the meantime?" Daniel wanted to know. They were all dressed up with nowhere to go, after all.

"Stand down," Jack decided. "This has just turned into a waiting game." His hand tightened into a fist at his side. He was frustrated. The last thing he wanted right now was for himself and his team to sit around doing nothing, not when there was the potential for a Goa'uld with Jedi powers to be running around making trouble. "I'll get a message to Thor ASAP, then I'll talk to Hammond."

"Right, " Daniel said with shake of the head.

"Anything we can help you do?" Car

13. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Goody, goody! I get first response! You certainly have a lot going on in this chapter. SG-1 trying to use the Stargate, Thor helping the Jedi reassemble the Stargate, and Qui is finally back in the picture! Now, where did those slimy worms take Obi-Wan? Is he still near Dantoine? Or are they headed to the inner core region? Many, many questions in this sithly cliffhanger... and now you've gone and left us again. :_| :D Can't wait to read more, and thanks for the long post. Sorry that I'm so insatiable and impatient... NOT! [face_laugh]

14. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    well at least they're working on getting there.

great update. =D= hurry back to update [face_peace]

MTFBWY

15. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Excellent post!

So SG1 is trying to get through to the Jedi to help- hopefully Thor will be able to help them get the gate set up on their end in time so they can get through.

And Qui is awake! Hopefully he will be able to get in touch and assist with the rescue.

Looking forward to more!

16. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I can tell the SGteam are similiar to me "They hate waiting"[face_frustrated]

At least Thor is speeding things along a bit by helping the Jedi fix the Stargate.

Finally Qui-Gon is awake and comm.ing Yoda I hope.[face_idea]

Great post thanks.=D=

17. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    Oh, man, now we're getting somewhere! So the other Jedi have been informed of the situation now. This is good, as is the team being on its way. But I have got to agree with SG-1 here: the wait's gonna kill me. I can't wait for the next update!

Good work. :D

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    First off, I hope things work out alright with your family, Jinnger [:D]

Okay, on to comment on the update. Thank goodness they got in touch with Thor, and Thor got in touch with the Jedi. Haha, there are alot of things we use on a daily basis that we don't necessarily understand, but we haven't blown ourselves up yet. ;)

I like the interaction between Teal'c and Daniel. :D

You're being mean to Qui-gon, too! I feel for him, waking up with a splitting headache and all the smoke from the forest must be torture to breathe... not a nice combo.

19. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    Jinnger, I'm very sorry to hear about the family crisis and I hope things go well with you and your loved ones!

As for this post... you had me ripping my hair out!!! GET THAT GATE UP AND WORKING ALREADY, YOU LOT!!! (Eh, sorry, I just had to get it out after reading about all the slow going - yes, yes, feeling a bit better now)

But darn, SG1 is needed yesterday!

And poor Qui, waking up in a burning forest! With a concussion! That can't be good [face_worried]

In the mean time Obi-Wan is needing saving and no one is close to helping him yet!

20. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Great update!

SG-1 needs to get move on. As does Qui-Gon!

All at once, an image appeared before them: Standing no taller than about 4 feet high, with mottled gray skin, a frail body, and large head, the little creature regarded the two with big, solemn black eyes. "You are the Jedi?" he asked politely.

Both men turned and Kyran acquiesced to Drex's higher rank letting him take the lead. "Yes," Drex replied.

"Greetings, Jedi," said the alien. He blinked. "I am High Commander Thor, of the Asgard. I have an urgent message, but I am not sure to whom I would relay it. The message is.... sensitive in nature."

But the highlight of this chapter for me was Thor's appearance to the Jedi. I could see it happening 'on screen'. What a cool moment! His warning is dire and it is well recieved by Master Ricar.

I can't wait for the action to pick up again. Qui-Gon and Colonel O'Neill have to Gou'ald butt to kick!

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Whew, finally caught up. :D

So Obi-Wan now has a parasite-thingy in his head, taking him over, not good! [face_worried] :_|

I hope Qui-Gon and those SG-1 people can hurry and rescue him! [face_praying]

Can't wait for more! :D

22. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Wahoo! Now things are really coming together!

Jedi and the SG-1 team? Those Goa'uld won't know what hit them! Especially when Qui-Gon gets going :D

Sorry I haven't been around for some time guys. I've just been very busy lately :( You know how it is.

I hope things turn out alright for you, Jinnger. May the Force be with you and your family and know that we're thinking of you :)

23. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Sorry we've let this story languish so long.

Lithiniel lives in Ohio and is out of power from Hurricane Ike and my mother in law who had been quite ill off and on, passed away and her funeral was this weekend, so things have been really busy between us.

We'll be back as soon as Lithiniel's power gets turned back on, which we really hope will be soon. We're extremely apologetic about the long commercial break, but unfortunately we don't have any control over the situation.

Hang tight guys, we'll be back! We promise!

24. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    I'm very sorry to hear about your mother in law, Jinnger. Please accept my condolences to you and your loved ones, I wish you all a lot of strength.

And I hope Ike only got to the power and didn't cause any other trouble for Lithiniel.

Take care, both of you!

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    My condolences to you on the death of your mother in law. [:D]

I was a victim of Ike as I live in Ohio, too. I was fortunate that the power in my neighborhood was restored last Thursday. Hang in there Lithiniel. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.