main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Gate Crashin' (Stargate SG-1/SW Crossover, AU, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, OC's) ~~Final replies 10/28!~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinngerbread, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lithiniel

Lithiniel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    p_stotts: Insatiability and impatience are good things in a reader! It means we're doing our job. We might grumble and groan, but secretly, we are flattered!

JediMasterAmanda: Yes, they're working on it, and so are we! Look for a small teaser update coming soon!

wolf_kenobi: Ah, there is much more planned for the upcoming entries. All will be resolved in a matter of time, but we're addicted to cliffhangers, you know. Anyway, we're glad you're enjoying it!

Gkilkenny: Hehe. Hint taken. ;) Slowly but surely, we are getting there... Stay tuned, and thanks for reading!

Star-Foozle: We shall stop murdering you with the waiting now. Glad you're enjoying the story, and we hope that by the end of it, the waiting will have been worthwhile....

Alexis_Wingstar: If you know Jinnger, you know she loves putting Qui through hell! But, yes, things are proceeding now, and something non-bad has to happen soonish. It's SG-1, after all, combined with the awesomeness that is Jedi.....

Seremela: Fear not! SG-1 will shortly be underway, we promise! But just for a while, turn your attention to everybody's favorite villains.....

brodiew: Glad you liked reading about Thor and Rixar! Thor is definitely one of the more interesting characters in Stargate, and it's a little difficult to capture the mannerisms of so alien a creature as an Asgard, so it's good to know we're doing our job!

Bastet: Fret not, O Goddess of Cats! The rescue party is being mounted as we speak, but that's all I dare say. And so, I shall leave you only with the following update, which will be forthcoming soon. :D

Glenstorm: I quite agree that SG-1 and the Jedi will make formidable opponents for our favorite Goa'uld..... but let's not forget that Obi-Wan is currently a host. We can't make things too easy on our heroes, can we? ;) Stay tuned....

And finally, ladies and gentlebeings, I want to submit to you all a heartfelt apology for the long delay in posting. In unconscious imitation of the Sci-Fi network, we took a midseason break, and now it's time to get started back up again. We hope.

For my own part, I can admit there were a few bad days here and there with Darth Real Life or her evil twin, Darth Writer's Block, which contributed to some of the delays. For the rest, I blame the electric company entirely, and as a result, I declare, they WILL NOT be paid for the electricity NOT used during the (nearly 2 week) period of the outage! *pounds fist into hand* That'll show them!

But I digress.... My sincerest apologies again to all of you who have had to wait. We have a mini-update for you today, and will be working on getting something a little more involved posted ASAP. Thank you all for your patience, your readership, and your undying devotion..... :D

2. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Here is a short post for now guys, we actually had this bit ready but there wasn't the rest of the chapter to go with it yet, but since it's been so long we decided to go ahead and post just the short update for now and get you a longer one here really soon. We're trying guys, thanks for being so patient!

Ba'al waited impatiently for the next report. Fifteen minutes was a long time to wait, especially when the news wasn't what he'd hoped for. He never really considered that the boy would be so resistant to the symbiote. It had been hours -- he'd lost track of how many, maybe three, going on four. Atum stood nearby, quiet for once. "How much longer is this going to take?" he growled, more to himself than anyone else.

"The Jedi's resistance ability is precisely part of the reason why we wanted him," Atum could not resist pointing this out.

Ba'al rolled his eyes. "If it is too difficult to control a Jedi, then this whole exercise was futile. I do not like wasting my time, Atum." There was real threat in his voice this time.

Atum glared at him. "I am well aware that you do not, my Lord. If I thought this was a futile waste of time, I would not have attempted it. The Jedi cannot hold out forever."

Ba'al half-rose from his seat. "You forget yourself, Atum. It was I who rescued you from the Tauri; I who gave you the chance to redeem yourself; and it was I who expended the effort and resources to capture and implant the Jedi. You stood around and did nothing."

The Jaffa around them shifted uncomfortably. When the gods argued, people tended to get hurt. The Prime who had found the Jedi in the first place kept his eyes on his lord, waiting for the signal that must inevitably come. Atum had pushed too far this time. And while he didn't know exactly what was going on, he knew that Ba'al's retribution would be swift and harsh.

Atum frowned slightly. "I did not mean that in the sense that you thought, my Lord. Yet you would not have known of the Jedi's existence. This is an alliance and partnership and as such we both have our places," he said soothingly. He knew well he could not operate without the resources Ba'al was providing.

Ba'al leaned back in his seat, but he stared balefully at Atum. He was starting to wonder if this alliance had been that great of an idea after all. It didn't particularly matter. Atum was at his mercy. And he was technically right. He'd never have known about this galaxy, let alone the Jedi, if it weren't for Atum's information. He wasn't kidding himself. Atum had just as much respect for Ba'al as Ba'al had for him -- which wasn't a lot. Still, a show of courtesy was preferable to this. Especially in front of the Jaffa.

Much as he hated to, Atum realized he should probably placate Ba'al, especially in front of their Jaffa. Besides, the time would come when he could surpass Ba'al when he had the Master for a host of his own. He bowed politely. "My apologies, my Lord."

"Don't let it happen again." Ba'al told him, mollified for the moment. He was about to say something else when his communicator came to life. He listened intently to the voice on the other end and smiled wickedly. His gaze flicked to Atum's for a moment. "Well, you're in luck, Atum."

"Am I?" Atum wondered, part of him worrying that he was about to have his resources pulled out from under him.

Ba'al simply smiled at him, knowing that his temporary ally probably had a thousand tricks up his sleeve, and a thousand more he was planning. There wasn't anything he could do, not here. Not and expect to survive. The Jaffa were bringing the boy to him -- it seemed the blending had finally taken effect, and Ba'al could hardly wait to see.

Atum looked over with interest. Sure enough the Jaffa were bringing in the boy, who was hanging between them.

~*~

Namtar allowed the Jaffa to practically carry him to the peltac. He was disoriented -- the host had fought him off and nearly beaten him -- and too tired to resist. He had a vague idea where he was, but he was seeing it all

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Great update. Sufficiently intriguing to want more. :p

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    :_| Poor Obi-Wan. Namtar has taken over almost completely, how can Obi-Wan do anything to help himself. Unless he's hiding inside wrapped in the force until he thinks of something.

I know i'm being pushy, but you have to get to the part where the Jedi and SG1 team come to rescue Obi soon![face_shame_on_you]

Thank the Force your break is over.

I will meditate on my impatienceI-) (I'm not really asleep.)

Ok I can wait=D= [:D]

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Oh man those jerks have had a little succass.

Could you add me to the PM list?

6. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    poor Obi. it makes me sad that he hasn't rescued yet

7. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    :eek: OMG, how stupid can you get? They give a rival a host with extraordinary powers and haven't thought about what that can lead up to???? [face_laugh]

Okay, maybe Ba'al is excused just a bit because he clearly doesn't seem to know what a Jedi is capable of, but Atum was a liiiiitle late with his worry IMO - mainly after the fact. I enjoyed his sudden discomfort with the whole situation immensely. [face_laugh] [face_devil]

Still, so far Obi-Wan seems to be able to block this Namtar from the Force, good for him =D=

And Atum is going to try and find a way to keep a Jedi under control. With plans of his own that seem to involve Qui-Gon. Does that mean Qui-Gon and the Goa'uld are all still on/around that same planet??? [face_worried]

I wonder if Ba'al isn't too confident about Atum as well...... Not that I'd mind if he gets in serious trouble :D

This might be short, but aiaiaiai, it's filled with ominous possibilities, it gest more and more interesting! =D= =D= =D=

8. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Nooo! :_| Poor Obi-Wan! :( I hope that parasite thingy never figures out how to use the Force! [face_worried]

And if one of those things had so much trouble controlling a padawan, what makes Atum think he can handle a Jedi master? o_O Let's hope his arrogance is his downfall. And all those other icky things too! [face_shame_on_you]

I hope Qui-Gon and company can rescue Obi soon, before it's too late! [face_worried]

Thanks for the lovely update, you guys! :D

9. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Blast, the Goa'uld has managed to take over Obi. :_| Not good. He needs to get rescued soon.[face_worried]

But at least there's a chance for infighting among the goa'uld... might make them easier to deal with. Or harder, depending on what happens...[face_thinking]

Looking forward to more!=D=

10. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Excellent update!

It seems all three of these scheming Go'ould have separate agenda's. Ba'al seems to think he's in control, but he may yet have bitten off more than he can chew.

I enjoyed Namtar's disorientation and his description of the Force and how it enhances his ability to read peoples emotions. well written.

11. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Alexis_Wingstar I hope you say the same after this update. :D Thanks for reading!

Gkilkenny Rescue Obi-Wan? But the adventure is only just beginning! [face_devil] You will *learn* patience. We will do our best to update weekly however. :D Thanks for reading and enjoying it so much!

Lady_Misty We'd be more than glad to! Thanks for reading!

JediMasterAmanda The adventure has only begun! *Cackles* If you're getting sad now, I think you're going to need a much larger box of tissues eventually. :D Thanks for reading!

Seremela Neither of them were too bright about this whole affair, they should have gotten the resources first and THEN implanted him, not waiting until after wards, because by then it's too late. Atum, as you'll see, didn't have as much knowledge of the Jedi as even he thought. He only knew that they were strong, but much of what Jedi can do is unknown, even to him. As far as how long Obi-Wan can manage to do that, well....you'll just have to wait and see. Glad you're enjoying it just as much as we are! Thanks for reading!

Bastet *Cackles* Well, I'm afraid, that the Goa'uld has access to everything, even the Force, by taking control of Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan blocked him from it for a time, but even he can't hold out forever. Thanks for reading!

wolf_kenobi Yep, the Goa'uld have managed to take over! As far as getting rescued, why so soon? :D The party's just now beginning! Mwahaha.[face_devil] Thanks for reading!

brodiew Yes, all the Goa'uld have separate agendas and each one of them want a more powerful host. Ba'al indeed might find that he's in over his head, more so than even he realizes. Very glad you're enjoying this, we're having way too much fun with the Goa'uld. It's fun being bad! :D Thanks for reading!

Well everyone, this is the last chapter of this particular story. The sequel is coming though so don't fret. At any rate, we hope you have thoroughly enjoyed the ride so far and keep your seat belts fastened for the next one. :D If you want to remain on the PM list for the sequel, just let us know!

And without further ado, the post!

Ba'al strode briskly down the corridor, ignoring the bowing and scraping of the servants as he passed them by. He arrived at the door of the quarters he'd assigned to Namtar. They were spacious quarters, he knew, nearly as large as his own. One wall would be dominated by a reinforced window, providing a breathtaking view of the stars around them. It was floored in a deep burgundy carpet, and furnished with the most exquisite taste, everything matching and well-made; fit for a king -- or a god. The System Lord moved to open the door, then thought better of it. He would need to be careful with Namtar. He was hotheaded, lacked experience, and altogether too confident in himself. He knocked on the door instead.

Ba'al waited quite some time for an answer. He was about to knock again when the door hissed open. Namtar was standing there, about a head shorter than Ba'al himself, but seeming, somehow seeming much taller. He looked irritated at the interruption. Ba'al smiled disarmingly. "I trust you're feeling somewhat more recovered?"

Namtar did not smile back, knowing that this other was the one who wished him manipulated and controlled. "I am feeling much recovered."

Ba'al's own smile remained fixed. "Excellent. I was wondering if I might speak with you..." He glanced around, as if making sure that no one was skulking nearby. "Alone."

Namtar turned finally to face him, and finally he smiled, the whites of his eyes showing. "Were you?"

Ba'al hesitated for the barest of instants. "I realize you may not appreciate my hospitality, nor my generosity, at this point in time. I think, however, that we can come to some sort of agreement."

Namtar paused for a moment before he finally nodded. "Is that so?"

Ba'al looked at him with all the grace and dignity he had practiced and cultivated for centuries. He would never let on that he was intimidated by the other; he n

12. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I'll delurk long enough to beg to be added to the PM list!

13. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Ba'al should have given Obi-Wan to some one he trusted or used him for himself.

I hope they don't learn about Anakin and try to use him.

Hurry up you slow Jedi and get the gate up and running!

Thanks for the PM.

14. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    AAARG! *jumping up and down* LAST PART? LAST PART???????? I need the sequel NOW! :_| [face_praying]

You end this so badly for Obi-Wan!

...and the only way I can think of that Namtar knows, is through Obi-Wan... through Obi's memories, or his Jedi abilities?

Yes, it's happened! He can access the Force!!!!

OMG, poor Obi-Wan, Namtar is using the dark side! Of course he would, but, well, it's through Obi-Wan's body and Obi-Wan is still there, fighting!

I don't like what this might mean for Obi-Wan at all :_|

*snort* Yeah, now he knows. Can't say I feel too bad about his death :D

:( Oh no, he's doing it, he's using threats to Qui-Gon to help keep Obi-Wan subdued. I was afraid of that.

And: of course he planned on taking the master anyway... not good, not good at all (for OW and QG that is, for us readers it's a whole lot of fun I'd say [face_devil] )

[face_shame_on_you] Don't you dare take me off the pm list for the sequel! I'll come hunting you two if you do! (translation: please, please keep me posted on this [face_praying]!)

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    :_|

Poor Obi-Wan. :( I hope he can figure out a way to get control back from Namtar, before that thing goes after Qui-Gon! [face_worried]

I can't say I'm sorry to see the end of Ba'al, though. I suppose Atum is next. [face_devil]

Please keep me on the PM list, I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel! :D

16. verd_beskar_prudii

verd_beskar_prudii Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2008
    this is awesome!!!
    i love the characterizations of all the characters, SG-1 and Ba'al!
    can you put me on the PM list too???

17. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Finis That's it:eek: You tell me to have patience:oops:

My patience has flown out the window with Ba'al. I'm glad he's dead.

But poor Obi-Wan he's just a child how can he survive.

Please PM me when you continue this. I would like to stay on your PM list thanks.

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    That was deliciously evil.

However.... Finis... What? It can't be finished! We need more! Obi-wan needs to be freed!

19. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    FINIS?!?! Nooooo! You've got to continue this!!!

20. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Namtar has control of Obi and has eliminated Ba'al... Now he's aiming for galactic conquest. Uh-oh. This does not look good.[face_worried]

Ba'al was a bit of an idiot, to implant a rival in an extremely powerful host.:oops:

Its over? Noooooooooooooooo!
    At least we have a sequel to look forward to- please PM me when you start it.

Great work and looking forward to more! =D=

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, silly me didn't bother reading your note before the actual update. Of course I want to be on your PM list when you post the sequel! I'll take it as a personal affront if you take me off! :p

22. Star-Foozle

Star-Foozle Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2006
    It's...over? What?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! /Luke

But seriously, gah, you can't end it there!! Please, please put me on your PM list for when you start the sequel. You know you've done a good job when you've got people metaphorically banging on your door with torches and pitchforks demanding the next bit, so this is a good sign. But really, don't wait too long on that sequel -- I can't wait!

Really excellent work. =D=

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Well, it's about time I got caught up here. Putting a Goa'uld in Obi-Wan is just so eeeeeeeeevil. [face_devil] And now the gate's in the temple and Qui-Gon is still stuck in the forest. Yeah, Jack had better get moving on rescuing things. And rescuing Jedi.....that would be seriously big, even for O'Neil.

And Ba'al dead.............yeah, I've seen that before. How many Ba'al clones are there? [face_mischief] Nobody can chew the scenery like Ba'al; he always comes back.

24. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Finis? FINIS!? You gotta be kidding me! :mad: You just better have a sequel up your sleeve, Jinnger. :D [face_praying] You do, don't you? You wouldn't just leave us hanging like that... would you? Please PM me when you start posting the sequel.

25. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    finis?!?!?!?!?! you must make a sequel!!! you must!!!! you!!!! must you must!!!! Obi-Wan can't remain in Gou'ald hands!!!!! PM me when you create a sequel please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.