main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Gateway JKII Event

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Sebulba-X, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Obey Wann (Southwest RSA) posted this in the FanForce Activities forum (formerly the AOTC Line Up forum)...thought I'd try to spread the word around some. Indy is looking into this. If any other groups do, please let me/us know. :)

[link=http://www.gateway.com/country/promotions/challenge/index.shtml]Gateway JKII Event[/link]

[b]Gateway Computers[/b] and [b]Lucas Arts[/b] have teemed up to create a very cool event that may be happening in your area. It is a great chance to get the word out about your local Fan Force, as well as the 501st and Rebel Legion.[blockquote][b]Test your skills playing Star Wars® Jedi Knight® II: Jedi Outcast? by using the Force to destroy 12 opponents. Plus, you?ll get a chance to win some very cool prizes![/b][/blockquote]I would [b]highly[/b] recommend that each FF try and do something with this event. Check with your local Gateway stores (possibly the Marketing Rep for the area), and see if they are doing this. If they are hosting the tournament, you may want to have costumed members (Stormtroopers, Jedi, Fleet Troopers, Pilots, etc.) help provide some additional ?security?, as well as theme to the event by ?trooping? it. This is a great chance for you to hand out flyers and get the word out about your organizations (with the local Gateway?s permission, of course).

If you don?t have an official FF in your area, then you may find some people playing in the tournament who would be interested in FF, and help your city become official.

Note: The event goes on for a number of days ?you may only want to troop the first and last days of the event.

Feel free to forward this on to your local 501st, Rebel Legion and Dewback Wing representatives ?it?s a great chance to get the word out!!!

[i]A special thanks to Kevin, [b]aztrooper0013[/b], who first alerted me to this, and is coordinating the Arizona involvement in this event.[/i][hr]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.