main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Gateway SciFiCon 3 == St. Louis == July 6-8

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, May 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Gateway SciFiCon 3 == St. Louis == July 6-8

Hello, FanForce friends from fair sites across the Midwest.
    Just thought I'd put out an invite to a convention that is taking place not far from home.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gateway SciFiCon 3 will be at the St. Louis Airport Hilton from July 6 to July 8 this year.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been told the guest list is pretty good, but since my interests are pretty specific the important guests IMO are:
    Timothy Zahn (author of lots of excellent Star Wars EU material among other works)
    and
    James Doohan (Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott ("Scotty") from the original Star Trek series).

I realize this is the same weekend as ConVergence in Minn., and that many will go to that, but thought I'd plug this one anyway.

My apologies for not posting about this much earlier in the year. Registration prices are $50 through June 1st, after which they go up to $60. They do have arrangements for phone registration with credit card, though, so it is still possible to get the $50 rate.

We in St. Louis are still trying to get our FanForce Chapter off the ground. We hope to have our first event in conjunction with this convention. It would be great to celebrate with some folks from out-of-town.

If you decide to come, please post a note to that effect over on the St. Louis forum page. And feel free to contact me directly via PM or email if you have any questions about traveling or sightseeing or anything else that I can help you with. I live super close to Lambert Airport and the Hilton, and I've lived around St. Louis all my life, so I can give directions, make suggestions, whatever. I'd be happy to pick folks up at the airport, or whatever, just let me know. I've had a great time partying with the Chicago Force in their digs on two occasions, and I'd love to able to pass on their hospitality to me.

Here's the link to the convention website: Gateway SciFiCon 3

2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Actually, the most appealing guests to me are Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff who played Dr. Clayton Forrester (and Crow) and TV's Frank on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Really makes me wish it were on a different weekend, so I could do both conventions. Oh, well.

Phil

3. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Yep, and I know ex-act-ly what is more attractive about ConVergence! heh heh

Can't say I blame ya either.

4. Master_Beerstalker

Master_Beerstalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2001
    I've never been to any kind of convention, star wars or not. What exactly goes on? I live in Peoria so I would be willing to go to St Louis if I thought it would be fun. I have always been a SW fan and started reading the books last year.

Since then I have finished every book up to the New Jedi Order. Especially when they have killed off Chewbacca. (Those Bast****).

I'm always up for dinking and partying so let me know if that is welcome.

5. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Howdy Master_BS!

Um, I was gettin' ready to compose an answer to that when I got caught up in two different instant message chats with friends.

And it is late and I have to be at a wedding in the a.m.

I'll GET BACK TO YA!

Promise.

:::Looks around, doesn't see anyone watching, uncrosses fingers on both hands:::

Not really.
    J/K! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.