main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Gathering Darkness: A Justice League AU RP

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ramza, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    [image=http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/darthramza/martian-manhunter.jpg]

Greetings.

Do not be alarmed. I am merely contacting you via my telepathic powers. As it is I am also addressing eight additional ?superheroes,? as you seem to refer to yourselves, at this exact moment.

I am called J?onn J?onnz, last of the Martians.

I have chosen to contact you nine because I have foreseen a tremendous evil coming to this planet. I do not know what shape or form this evil will take, nor why you nine must be chosen, I only know that it must be you nine. I do not often have visions of the future, perhaps this is why I cannot say.

What I can say is that this evil cannot be beaten by any one hero alone. Therefore I propose an alliance, a sort of ?League,? if you will. I understand if you are reluctant to forgo your independence, but it is my belief that together we can accomplish a great deal more than we can alone.

I shall allow you twenty-four hours to decide. If you choose to accept, simply say so aloud. Farewell for now.

[b]Welcome to Gathering Darkness: A Justice League AU RP![/b]

This game is inspired by various properties owned by DC Comics, and the basic idea of the Earth?s greatest heroes assembling together to fight crime and save the world still holds. However, in this universe things have progressed a bit differently than in the original canon. The various superheroes have only just begun to emerge on the scene, and are still fairly wet behind the ears, so to speak. These rookie heroes will have to learn a lot about themselves and their abilities, and quickly, if they hope to stave off the great evil the Martian Manhunter has warned of. As a result no superhero has more than a couple of years worth of experience beneath his belt.

The game will be composed of a series of missions that will pit our team of nine heroes, guided by the Martian Manhunter, against various threats from across the DC Universe. Are these plots an unrelated series of coincidences, or part of something more sinister? And what exactly is the great evil on the horizon? Furthermore, who has made the Manhunter's list of chosen heroes? The typical Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman-centric ensemble of the standard canon? An off-beat team composed of the likes of The Question, Phantom Stranger, and the Spectre? Or something in between or even totally different?

[b]The Rules

Character Sheets:[/b]

1. [b][color=red]PLEASE PM ALL PROSPECTIVE CHARACTER SHEETS TO ME. All CSes posted without permission will be ignored, and I will ask for them to be deleted.[/b][/color]
    2. Any DC comics character is acceptable, from Superman to The Question, as long as they are heroic and reasonably capable. No supervillains or civilians, please.
    3. Character Sheets need to include a backstory detailing how and when the character became a hero, and remember that this has not been for very long. Remember, this is an AU game, so be as creative as you want, but try to stay true to the spirit of the original (For example, Green Lantern can be from another planet, but Batman should not be the Last Son of Krypton). Some points you might want to consider: Where does my character derive their abilities from? Why did my character become a superhero in the first place? Who, or what, is he striving to protect?
    4. There is no standard Character Sheet format. Instead,[color=red][b] I will accept prospective CSes until 4:00 AM EST January First[/color][/b], and then select the NINE I deem best. Be as detailed or sparse as you see fit, but remember that you are competing with your peers. Obviously, not everyone can be Batman or Superman, so be sure to try your hand at some of the less prominent figures in the DCU. If I do not feel as if there are nine good quality CSes, I will simply proceed with fewer places.
    5. The nine players I have accepted will be notified upon selection, and may then post their Character Sheets to the thread.

[b]Posting:[/b]

1. I expect posts of reasonably good caliber. Use all of the usual conventions, ie ?IC?, ?TAG?, et al., and

2. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    Handle Captain Marvel

Name: William Baston

Sex: Male

Personality:

In a world that is dark and evil, William 'Billy' Baston is a bright light in the gloom, he's always thinking of how to do good, this is partly because his childhood innocence he's always carried with him. Known to many as the boyscout, the label serves well to describe him. When he turns in to Captain Marvel, though his appearance changes his personality stays the same. This can also lead him to outbursts of happiness or awe when he sees certain heroes perform feats that he himself could complete with ease, though this of course differs depending on what hero is performing the deed. For example seeing someone like Superman lift a building he will giggle with excitement or watch in awe as the Green Arrow wiped out a few mooks in a few minutes while it would take Billy at most a second. While Billy despises darker heroes like Batman, saying they give people like Superman and him a bad name. Most super heroes have a darker side to them, even the man of steel has turned nasty before and whilst Billy has faced many tough challenges in his life, namely the murder of his parents he has come out of the other end stronger.

Physical Appearance:[image=http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk306/Olisdeloe/Cap1.jpg]

Powers & Abilities:

S: The Wisdom of Solomon: Captain Marvel is gifted with the wisdom of Solomon, this gifts Captain Marvel with super intelligence, making him able to talk multiple languages, make good tactical decisions with minimal data, withstand mental attacks, and on occasion hypnotize people.

H: The Strength of Hercules: Known as the Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel if gifted with an incredible amount of strength, he is effortlessly able to bend steel, punch through walls and lift ridiculously heavy objects. He is Superman?s equal in Strength

A: The Stamina of Atlas: In his Captain Marvel form Billy is able to use incredible amounts of energy, being able to work non-stop for long periods of time, withstand damage which would annihilate another man, almost matching the Man of Steel in defense, as well as not having to eat, drink, sleep or breath when in the Captain Marvel form.

Z: The power of Zeus: This makes Captain Marvel able to summon lightening by saying the word 'Shazam' this can be used as a weapon by holding foes above him so it strikes them instead of him or simply standing near them and dodging the bolt. If Captain Marvel is struck by the lightening bolt he turns back in to Billy and Visa Versa.

A: The courage of Achilles: Like the Wisdom of Solomon the courage of Achilles helps his inner resolve, making him brave in the face of great danger and peril, helping him to accomplish his deeds with out thinking of personal safety.

M: The Speed of Mercury: With the speed of Mercury Captain Marvel is able to travel at incredible speeds, almost enough to break the speed of light . This also allows him to fly at high speeds. He is slower than say the Flash, but faster than Superman

Weakness: Powerless when in Billy Baston form.

Can only turn in to Captain Marvel when he utters the word 'Shazam' being unable to talk makes him unable to activate powers.

Being struck by lightening when in Captain Marvel form turns him back in to Billy Baston

Background:

Billy Baston was born with his twin Sister Mary to a pair of archaeologists. He lived a fairly normal life with his family until an ill-fated trip his parents and Sister made to a dig in Egypt. To keep Billy occupied on the plane trip their, Billy?s parents spoke at great lengths of someone called Superman and his exploits. Billy immediately was enthralled with the tales of Superman?s exploits and on those three days on the plane quickly knew he wanted to be like Superman when he grew up. Protecting the weak and making sure the bad guys went to jail. The trip to Egypt itself was an amazing experience though, and Billy

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    GM Approved!

Name: Green Arrow
    Alias: Oliver Queen
    Appearance: Blone hair and facial hair. Top physical shape.
    [image=http://rooktopia.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/green-arrow.gif]

Affiliation: Justice League
    Profession / Specialization: Former Mayor of Star City

Backstory: At one time, Oliver Queen was a billionaire on top of the world, taking up the Green Arrow mantle to protect his streets from the corruption he had to deal with on a daily basis. However, he eventually lost all his money and had to result to a street detective type persona for Green Arrow, now, bringing big corporations, along with everyday villains, to justice with his own two hands. And of course his bow and arrow.

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Note: Since I currently have four party members, I have decided to allow CS submission to remain open. The game will begin as planned, but feel free to submit a Character Sheet if you wish. :)

5. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    GM approved.

Name: Dr Fate

Alias: Kent Nelson

Physical Appearance:
    [image=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3746/110279-660-doctor-fate_super.jpg] [image=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x106/supergirl4u05/l_1a18196ea85fac4f1a93bd9e02852a61.jpg]

Affiliation: Justice League

Archaeologist

Powers & Abilities: Doctor Fate possesses a variety of mystical powers. In general, even without wearing the Helmet of Nabu, the host can fly, is highly resistant to injury, has minor telekinesis, and has greater-than-human strength. He is also a powerful sorcerer in the mystical arts.

Weakness:
    Most of his powers are void without the powers of the Helmet and Amulet.

Background: Kent Nelson was on a archaeological expedition in the valley of Ur. While searching the area his father opened up the tomb to the great wizard Nabu letting out a poisonous gas, and killing him. Orphaned and alone Nabu takes pity on the young Kent, and raises him, and teaches him magic, then bestows upon him a mystical Helmet and Amulet. After receiving the gifts Kent returns to the states, and seeing all the evil takes up the mantle of super hero and calls himself Dr Fate.

6. RC-1215

RC-1215 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2008
    Approved for gameplay

Alias: Magog the New Man of Tomorrow
    Date of Birth: Undetermined

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 203lbs
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Black

Family: Franklin Delano Roosevelt (Great-grandfather, deceased)
    Marital Status: Single
    Species: Human (altered)
    Nationality: American

Base of Operations: Formerly the JSA Headquarters, now Mobile

Abilities: Super strength and durability, has military training.

Appearance:
    [image=http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s341/comics_previews/solicitations_DC_Comics/JSA_KCSMGCv1.jpg]

Weapons: Trident that shoots force beams

History/Background:
    Lance Corporal David Reid, great-grandson of Franklin D. Roosevelt, was with the Marine platoon assigned to halt the looting of the National Museum of Iraq during the Iraq War. Reid tracked one of the looters and found an artifact; upon touching it, Reid blacked out, waking up three weeks later to find that he was now filled with plasma energy and that a mark shaped like the Eye of Providence had opened up on his left arm. With the aid of a pointed hand-held device (which got him the nickname ?Lance?), Reid was able to project focused blasts of energy.

Because the modern Justice Society tries to keep the legacies of former heroes alive, and because Franklin Roosevelt was credited with bringing the JSA together in the first place, the Society asked Reid to join them.

When the JSA encountered the third-world survivor Gog, several of their number had themselves "healed" by him. When Gog set out to save a village from a rogue military attack, the JSA assisted him. During the conflict, Lance was struck by an RPG missile, and killed. Gog stood over Lance and brought him back to life, replacing his ruined arm and eye with golden versions. Gog then said "Magog. Rise".

Within this possible future, he represents the violent, modern-style heroes who come into conflict with the classic, moralistic heroes of the past.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Note: Waiting on Fisto to post his CS, and then expect the introductory post. If you want, you're free to post an introduction that concludes with your character accepting the Martian Manhunter's offer, or simply wait until I post some time tomorrow. Your choice. [face_peace]

8. Fisto_Hero

Fisto_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2008
    Sorry I'm late, and this is Approved!:)

Name: James "Jim" Harper
    Alias: The Guardian
    Homeworld: Earth
    Appearance:
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/Guardianjh.jpg]

Abilities: Athletic speed; Formidable fighter, exceptional strength, healing power
    Gadgets/Tools: An indestructable shield
    Bio: Jim Harper is a cop who patrols the suicide slums. Tired of criminals sliding under the detection of the law, he took on the mantle of The Guardian. He started alone but was eventually helped by the Newsboy Legion to which he protected them, being their "Guardian". As the years grew on, Jim was successful in stopping crime, but found himself getting older and older and started to die from old age, going into retirement. The Newsboy Legion grew up to be the Leaders of Project Cadmus and decided to help Jim for the old days and used their cutting edge technology to transfer his mind from his old body into a cloned younger version of himself. The clone is obviously better than he was even in his prime, it has super strength, speed and a healing factor

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    GM note: And so it begins...

IC: ???
    Unknown Location

The mysterious figure lit a match and brought it to the tip of his fat cigar, briefly revealing a black mustache and broad nose. He took a long draw on the premium Cuban before he finally decided to acknowledge the man who had brought the news to him.

[color=crimson]"So what you're telling me, Mister..."[/color]

[color=darkred]"Just call me X. Can't use my real name here, for obvious reasons."[/color]

[color=crimson]"Right... yes, of course, Mr. X, of course. So what you're telling me is that no less than [i]six[/i] of these so-called superheroes have... [i]vanished[/i]...?"[/color]

[color=darkred]"Indeed. My... [i]sources[/i]... have confirmed that [b]Captain Marvel[/b], [b]Green Arrow[/b], [b]Dr. Fate[/b], [b]Magog[/b], [b]Steel[/b], and even the clone of [b]The Guardian[/b] have gone totally missing. One moment they're there, the next... poof! Like magic, almost."[/color]

[color=crimson]"Well, we certainly can't rule out that possibility these days, can we? Still, it seems like this would be an excellent time to set that plan you suggested into motion. It'll be a bit rough getting it going that fast, but yes... An excellent time indeed."[/color]

[color=darkred]"Glad to be in business with you. Oh, but I should mention my... er... [i]partner[/i]. Interesting fellow, really, you see..."[/color]

The two figures continued talking for some time, before they finally shook hands and sealed the deal. As their meeting drew to a close, both started to wonder just how they could manipulate this agreement to put themselves on top.

[hr]

[b][i]IC: J'onn J'onnz, the Martian Manhunter[/b]
    Meeting Room, Exact Location Unknown[/i]
    [hr]
    J'onn looked at the recruits who had accepted his call to arms. They weren't the ones making headlines these days, no, but they were all members of the chosen nine. Six of them had shown up, the other three apparently were still uncertain. Well, better to have at least some of them.

The first seemed to be nothing more than a ten-year old boy. But on closer mental probing J'onn noticed a rather odd section of his mind, as if it were almost walled off. There was some sort of key to opening this part, he could tell, but what it was... he did not know. Yet.

The next was a tall blonde fellow who looked like a spin on the "Robin Hood" of popular Earth mythology, complete with bow and arrow. J'onn sensed a burning desire for justice in the fellow, just the kind of motivation he needed.

Next came a man equipped with amulet and mask... and powerful magic. J'onn was almost taken aback. Just what was this fellow? He seemed more powerful than even the Manhunter, but some aspect of the magic was interfering with his analysis.

Fourth was an older looking fellow dressed in a sort of ram costume. J'onn found both life and death in this one, a curious mix that also led to a permeating sort of blackness in the mind. But J'onn could tell this one, too, believed in justice... although an altogether different kind then the earlier man.

Then there was the clone who was not a clone. J'onn could tell the mind of this one was much older than the body. Almost like a Kryptonian of old... but of course, this was no Kryptonian. This one, instead, was as much an Earthling as all of these heroes.

Last came a metal man, but underneath there was, as always, a normal man. J'onn could sense confusion, yes, but also a burning thirst for doing good. And of course, the suit alone would have been worthy of the greatest Martian engineers.

This entire process took only a few moments. J'onn then spoke:

[color=green]"I welcome you, Chosen Heroes, to the first meeting of the 'Justice League'. It was of course I who contacted you, and as I mentioned I am J'onn J'onnz, the last Martian. Although you may know me by the name the Earthlings have given me, the Martian Manhunter.

"As I mentioned, there is a great evil on the horizon, and it is for this purpose we band together. We must use this time now to strengthen our abilities to work as a cohesive unit

10. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: William Baston/ Captain Marvel

Billy stood wide eyed in the face of nearly all the heroes he had heard about in his youth. Dr. Fate, the dazzling magician, the robin hood like Green Arrow, Steel the man who had BRIEFLY replaced Superman, and his personal favorite the Guardian, the dude EVEN HAD A GOLDEN SHIELD!

Billy clapped his hands and smiled warmly, knowing one of the men he had admired three years ago stood here, The Manhunter. The only person he didn't like here was, well, Magog. Billy had even heard the man had killed some of the people he had brought in. In his Captain Marvel form, he was even sure of it. He knew he should introduce himself to the group at large. He couldn't pass up this chance though!

Quickly reaching in his pocket, Billy pulled out a large felt pen, a poster featuring both The Green Arrow and The Guardian. Tugging on the Arrows's tunic Billy lifted up the poster and pen.

"Ummm, Mister Arrow before the mission begins, can I please get your autograph? Pretty please with sugar on top?" Billy pleaded to his almost life long idol.

TAG: Arrow, and other League Members

11. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Name: John Henry Irons

Alias: Steel

Physical Appearance: Tall with black hair and grey eyes

Affiliation: Justice League, ArmerTek Industries

Powers and Abilities: John's primary source of power is his metal suit, which endows him with super strength and the power of flight, as well as other minor utilities including a communications center. To compliment this incredible suit, he is equipped with a massive hammer and a wrist-mounted gatling gun. The hammer weighs several tons and could easily incapacitate, or possibly even kill, an ordinary person with a single strike. This seemingly indestructible hammer can be summoned by John at a whim as long as he wears his suit.

In addition to this formidable arsenal, John is himself a prodigious engineering talent, allowing him to quickly understand the nature and structure of most mechanical objects.

Background: John Henry Irons was originally an ordinary engineer working at ArmerTek industries creating various cutting-edge weapons and armor suits. As fate would have it, one day John was kidnapped by Intergang members who wished to learn the secrets behind his newest powered suit. When Irons refused, he was callously tossed off of a sky scraper by the enraged criminals. Luckily, he was saved by none other than the Man of Steel himself - Superman. Grateful for his rescue, John asked how he could repay the costumed crime fighter, to which Superman responded: "Live a good life."

IC
    Steel shuffled slightly as he looked around. His photoreceptors showed static from the sudden transportation. The only reason why he hadn?t collapsed from the disorientation of the sudden jerk through time and space was because he was in a suit that made it impossible to do so.

The gaitling gun and popped out from Steel?s wrist automatically as his hammer soon began to hum with reserved energy. Steel relaxed suddenly when he heard the Martian?s speech. His weapon logarithms returned to normal and he relaxed as he looked around.
    Steel covered a chuckle and look of amazement as Billy Baston asked Green Arrow for his autograph. Steel allowed his now normal photoreceptor to scan and analyze the body temperatures, heart beat, and other statistical facts of those around him.

The Martian?s was alien as he expected, most of the others however were humans like him but most of their physical aspects were off the record.
    Tag All

12. Ofi-wan

Ofi-wan Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2008
    Name: Hal Jordan
    Alias: Green Lantern
    Homeworld: Earth
    Appearance: [image=http://parallax.homestead.com/files/Hal_Jordan.jpg]

Abilities: Is in possession of one of the most powerful weapons in the galaxy. This allows him to manipulate a constant stream of energy into anything only limited by his imagination. The beams ,however, can be stopped by intense yellow radiation.

Gadgets/Tools: Green ring, Green Lantern Charger

Bio: Hal Jordan was a man without fear from a very young age. As soon as he got out of highschool he joined the air corps and became a distinguished fighter pilot. Wherever people went people were dazzled by his flight skills. Jordan was soon promoted to a high secret top agency which caused him to serve as a spy pilot and astronaut. Jordan made several secret trips to Mars under this agency. This is where he discovered Abin Sur. On one of his many trips Jordan?s fighter crashed into Mars. He was able to extricate himself from the wreckage and look for help.

Jordan ,using radar technology, found an exotic ship. In it was the body of renowned Lantern Abin Sur. Abin explained that the gravity of Jupiter swung his ship into a crash collision with Mars. Abin identified that Jordan was the a man without fear and endowed him with the ring. Abin died before he could explain the impending threat that Abin had been trying to warn Jordan about.

By this time Jordan was low on oxygen. He barely managed to stumble towards Abin?s ship. Jordan looked at the ship and realized the fundamental flaws of the ship. He used his skills as an engineer to manage to fix the ship. Though the controls were alien Jordan recognized some of the similar functions. He managed to pilot the ship to Earth. As he flew through the atmosphere it began to fall apart. Jordan was ejected from the ship and began to plummet to the surface of the Earth. As he did he picked up the ring and slipped it on his finger. Jordan imagined himself flying and escaping death as he did the ring encased him energy and jerked him upwards.

Jordan managed to fly to safety. He was evacuated from the Sahara dessert and brought back to HQ. Jordan was quickly debriefed. Jordan resigned soon after devoting more time to working as a hero. Jordan is confused about his place as a Lantern but is ready to work hard and establish himself as a great Lantern.

IC
    The Jet Plane streaked towards ground at near lightning speed. Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern dove after it. Terrorist strikes were a lot more common in America now. From what GL had known a terrorist bomber had ignited a bomb hidden in his watch. It had short circuited and knocked out the lateral controls and engine. From what he could tell know one was seriously injured. Except for the terrorist who was dead.

?Idiot,? GL muttered under his breath. ?That?s what you get for igniting a bomb in an airplane bathroom.?

Hal extended his fist allowing a feeling of elation to come over him as he did. Using the energy from the ring he parted a large cloud revealing the plane which was spiraling at top speeds. Hal shot down towards Earth expanding the energy considerably. Within a matter of seconds he managed to encompass the plane in a large clamp. The plane came to a halt.
    Hal dove down again and as he did managed to direct the plane to safe ground. In the middle of a baseball stadium. Fortunately it was empty.

Hal ripped open the door with his ring and stepped inside.

?Is everybody alright?? Hal noticed an unconscious man on the floor and blood splattered on the other side of the bathroom compartment. ?Well that?s unfortunate to know there are still bad people who are willing to kill innocent ah children.? Hal noticed a little boy sitting in a nearby seat gaping at him in amazement.
    ?Uh right.? Hal scratched the back of his head and turned to leave. ?The authorities are on their way.?
    As Hal took off he bashed himself on the head mentally. He still didn?t get the hang of hero speak. ?Whatever.?
    That?s when he heard the sound. A mental boom filled his ears and Hal l

13. RC-1215

Nov 28, 2008
    IC: Magog, the New Man of Tomorrow
    Meeting Room, Exact Location Unknown

Magog rolled his eyes as he stood off from the group, not entirely tending to make himself a loner, but one would assume as such from his behavior. Every other hero that had been gathered was altruistic, pure, without means to do whatever it took to stop a criminal. That separated him from the rest. In fact, he was sure of it. He sternly tapped his metallic finger across the trident he held in his folded hands, wondering about the group. He knew them, all of them. The JSA had a sensible grasp on who-was-who among heroes should they ever be low on recruitment.

Then, when the Manhunter spoke (an ironic name Magog thought as he stood among five other heroes who had seemingly been ?hunted down? in their own rights) he told the young child to speak up, who of course seemed more like a fanboy than an actual hero. ?Not much to marvel at if you ask me...? He thought to himself, hoping the Manhunter wasn't picking up on his thoughts.

Then Magog spoke up, pressing himself verbally between the others while still standing off from them. ?The Manhunter said introduce yourself, kid. So get on with it. I think if the Martian wanted to waste more time with petty things like autographs, there would have been more press for this.? He scowled at Billy, turning his head upward to narrow his eyes on the other heroes. For a brief moment, his eyes began to glow.

?Magog, and I'm not planning on being a posterboy for justice,? He chuckled inside his head while keeping a stern demeanor, reveling at the verbal innuendo he shot at Baston and the two heroes that the kid wanted an autograph of. ?I'm working with you to prevent this world from falling apart thanks to whatever evil the Manhunter sensed. If it's as bad as he says it is, there's no holding back, no taking prisoners.?

He flexed his shoulders a moment and popped a crick in his neck. ?We're a team irregardless, and as long as you don't get in my way, I'll stay outta yours.? He turned back to the group and gave a curt nod. ?There? That a good enough introduction for you??

TAG: Captain Marvel, Green Arrow, The Guardian, Steel, Green Lantern, Dr Fate

14. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: William Baston/ Captain Marvel

Billy's eyes shot towards Magog as a large frown spread across his face. He was right in not liking Magog as the man continued his speech. Not taking prisoners!?! No holding back?!? Was this guy a sociopath!?! He stepped away from Arrow wordlessly and looked up at Magog unflinchingly.

"Instead of just telling you who I am, why not show it?" Billy said tonelessly, as he then looked up to the heavens, his arms out stretched in a y shape. He still felt the need to look up into the heavens when the lightning struck down.

"SHAZAM!" Billy cried, as lighting flew from the sky, its bright light probably blinding everyone in the room.

When Billy, no, Captain Marvel opened his eyes he knew stood eye to eye with Magog. His blue jeans and black shirt where replaced with Marvel's iconic uniform. His body was now bulging muscle, the word tank always came to Billy's mind to describe his looks. Reminded him just how dangerous he was in this body.

"The real name is Captain Marvel. If your saying what I think your saying...then your wrong. Superman doesn't kill people and neither do I! There always is an alien death cruiser hovering above us, or Luthor is always playing with something that doesn't belong to him. We deal with it, with our kiddy gloves on. We'll find a way. We always do. That's what separates us from them. We never compromise on our values, and we protect those in need. Maybe deep down the people where fighting we're fighting need help too, maybe their the ones whom the terrors of world has hit hardest. But that doesn't matter. As you said we are a team, and I will leave you alone if you want to act that way, but I won't watch as you kill people either. I'll stop you before it comes to that, one way or another." Marvel said taking a step closer Magog, making them go face to face.

"Is that clear?" Marvel asked sharply

TAG: Magog, and others

15. RC-1215

Nov 28, 2008
    IC: Magog, the New Man of Tomorrow
    Meeting Room, Exact Location Unknown

He'd seen Marvel transform before, whether the kid knew it or not. He'd seen it over the JSA data reels, he'd seen it when he passed on from this world, and he saw it now. He wasn't as impressed this time, and some would say that as hard as Baston had tried to be intimidating, Magog would still be standing, even if Marvel had the guts to break his legs.

?If you're going to let me do what I want Captain, then I suggest you close your eyes. Because if it comes down to a fight between myself and the enemy, I'm not going to compromise my safety or the safety of my teammates because these guys are confused or fighting for a cause they don't believe in.? Magog narrowed his eyes on Baston and poked a metallic finger against the lightning bolt on his chest.

?Bad guys don't play by the rules, and I know. It happens in wars all the time. Do the men in our military hold back when they're being shot at by enemy fire? Given that they don't have superpowers like some of us, they do what they feel is right: they eliminate the enemy. That's the old red, white, and blue and has been since the Revolutionary War. You can't expect it to change,? Magog stated as he pointed his thumb towards himself.

?I don't care if you don't like where I'm coming from, but Lance Corporal David Reid does not... will not hesitate to bring the fight to its fullest.? His eyes ceased to glow as his face showed age-marks beyond his years, scars from battle, and upon reaching into his belt pouch, he pulled forth a handful of dogtags which he threw in Marvel's face.

?And if you have a problem with it, Captain Marvel, then continue preaching that we can solve this peacefully. Tell me there is always a peaceful solution. Or better yet, tell the men that fought in my platoon that. I'm sure since they aren't going anywhere they'll have the time to listen.? He scowled a moment and pushed his way past Marvel and through the group to stand in an open doorway.

?Are we clear, Captain? I think it's crystal.? He shook his head and exited the room, opting to stay by himself for awhile.

TAG: Captain Marvel, Heroes

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: J'onn J'onnz, the Martian Manhunter
    The Manhunter's Hideout, the Space Between Spaces

So already the arguments had begun. J'onn had, in truth, foreseen this problem when the vision had revealed the team's composition. Why did it have to be these particular heroes? The whims of fate, the Martian supposed, worked in mysterious ways.

[color=green]"I realize the two of you do not see eye to eye on this particular issues, but I must ask that you learn to put aside your differences and work together for the time being. We musn't let philosophy get in the way of the awesome challenges that await us."[/color]

Next, he turned to the newcomer. A quick mental scan revealed that he was [b]Hal Jordan[/b], a member of the... Green Lantern Corps...? Interesting.

[color=green]"Regarding your question, [b]Green Lantern of this sector[/b], you are in my home-of-a-sort. I apologize for any unpleasantries in your journey, but it would seem that you have accepted my invitation as well. As you can see, the various League members were just getting..."[/color] The Martian decided to try his hand at one of the nuances of Earth speak. [color=green]"Acquainted..."[/color]

[b]TAG: MIB, RC, Ofi, other League members[/b]

[b]GM Note:[/b] Once we've gotten at least a post from the other team members, we'll get the ball rolling. For now though, loving the rather... [i]spirited[/i] debate.[face_happy]

17. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: Sorry for not posting. I was traveling back home yesterday, and most of today.

IC: Dr Fate

Dr Fate felt nauseated by the transportation between dimensions. He knew all about portals, but the whole dimension shifting unsettled him.

Dr Fate looked up, and noticed five other heroes, and The Martian Manhuter in the room. He felt a probe try to enter his mind, and fall away. Fate knew that the helmet would protect his mind, so he wasn't worried. The only way J'onnz was getting in was if he pushed real hard, or he was allowed in. And Fate wasn't going to allow either yet.

Dr Fate kept himself out of the arguments. He didn't have anything to add, or need to add anything. Besides it wasn't his fight.

After J'onn settled the fighting down, Fate decided it was time to introduce himself. Dr Fate walked into the middle of the room, flashing his cape. "I am Dr Fate," He began his introduction. "I am here because I am a hero. Because I believe in Freedom, and Justice for all people. My powers you probably wouldn't understand, save you." He said turning to J'onn. "So to simplify it, I use Arcane magic that I get from my helm, and amulet. That is me simplified."

Dr Fate ended his speech their, and returned to the sides of the room to wait.

Tag: All

18. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    GM Approved

Name: Bruce Wayne

Alias: Batman

Appearance: [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/40/Batmanlee.png/250px-Batmanlee.png]

Powers/Abilities: Batman has no superpowers. Instead, he keeps himself in top physical condition, and uses a set of tools and gadgets ranging from batarangs to tracking devices to night vision goggles, etc.

Biography: Bruce Wayne was born to Martha and Thomas Wayne, the latter being an extremely wealthy philanthropist and the owner of Wayne Enterprises, a worldwide corporation founded in Bruce's hometown of Gotham City. As a young boy, Bruce watched his parents die in cold blood at the hands of a murderer, and as he grew older, dedicated himself to preventing such tragedies from befalling anyone else. Because of this reason, Bruce left Gotham City and took part in criminal activity in a small, poor country somewhere in Asia. He was intentionally captured by the local law enforcement and imprisoned, and it was there where he pushed himself to his physical and mental limits, learning various fighting styles and reaching a peak physical condition. He tested himself in brawls with the inmates, and when he felt the time was right, escaped with ease and returned to Gotham City. It was there he donned the cape and cowl, and became the crime fighting mastermind known to everyone as Batman.

19. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Green Arrow
    -Space between Spaces

The masked hero just looked side to side between the arguing superheroes and frowned. Bad start, but this was an obvious problem they were going to face. Heroes all over the world did their job differently and were not about to change a tactic if it worked for them. Magog was the "Take no prisoners" hero and Captain Marvel was eerily similar to Superman, and believed that criminals should be locked up and given the justice that the law states.

Green Arrow pulled an arrow out and stamped the paper. This was his autograph, but he did not think that Marvel was the same as the young boy, but in an ease to comfort the situation, he stepped forward and handed Marvel the paper.

"I'm glad to have a fan among strangers, friend."

Green Lantern had shown himself, but Arrow had been extremely sure that his old pal would be there. They were not a duo like he and Speedy were, but more of often, temporary partners. Hell, Arrow had started his career with Jordan.

"Martian Manhunter, I was wondering what the nature of this evil was. You have some pretty heavy hitters here and I am sure you aren't a man for overkill. Or maybe you are." He shrugged.

Tag: Martian Manhunter, Magog, Marvel

20. Fisto_Hero

Fisto_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2008
    IC: The Guardian
    The Manhunter's Hideout, the Space Between Spaces

Jim Harper had watched the argument with rising conflict within himself. On one hand, Captain Marvel had a point. Killing criminals was something that most superheroes held themselves back from. Not because of them being soft or weak, as Magog was implying, but more about self control and having inhibitions.

If superheroes just let themselves kill people without mercy, then there would not be much of a difference between them and villains except words. But Magog was also right in saying that restraint cannot be shown all the time and some villains would push those limits until there was nothing that could stop them but death and, to be honest, some had survived that too. Batman and the Joker had been going at it in Gotham since the dawn of masked heroes, Superman and Lex Luthor in Metropolis where Luthor always seemed to escape the law, Flash and Captain Cold, Green Arrow and Merlyn, the list just went on and on.

Magog's point was that sometimes you get tired of it and want it to end. It needs to end. Yet, the fight between good and evil continues to go on and what Superman and Batman had grasped was that they needed to be at the frontlines of the battle, serving the good. Jim could relate, truly.

Stepping up behind Dr. Fate, Jim saluted the Martian Manhunter and the rest of the heroes.

"My name is Jim Harper and I am the Guardian. I fight to disrupt criminal activity, whether on a global scale or a purse snatcher. If there is a great evil coming, I will do all within my power to stop it."

Tag: JL

21. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    IC
    If Steel could he would scratch the back of his head. He idolized Superman but he to felt some merit in the take no prisoners. But he would have to remember his place. He had done some good but he was nota big shot like most of those around him. Steel looked for a fight often because he was argumentative by nature.

He let out a sigh. ?Oh come on mercy? Obviously this great evil has to be stopped and permanent ends might be the way.?

Tag Any

22. Ofi-wan

Ofi-wan Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2008
    IC
    Hal stared at Martian before turning and noticing the argument. He was slightly irritated by Magog he respected Marvel greatly. He saw truth in Marven and Magog. As a member of the Lantern corps he had obligations to the group?s philosophy and of Earth. Both being not to become the one?s they fought against.

Hal ,atleast, took light in the fact that Green Arrow was there atleast someone was there that he knew. He was familiar with Marvel and Steel as well working with them on many occasions.

?Though I think that there is some merit in this argument there are things we have to focus on right now. IT is frivolous discussing tactics. If Superman were here I am sure that he would worry about the current situation rather than one?s philosophy.?
    Tag All

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Space Between Spaces

J'onnz nodded in agreement. [color=green]"I believe the Green Lantern is correct, these debates do little to further our cause. It is interesting, though, that you should mention Superman, as I have been unable to detect his presence for some time. It's almost as if he was gone entirely..."[/color] He turned to the one who called himself Green Arrow. [color=green]"As for the nature of the evil I have foreseen... I myself am mostly unsure. All I know is that somehow, if [i]we[/i] do not stop it... The entire Earth is doomed."[/color]

[hr]
    [b][i]IC: Lois Lane[/b]
    [u]Daily Planet[/u] Offices[/i]
    [hr]
    Lois glanced at her computer screen, sipping slightly at her latte. Still blank.

She let a long, low sigh. It had been two years now since she first broke the story of Superman to an unsuspecting public. That was when reports started coming in from Gotham about a mysterious "Bat-Man" who fought crime. And in that two year span, a veritable cornucopia of costumed crime fighters had in turn sprung up. Now arguably one of the biggest stories of this year, the sudden disappearance of numerous heroes across the United States, had been left to an Associated Press article. As it was, the story was already repeating on multiple news stations: CNN, Fox, Luthor, MSNBC...

The art of newspaper articles, she realized sadly, was dying. She'd clearly picked a [i]fine[/i] time frame to go into journalism.

All of these thoughts and others ran through Ms. Lane's head just before the entire building began to rumble.

[b]"Great Caesar's ghost![/b] Would you look at [b][i]that![/b][/i]" Perry White's flabbergasted exclamation rang through the office. As if on cue, the entire staff was soon looking out the window, all flabbergasted, save Jimmy Olsen, who was quick to pull out his new digital camera and start snapping photos.

"What on Earth...?"

[hr]
    [i]Moments Earlier...[/i]

[b][i]IC: Benedict Bruiser[/b]
    Outside the [u]Daily Planet[/u] Building[/i]
    [hr]
    "Why are we waiting on the Boss' orders, anyway? We've got this high tech alien gadgetry! I say we start firing!" Malone was being as impatient as ever.

Benedict let out a long, low sigh.

"Look, Malone, we just need to sit tight. The Boss says this X fellow has this all planned out, so we have to wait for the correct moment or else. Take my advice, you don't want to cross the Boss!"

"Why not? We've got this stuff! I say we use it now! Who cares what ol' man...!" Malone's tirade was interrupted by a gagging noise as a long, fleshy finger wrapped around his throat.

"[i]I[/i] care what the Boss wants," the assailant, a bald fellow in a three piece suit, replied. He unwrapped his finger from around Malone's throat, causing the latter to drop to the ground, gasping for air and clawing at his throat. "Understand?"

"... Yes..."

"Good," the assailant replied, retracting his finger to normal length. There was a beeping noise coming from his front pocket. "Speak of the devil..." He pulled out a cellphone-like device, but any member would know that it was of course [i]not[/i].

"Hello, Boss. ... Yes, everything's in place. ... No, they haven't started yet. ... Really? Oh, sir, you're much too kind. ... No, thank [i]you[/i], sir." Benedict had a pretty good idea of what the conversation had just been about. Nonetheless, he looked expectantly at his superior.

"Do it," the bald man answered the unspoken question. Benedict flashed an excited grin, and fired a high-powered plasma shot at the base of the [u]Daily Planet[/u] building.

[hr]
    [b][i]IC: J'onn J'onnz, the Martian Manhunter[/b]
    Space Between Spaces[/i]
    [hr]
    J'onn suddenly froze before continuing. [color=green]"It seems... that we may just have gotten an ideal practice opportunity..."[/color]

[b]TAG: Justice League[/b]

[b]GM Note:[/b] Fifty Ramza points to whoever can figure out why there's a TV station called "Luthor"! PM me your answer if you value useless recognitions of trivial knowledge.

24. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Green Arrow
    -Space Between Spaces

The air had suddenly changed around them with the Martian Manhunter's words, as if they had physically affect how they all felt, which they probably could. He looked around ready for an attack.

"Something's happening. Something bad is happening." Arrow's head shot back to the Manhunter. "What do you mean you haven't been able to find Superman? That means that Metropolis is completely unprotected! We have to get there and check on things and find Superman. I do not know how well you know him, but he isn't the type to just leave."

Arrow began to run, but then remembered he did not know where the exit was. Or, rather, if this place even had an exit at all.

"How do you get out of here?"

Tag: Ramza

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The Space Between Spaces

J'onn nodded in solemn agreement with Green Arrow's concern. [color=green]"Metropolis is indeed the place where it seems our attention is needed. As far as exits, I can send you there immediately, assuming of course, the rest of the team agrees."[/color] He turned to the others. [color=green]"Although I might suggest that you reach a decision in this matter [i]quickly[/i]. Whatever is going on there, the situation would appear to be dire."[/color]

[hr]
    [b][i]IC: ???[/b]
    ???[/i]
    [hr]
    The shadowed man puffed his cigar, arms folded behind his head in smug satisfaction. [color=crimson]"I've got to hand it to you... X, that alien technology is fantastic! Where'd you get it, anyway?[/color]

[color=darkred]"Like I said, that's courtesy of my partner. It seems he has a vested interest in insuring a certain degree of pandemonium. And in the ensuing chaos, we draw out the superheroes..."[/color] He crashed his left fist onto his right palm for effect. [color=darkred]"And crush them once and for all."[/color]

The laughter that echoed from the office was appropriately malevolent.

[b]TAG: Beast, Justice League[/b]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.