main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Gathering Darkness: A Justice League AU RP

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ramza, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    IC: Piecemaker

*It wasnt the fastest degeneration of order in the history of the world, but it was close.
    One second there had been three heros on the freak with the tentacles for fingers, and in the next a flash of light yielded to a distortion in the sky, from which a horde of carbon copies of the thugs they had been dealing with earlier came streaming out.

However, thanks to superhuman parallel processing, Piecemaker found his own way of doing things yet again.
    In the course of his fingers being frozen then his arm being removed, the squid-like bad guys legs had moved in such a way that it presented a new target.

His leg, more specifically his upper thigh. Perfectly placed between the hostages' leg. While it wasnt the almighty groin shot (Piecemaker valued psychological damage as much as physical), it would serve him well. He merely adjusted his aim and pulled the trigger.

The gaping crimson hole was accompanied by a bloodcurdling scream and a heavy fall. Unsurprising really. A piece of metal thats half an inch across traveling at 1,060 feet per second and mushrooming out to cause more damage upon impact will cause an incredible amount of pain and destruction to a body.

Piecemaker sprinted forward and snatched the hostage that the metahuman had taken previously. He had thrown her over his shoulder and was about to beat a retreat down a side alley when he stopped, turned and grinned. Since the pistol was still in his hand, it was a simple matter to merely shoot the villain in the knee on his other leg.*

"Don't go anywhere squid-boy. Once we're through dealing with your friends, you and I are going to have a little chat."

*Urged on by a combination of flying bolts of plasma and the womans screams to "Get the hell out of here.", he sprinted as fast as he could down a side street, through an alley and around a T junction into it, then onto another side street.
    As luck would have it, some hotshot in a sports car was speeding up that particular avenue, obviously on a cellular phone and unaware of what was going on nearby.

A bullet through his windshield that buried itself into his fine leather passenger seat brought his thoughts to the present*

"What the hell!? Who are you!? What do you want?!"

*Piecemaker, with his metal hood that was a vague recreation of a deaths-head still up walked over to the passenger side and pointed one of his pistols at the window*

"Unlock your door, now."

*No yelling, but the words carried a certain weight that spoke volumes, chiefly that if his instructions were not followed, the term "hell to pay" would not suffice for the retribution that this strange person would do.

The hotshot indeed unlocked his car, and Piecemaker sat Lois in the passengers seat, a little less than gracefully but not violently, and buckled her in. He then looked up at the driver, who still had the gall to look incredulous, despite the mounting evidence that it was not a look to adopt currently.*

"Take her to the nearest hospital. Speed if you have to but get her there ASAP."

"What?! Ill be late for a meeting! Why should I do tha...*click*"

*A large caliber pistol pointed at a jerk will shut them up rather quickly, case in point with this particular individual*

"Because if you don't, I will blow your damn head off. And believe me, ill know if you merely drive around the corner and dump her out the door.
    Hospital. Now."

*Piecemaker was pleased when the man suddenly became a Good Samaritan, peeling away in a small white cloud of tire vs asphalt residual smoke. You had to know when to press and how hard...

No time for contemplation though, the horde that had spewed into this reality was in need of a beat down, and any hands on deck would help.
    As he ran back, Piecemaker still could not continue his train of thought as it pertained to Metropolis' own guardian.*

I can't believe I'm thinking this, but where is the big blue boy sc

2. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: OK, Sorry everyone for not being here as often as I would have liked. I still don't have a working computer. I am trying my best to make due with a laptop but it doesn't work as well as I would like. I will try to keep up, but I will still won't be able to write as much.

IC: Dr Fate

Dr Fate heard, and felt the shock wave from the blast. The shock wave pushed him, smacking him into the ground. The impact sent him bouncing back into the air. Before he could hit a second time Dr Fate took off into flight. Fate rolled away from machine gun fire, and behind a parked bus.

Fate pulled his head up to look through the window at the thugs that were rushing out of the hole, and being met by the rest of the league. Fate couldn't believe how many thugs were there. Where did they all come from. He thought to himself. He had never seen so many armed thugs in one place before. Except for the few times he had been in a area while a war was going on, he had never seen so many people bent on killing someone.

Dr Fate pulled himself away from his thoughts, and prepared to join the battle.

TAG: no one.

OOC: This is all that I can post for now. I will try to get something up tomorrow.

3. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Dr Fate

Dr Fate launched off into the air, taking flight. Fate rolled through the air to face the man with the machine gun. Dr Fate called upon the power of the mask, and amulet and shot a blast of energy from his hands hitting the thug in the chest, and sending him flying into another thug.

Fate dived into a group of three thugs, knocking them to the ground, and knocking them out. Fate landed on the ground, and began shooting energy into the crowed of thugs. Every thug he knocked down, another came to replace him. It was endless.

TAG: The whole League.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Notice - Update coming Friday night, so get your posts up soon or expect the usual harassing PM/IM. Thanks to those still participating for all their patience, I've been fairly busy lately.

5. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Captain Marvel
    Metropolis

?A thousand soldiers from Intergang eh?? Marvel cried loudly as he flew high into the air over Metropolis, until he went higher than a commercial jet could hope to go. For him, they didn?t look like ants from up here. Ants worked together and built something. They looked like termites eating away a great oak tree.

?I?ll have to see if I can lower that number a bit? Marvel muttered, flying down a faster than a bullet. As he pushed down hard, hurdling towards the earth, picking up speed as he went, his body hummed and hissed. Marvel turned to see him self lighting on fire, like a meteor caught in Earth?s gradational pull. But he knew where he was going. Civilians had already emptied out one side of town, while intergang piled in.
    He only hoped this wouldn?t hurt.

As Marvel flung himself into the ground, a great shockwave, like that of a bomb was formed hurling the giant mass of Intergang thugs every witch way. As Marvel got himself up, and dusted himself off he winced. 250 of them where gone, all alive but in awkward positions. A few hung on Street lamps, others now lay unconscious on Skyscrappers.

?Ouch? Marvel said softly

TAG: LA, Ramza

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Notice - As promised, here's the update. Unlike as promised, there won't be any PMs. Instead, if you haven't been active for a sufficient period of time, I'm afraid I will be opening up your slot for other players. RL is RL, but no posts in two weeks is just dragging the game down.

I'm also going to give the plot a bit of a kick start.

IC: J'onn J'onnz, the Martian Manhunter
    Metropolis

Little did our heroes know that a mere half-mile overhead stood a very familiar figure. "Stood" being an arbitrary turn of phrase, in this instance, a more correct assessment would have been floating. Watching.

[i][color=green]Their performance has been exceptional...[/i][/color] the Manhunter thought, as he watched the heroes successfully incarcerate what must have been a thousand well-armed enemies. [i][color=green]I think they're ready to assume the duties I shall be leaving them with...[/color][/i] With this thought, he vanished as suddenly as he had appeared.

[hr]
    [b]IC: The GM[/b]
    There had been a great many enemies, almost too many, but somehow, the new "Justice League" had emerged successful. Now all that was left to do was to find out where they all had come from. Fortunately, they had a great many potential sources to chose from.

[b]TAG: Justice League[/b]

[b]GM Note 2[/b] - Short, yes, but there'll be another update once someone is being interrogated.

7. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009
    IC: The Piecemaker

*It was turning out to be a day of mounting strangeness, confusion, and frustration. One minute he had been wading through hordes of poorly trained and bad fighting mercenaries, and in a flash they all dissapeared.

Fed up with the shadow play, the mind games, and the toying, Piecemaker was determined to get answers, starting with ascertaining as to whom had hired the thugs they were just fighting.

It was a short walk to where the long-fingered and flashy dressed ringleader was. He hadn't crawled very far after being shot twice. Having metal lodged in both legs at different point tends to cut down on ones mobility after all. Not breaking stride or momentum once, Piecemaker grabbed Noose by both the yoke of his shirt and suit and his tie, dragging him along the ground to an alleyway.
    He was fortunate that the police were busy arresting the multitudes of other thugs that werent offed or down and out, because it would have been much harder to get this miscreant away from the police, given what was in store for him.

The choking sounds coming from the long-fingered were starting to diminish when he was flung forcefully into a gaggle of trash cans, scattering debris in a small little crater of chaos. If the punk had wanted to rub his throat then it was unfortunate that he never got the chance. As Piecemaker stood on both his wounded knee and his wrist, Noose's blinding pain distracted from what Piecemaker was also doing, namely screwing a noise suppressor on one of his pistols.

Though the shots were suppressed, the pain was identical to the unsuppressed shots Noose had suffered. After firing at both his thumb and middle finger on the arm that was pinned by the wrist, he might have felt a bit of relief, which was quickly taken away when the shock gun came out and the probe tunneled into his chest, followed by a seizure-inducing jolt of electricity.

Only then did Picemaker talk, dis-engaging the metal cowling so that Noose could see the sneer, hear the voice, and though his eyes were hidden by the lenses in the strapless mask, the furrows from a hard look could be seen.*

"You broke my rules squid-boy. You tried to make a getaway with the girl. Now she's alive and you are most assuredly going to die.
    However, your stupidity has rendered you eligible for yet another one of my fun little games. I ask you questions that I want answers to. Clam up, try to fool me, or outright lie, and I continue to hurt you at the same level or worse than what ive just done. Answer them all sufficiently, and Ill kill you, but with no pain, quick and easy.

Now before you get it into that stupid head of yours that you'll die by my extraction methods, or ill give up, you have to know one thing."

*Piecemaker straddled Noose then grabbed him at his jacket lapels, using the gathered material to haul him up violently to the point that their faces were slightly less than six inches apart*

"You won't die. Ill take you to the limit, then ill hand you over to the best damn doctor that will take you, make sure that you have the best of health. Then ill come back and do it all over again, and again, and again, until you talk. Until you do, your lifetime will be nothing but pain and anguish and recovery. I do not care how long it takes, you will talk or you will suffer for it!"

*Piecemaker violently shoved Noose down onto the pavement, bouncing his head on the concrete, then stepped over and out of straddling Noose. As soon as his foot was down, he wound up with the other and snapped a violent kick into Nooses' side. With one of his hands occupied by the Shock Gun, he pulled the silenced pistol out again, pointing it at Nooses' other knee.*

"Whats it going to be Squid-Boy?"

Tag
    : GM, JL members (noise or fleeting glance only please!)

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Noose
    Metropolis

Blood was streaming down his face. Someone was talking. What was he saying? Something about talking?

Pain. Too much pain.

Noose somehow managed to turn his head towards the hero. Or was he?

Pain. Too much pain.

"Talk. I... I talk..."

Couldn't focus. Pain.

Too much pain.

[b]TAG: Rally, JL[/b]

9. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009
    OOC: You know, I meant to ask a question in there somewhere lol.

[b]IC[/b]: The Piecemaker
    [b]Location[/b]: Metropolis

[color=crimson]"Talk. I... I talk..."[/color]

[i]*Piecemaker smirked on the inside. This kind of trash was the same no matter where one went. Cowardly and easily breakable. Still, now it was time for the punk to talk, and it most likely would be a lot smoother if he wasn't thinking about blinding pain.
    With that in mind, he elected not to put any pressure on any of the wounds, although the pistol was still pointed and the probe for the shock gun still ready to transfer a hefty jolt*[/i]

"Good squid-boy, that's right. You talk. Now, who hired you and what did they hire you to do? I want a name, and descriptions of what they looked like and down to the finite details of what you were hired to do. Now start talking."
    [i]
    *The last phrase was delivered with the telltale click of the hammer on the pistol being pulled back and readied to fire. It usually helped when the mind had something to focus on, to bring the urgency of the situation to bear*[/i]

[b]Tag:[/b] Noose (GM) Manhunter (GM, only if he feels like stopping whats coming), JL

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Notice - Rally, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, telling the other JL members that they can only observe, especially while you're in the process of doing what some of the team would consider morally reprehensible, is a no-no. If they feel the need to intervene, they will.

As such, I'll be holding off on replying in the interest of fairness to the team.

11. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009
    OOC: Duly noted and changed Ram.

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Final Notice -

As you may have guessed from the header of this post, Gathering Darkness is coming to what ultimately was merely delayed a few weeks ago: An early end.

To those of you who were still posting up until this point, especially Rally, who probably would give an arm to see me not make this post, I thank you for your participation. I hope you learned something from this game, I know I learned quite a bit, despite the time span.

For those of you who stopped posting: I realize DRL creates problems for everyone, and I don't blame you. I look forward to future RPing pursuits with you.

And finally, I know some of you might be wondering about the plotline. Seeing as there's no love lost if I spoil it now, here you go:

???? was Boss Maxie of Intergang fame all along. He was in cahoots with X, who was, in reality, Lex Luthor, who was also allied with none other than Darkseid. Hence the boomtubes and Apokoliptan technology.

Superman had been banished to the Phantom Zone by the Red Son Superman of the miniseries of the same name, brought to our Earth by Luthor's forays into Apokoliptan tech.

Meanwhile, Batman was up against the combined forces of Joker and Riddler, who had in turn captured Harvey Dent and in the resulting battle Two-Face would have been born.

The final foe would have been, appropriately, Imperiex, who would have slain the Martian Manhunter and several other allies during the final battle.

Other plot aspects were still being developed, but oh well.

Until next time, true believers!

~Ramza

P.S. Yeah, I know that's a Marvel Comics thing. Sue me.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.