main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

London Gatherings for The Force Awakens?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by dasweallycool, Nov 11, 2014.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 8

Oct 3, 2003
    It's an improvement on the Prequels for sure, although I think it could have spent less time copying what went before

2. Big Mac

Big Mac Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2015
    I tried for a BFI IMAX showing at 1am on Sunday morning, but couldn't get tickets.

I ended up seeing the movie at the Wimbledon Odeon in 3D at 10.15pm on a Saturday evening (and coming home on the N87 night bus).

There were barely 10 of us in the cinema. I think they might cut down the number of local screens showing The Force Awakens at night.

I might go again, with someone else or a group of people, just to have people to talk to afterwards.

Interestingly, they are showing Star Wars at the Science Museum! That might be fun for someone making a trip into London. Go visit the Science Museum and then see Star Wars afterwards.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    I'll probably go again after the holidays. Just a note that if you get Sky Movies they are showing all 6 films, Clone Wars, and some specials on channel 304. I believe it goes until at least January.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks to a friend getting me a ticket, I watched it with a group - friends and family - at 20:30, Empire Leicester Square IMAX 3D, 18th December.

Definitely be seeing it in the New Year, but I never reserve tickets, so be interesting to see how easy it will be to see.

5. Carrie1138

Carrie1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2014

I just saw it at the Science Museum - apparently it's the only screen in Europe showing true 70mm IMAX in 2D. It was stunning! I'd highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going again.