main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Gator Boys Trip anyone?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by hothie, Jan 29, 2012.

1. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    So Dajuan and I have gotten hooked on the Animal Planet show "The Gator Boys." We've been tossing around the idea of trying to make a road trip to go see their park. (Everglades Holiday park). It's roughly a 3-hour drive from Orlando, though, which would essentially make it a day trip. We would likely head down there maybe the Monday or Tuesday before the con. We've talked about trying to make a Kennedy trip as well, so if we are able to do this, we would likely do Kennedy on Monday, then drive down the coast and maybe see the Park. We'd probably stay the night down there, then head back on Tuesday.

Again, plans are very subject to change at this point, but if we do this, is anyone else interested in going?

Another option might be to try and catch a quick flight there and back and do it in one day.

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I've never heard of that show before. :p I'd love to visit the Everglades if schedules permit, though.

3. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    You can find videos of it on animalplanet.com or something.

These guys capture gators bare-handed. On one episode, Paul jumps into a swimming pool with a gator, gets underneath him, picks him up, and carried him out of the pool. Now that's good tv!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

5. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i went to the everglades in 2010, visiting the national park, and went on a pretty cool ranger-led hike of several of the different habitat areas. and saw alligators and crocodiles.

back to the topic of tying onto Celebration - i would be interested in going to Kennedy Space Center...

6. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    The NASA booth at Celebration V was just about the only place in the convention hall I could find a writing pen for free or for purchase, and someone working it told me of a rocket that would be launching from Kennedy Space Center that Saturday morning. I was in the line waiting for George Lucas' interview that morning, but that would have been a cool departure during the convention.

7. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Apparently you didn't stop by the JC/FF booth. Make sure to find us at C6, because we will have free pens again.

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Sorry. I must've taken my 50 pens before you got there. :p

9. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    I love both the Space Center and the Everglades. However, if you go to the Everglades, make sure to bring plenty of bug spray along. They have it for purchase at the park, but at a much higher price (about 2 times the cost per can). Bugs are especially bad in the summer, though some days are worse than others. Despite all the bugs, I've never had a bad time there and the park is beautiful. (I've never been to that entrance, though, as the one in Everglades City is closer to my home.)