Gators win two National Championships and my Icon vanishes?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by JediKnightOB1, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Last Monday the Florida Gators spanked the Ohio State Buckeyes. I had my new Gator icon and now it's gone. One would think that when you win a national title you would be able to display that title for the year.

Who's with me?

Go Gators!!!

Since your question has been answered, and you've been redirected to the relevant place for more discussion, I'm locking this one up.
  2. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    I'm surprised it remained available for so long. Generally, sports icons are taken down soon after their relevant tournaments end.
  3. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Don't know why an exception should be made in this case, it's been the standard in all other instances, that the winning team's icon is only kept for a week after the championship win.
  4. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    It's only because the icon admin forgot :p They're only supposed to remain up for 3 days after the championship is decided.
  5. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Seriously, I any team wins a "National Title" it would be cool if that Icon could remain up for the year, until they are no longer the champions.

Who agrees with me?
  6. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    You want to argue, take it to Comms. But this ground has been trodden a few times before.
  7. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    ain't going to happen.
  8. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    We were lucky to get sports icons to begin with, I'm not going to push it when it comes to the length of time that they are allowed to be up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.