Senate Gauging technological superiority in individuals

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by beezel26, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    I was interested in this from a thread about phones. Some were slaves to the newest phones and technology and some were old fashion as we might call it. Even though this changes over time if we were to come up with a scale of technology adherence or possibly technological superiority what might the scale currently be. For example using a scale of 0 to 100 what might it include. Telephones, computers, vehicles, home entertainment, internet savy with each worth at least 20 points. How would you gauge an individual. Would you say having the newest phone every two years or less qualify as a 20 and still using an old rotary phone as 0. With a basic land line as a 1.
  2. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
  3. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    I would make an inverse scale, where more advanced methods get lower scores, like golf. So for instance:

Credit card theft by hacking= 10
    Credit card theft by pretending you will one day perhaps date your "room mate"= 14,000
  4. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I envy you.
    Debo and DarthIntegral like this.
  5. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That would clearly depend on whether the scale was linear or logarithmic.
  6. Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost

star 4
    How is this a Senate thread? Or am I obtuse for asking that?
  7. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
  8. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Thank you. It's not the pinot noir that is leaving me going WTF?

Some people like the newest technology, some people don't give a ****, but I'm not sure where the "superiority" factor comes in.
  9. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Beezel, is there a process whereby an idea is formed in your head, refined by constant thought and then articulated as a post?

There is? Good. Can you start following it. I didn't like it when James Joyce wrote down whatever came into his head and I don't like it when you do either.
    jp-30 likes this.
  10. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    [IMG]
  11. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Oh good it's not the headache that's leaving me wondering why this is a Senate thread.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Apr 25, 2013
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Locking this now since I don't see what concept you're going for to be a Senate-tagged thread. If you've got a concept you'd like help developing, PM SuperWatto or I. If you'd like it retagged to JCC, any mod can do that.

For everyone else, a reminder that while its a senate-tagged thread, senate-rules still apply. If the tagging seems off, PM a mod, it doesn't just become a free for all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.