1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive ~ Gaurdians of the Force: The Tainted Blade ~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kai_Halicon, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sedrynvagor Force Ghost

star 1
    Sedryn trusted the force on flying them to their destination, he could feel Kia's condition througth the force, but the dark side was cloudng alot of things and the power was growing somehow. He wouldn't be able to pin point the exact postion of Kia, so he was flying into the General area.

Sedryn felt every once in a while, his hands turn at the stick ajusting his course, by means of the force.

He opened his eyes to see natural forests of beauty
    and the force glow in its redience, he closed his eyes once again and concentrated on navagating to Kia.
  2. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: (Camden) As Camden, now under the thrall of the Blade made his way into the main hanger and towards where he could exit the ship, he felt a curious blank spot in the Force, like where a person should be, there was nothing.

Then, he remembered what Kai had mentioned about one of their crew, Jarrod. That he was strangely absent in the Force, as an artificial being created by science, he had no connection. Howerver, his lack of detection could count against him as he stood out like a black hole in the full splendor of the Force that Camden now saw through.

"Jarrod.... I know you're here......and I know you want a fight. I'm happy to give you one......"

Tag: KnightHawk.

(Kai) Kai eyed the young man before him. He indeed seemed familiar.

"Wait.... I recognise you from my visits to the Jedi Academy.....you were a student there."

There was a slight pause as the Jedi wiped blood off his arms. He didn't want to let it slip to Kaylen that he'd just had a tussle with four wild vornskyrs and was in less than peak condition.

"You've left the Jedi philosphy behind perhaps...?"

Tag: ReallyBoringGuy.

3. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC:

Jarrod reeled back slightly. How could that kid know where he was? He was 100% dead to the Force, and never existed in it to begin with. His curiosity led to his anger. "Come on, kid! Fight it!" He then remembered what he had heard from Serin's wild announcement a few moments ago. "In case you haven't heard, Camden, Kai is still alive." Jarrod switched the sword over to just his right hand, but kept it up in a defensive stance. He hoped that his words would get through to the young child before anything harsh had to be done.

TAG: Kai
  4. ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Master

star 4
    Kaylen's eyes glinted in amusement. "True, I was at the Jedi Academy for a while, and I at least learned enough manners to introduce myself. As to leaving the 'Jedi philosohy', what makes you think that ancient thing even makes any sense? If someone were beating on someone weaker than them for no good reason, the Jedi idea is to beat on him, all in the name of peace and justice. Isn't that rather hypocritical? Often Jedi will leap into such a situation without bothering to comprehend it. You can't even justify it as self-defense, because the Jedi in question wasn't attacked." Kaylen held up a hand to forestall an assumed arguement. "I'm not avocating anarchy, I just think that the Jedi should take a closer examination of their beliefs, before they begin to force them on others. You see, I never left the Jedi philosophy. If anything, you could say that I'm seeking it."

OOC: I really like debating Jedi philosophy, just bear with me...
  5. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: That's cool, nothing beats a heated debate. Btw, Kai actually introduced himself a few posts back when he and Kaylen first met....

IC: Kai furrowed his brow and holstered his saber. Kaylen wasn't looking for a fight, merely vindication for his beliefs. Kai began to pace around him, folding his arms behind has back. Jedi Philosophy and behaviour was something he'd pondered on for a long time.

"Firstly, I've told you my name - right about when I jumped into to avoid you questioning my droid. Whether you chose to address me as Master Halicon or Kai is up to you, though I figure the latter will do."

"Secondly, I can relate to what you speak of: does the philosophy that the Jedi are governed by make sense? Who are we to reprimand those weaker than ourselves or even those who prey on the weak?"

Kai kept pacing around, his boots leaving footprints in the snow.

"You speak of hypocrisy, Kaylen. However, you must be aware of the fact that hypocrisy is not embraced by everyone. Whilst it is true that some Jedi have become corupted by the power they possess, you must take into account those who do not. What you're doing is holding a few accountable for the many."

"Who gives us the right to wield such power? Who knows for sure? But what I do know, is that those with integrity will chose to use that power not for themselves, but for others. Whilst is forseeable that conflict will often occur and is unavoidable, a Jedi uses the force for two things: knowledge and defense. Never for attack. Those who do are unfortunately those who have chosen to ignore the Jedi mandate; which is to be the peacekeepers of the galaxy."

"In regards to the Jedi forcing their beliefs on others - everyone has a choice in what they believe. Just because I was raised to be a Jedi didn't mean I was going to become one. In fact, I left the order when I was around your age and completely disassociated myself from the Jedi - living in a wilderness not to dissimilar to this. In that time, I learned that the Force is all around us, influencing everything do, everything we see and feel. How we chose to interpret those feelings is what defines us."

"What I'm trying to summarise, is that the Jedi are by no means any higher or lower than any other form of life or belief. We're just as prone to shortcomings as the next man is. What defines us as unique is the fact that we chose to try and look beyond what we can percieve with out given senses and see how everything is bound together by a power greater than us. The Force gives us the ability to give aide to those parts of the bigger picture that can't cope by themselves."

Kai stopped in front of Kaylen and looked at the younger man, whom he was about equal height with.

"Kaylen - you're touched by the Force. What you chose to believe and make of that gift is up to you. All I am trying to tell you is that you're entitled to your own beliefs. Even the Sith are allowed to feel the way they do - we may not agree with it, and it may cause conflict, but we can't change the way they think. It merely means our paths cross in a conflicting fashion. I chose to be a Jedi because I believe the Sith are a threat not to the Jedi, but to those who are untouched by the Force and as such, they must be restrained or even abolished if required. We make our own decisions - I chose to return to the Jedi because I felt that I could accomplish more."

"What you need to ask yourself, is that if the Jedi supposedly use their powers to govern those weaker, then why do you allow yourself to tap into the Force? If you were truly disgusted by our beliefs, one would assume all ties to the Force would be cut, but it's not that simple. You define the Force, not the other way around. In the end, we can only do what we think is right."

Tag: ReallyBoringGuy.

OOC: Hope that wasn't too much of a rant.
  6. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC: (Walks up to Kai, a box in his hands.)

(Bows down.) Here, sire. Your "Rant-and-rave" crown.
  7. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: [awards_speech] Thank you, so much for this honor, I am happy accept the mantle of being the most Raving and Ranting player in this game and feel the need to alter my signature as such. [/awards_speech]

IC: (Camden) The news of Kai's suriving the crash washed over Camden like a flood but the Blade's hold over him remained steadfast.

"It is of little importance. Truth be known, we mourned the loss of Halicon, for a great vessel for our power he would of been, but the boy we inhabit now shall suffice. Now step out of our way, Jarrod."

With that, Camden's hand's began to glow with lightning fury......

Tag: 'Hawk.
  8. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC:

"You selfish bastard!" Jarrod yelled, his rage against the Dark Side surging forward. He held the sword up like a defense mechanism, the charge in it standing at a strong 200 volts of pure power. "Pick on someone your own size!" He thought for a second, anger still growing. All of a sudden, his condition reminded him of a special plan. "You want a vessel!? TAKE ME!! Leave the boy alone!"

9. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Eyes still ablaze, Camden eyed Jarrod with searing disdain.

"You? Your non-Force sensitive form would be torn asunder by our power. But fret not, we have plans for you Jarrod. Your time will come, but for now, begone!"

With that, Camden released a potent wave of telekinetic energy that threw Jarrod across the room...

Tag: 'Hawk.
  10. A-WingsRule Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC:"I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur."

I've not been around lately, and it seems like theres lots happening...for now let's assume Denin's nice and safe aboard the Quest recovering from his near-death experience.

And sorry for my lack in posts. My life is catching up with me. :(
  11. ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: You're right about the name. Oops... But I did enjoy your entire "rant".

IC: Kaylen looked Kai straight in the eye once the other man was through with his speech. "You make a good arguement, but I think you misunderstand me. I don't think it's wrong to govern the weak, I just think it's odd that some Jedi will do just that while claiming that they are serving. The strong governing the weak, along with banding together against an outside influence, seem to be the basis of civilization. Force-users are strong, and the Force can give us guidance. We shouldn't 'serve' anyone." Kaylen clasped his hands behind his back, and looked upwards. "I've thought long and hard about this, too. Jedi should rule. Not like the Emperor did, mind you. When everyone is entitled to believe anything that they wish to, small groups always band together against the rest of the universe. This causes divisiveness. Divisiveness causes fragmentation, a loss of unity, and, generally, violence." Kaylen looked back at Kai. "Do you really think the Vong would have been nearly as much of a threat if the galaxy were united? Even the Republic shattered into pieces as hidden fractures showed themselves. The Jedi Order should determine the course of the galaxy, not enforce the edicts of an undifferentiated body elected by random beings. Such a government can never last. Only in unity can the galaxy possibly defend itself, both from within and without. The Jedi are the best choice for this." Kaylen's green eyes peered up from his unimpressive height beneath his wild blonde hair, seeking the other's response to this.

OOC: I can rant on, too.
  12. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    Kai exhaled, his breath turning to mist. He sat down on a fallen tree and K4 rolled to his side.

"Kaylen. I understant the point you're trying to make. But if you give the Jedi the power to govern all others, you give them temptation. Master Skywalker once told me that he feared being given too much control of the Jedi and at one point, feared forming the Academy. He was terrified that his students might start thinking the way you're starting to."

"You say we shouldn't rule as Palapatine did. But what's to stop us from becoming as he did? Our moral code? Yes, whilst many may adhere to that school of thought - of the Jedi being the defenders of peace and justice, power will corrupt some. And absolute power corrupts absolutely. Just remember that. The Vong was merely an example of a faction that the relatively unstable government of the NR was unprepared for - despite having time to unify, the galaxy was still and possibly is still recovering from almost twenty years of Imperial rule."

"Whilst the Jedi may or may not be the best canditates for the job of running the galaxy, it was never in their intentions to be rulers. They chose the path of servitude, a life of humility and helping others. For in providing guidance, not control, does the Jedi's true purpose lie. We're the gaurdians of the Force, of civility and peace."

Kai stood up and stretched.

"Whilst it's been eye-opening to get such a perspective, I fear it's time I kept moving. I have a place to be and hopefully people will be collecting me shortly. It appears that our paths run in separate directions, Kaylen. But the Force has a plan for each of us."

Kai put a hand on the younger man's shoulder.

"May the Force be with you. In the end, it will give you the answers you seek."

With that, Kai began to start walking, K4 rolling behind him, but Kaylen's words floated in his head for a while as trudged through snow. They weren't right or wrong, just based on his own thoughts and feelings. It was not Kai's place to force his own beliefs on him, but he could not help but feel their differenc of opinion might up up putting them on opposite sides of the battlefield.....

13. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC:

...Only for Jarrod to land on his feet. "I do NOT die easily, wretched fool! Leave the boy out of this, or I will kill him to get rid of you!" Jarrod charged the sword again, bringing the net charge to 400 volts, and then lunged at Camden, his sword lowered to run the boy through. He could only hope that it wouldn't come to that.

OOC: RBG, keep up ranting, and I'll have to award a second crown. :)
  14. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: (Camden) It was only as Jarrod raised his sword, the air alive with electricity, that the real Camden managed to assert control for a moment, his eyes fading back to normal colour as he fell to the floor, looking awakward clad only his pants and robe.

"...Jarrod....? Please.....kill me....! It's the only.....way.....better than letting the ...... Blade....have me...!"

But it was only a momentary lapse and the red hue flashed again and the boy returned to his floating state, his dark power replenished.

"There will be no battle today, Jarrod. Soon, your time shall come. But for now, we depart!"

Then, a black shroud slipped over Caden, glinting hints of luminous prurple as the boy seemed to turn transparent. Floating forwards, he passed through the hull of the Quest, leaving Jarrod alone....

16. Mirax-Terrik Jedi Knight

star 2
    sry, i've been offline for almsot a week, can someone catch me up please??
  17. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    UPDATE: Kai survived the crash and has been traipsing through the snowy mountain of Cargul, where he ran into Kaylen, a recent leaver of the Jedi Academy who has seemingly joined the Sith.

Serin is leading the search party for Kai, whilst Camden has been taking over by the Blade again and has just been intercepted by Jarrod....

18. Mirax-Terrik Jedi Knight

star 2
    well if no one minds i guess i'll join Serin's search party.
  19. Mistryl Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Kes Seone and Kelvin Delsen

Kes landed the ship and glanced back at Kelv as she powered down.

"Begin packing, we take only what we need for the hunt."

"Yes Ma'am," he said as he began to take out weapons and handed her hers as they stepped out and she locked up the ship.

Tag: anyone
  20. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC: Kai, if you consider this post to be God-Moding, then I'll just ask that everyone disregard it, but I have a creative solution to Camden going through the ship.

IC:

Little brat thinks I'm beaten, doesn't he? I'll show the Dark Side who's boss! Jarrod smacked the floor of the hangar with his sword, discharging the 400 volts in the blade, and sat down to meditate.

The scientists had not completely deleted the Force-sensitive DNA from his body, as everyone thought, but they had made it very weak, so as to hide the Force from his grasp. The intent was to make a being that couldn't be seen in the Force, but enough remained that he became a void, sensed in the Force as emptiness. Therefore, he could be seen in it, but as a blank spot. With enough meditation, he could increase the power inside that part of his genetics, thereby registering in the Force as something. He did so, and entered the splendor that his friends were already in. It felt... relaxing. Immediately, he holstered his sword and ran into his ship, the engines screaming as he pulled out of the Gallant Quest's docking bay.

TAG: All

OOC: Again, if that is seen by Kai as God-Moding, I'll have to ask everyone to disregard it, and I'll think of a different reply.
  21. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    Nah, that's fine 'Hawk.

On the subject of God-moding, I don't have any problems with it in reasonable doses where is it applicable for literary continuity.

22. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC: So you're considering it literary continuity that I've just taken a genetic experiment and 'given' him the Force? I expected someone to contest that ruling.
  23. ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: I tried making this post yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared... I'll just make another stab at it.

IC as Kaylen: Kaylen watched the Jedi leave. He probably could have taken the Jedi if they'd fought, but that would have made any companions intractable opponents. Perhaps, if they'd met as allies, Kaylen could have liked the other Jedi. As it stood, he would not like to have to kill Kai, but he would if the Jedi got in his way. "...May the Force be with you, too!" Kaylen yelled after Kai, even if a bit belatedly.

Kaylen took a moment to ponder his situation. So far, he'd disobeyed Mephet'ran's order to stay out of sight, revealed his presence to the Jedi team, and not gotten anything to show for it. He shrugged. Such was the way these things happened. It didn't matter much, he would still get the Blade, whatever he eventually chose to do with it. Well, no reason to stick around here. Kaylen turned and began walking towards civilization.
  24. KissSpooky Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC: KnightHawk, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility to have Jarrod get use of the Force...maybe it was a dorment gene waiting to activate, or something like that...
    That said, I don't think he'd all of a sudden become all powerful, or even necessarily up to the skills of your average trained force user :)

[/b]IC[/b]: Serin sat in a near trancelike state, feeling Kai like a beacon in the Force. Suddenly, it was there!

Without opening her eyes, Serin pointed in the direction she felt, "Head east, Sedryn, we're close." As they neared, Serin finally opened her eyes and stood. Leaning in close to Sedryn to look out the viewport, she surveyed the terrain. "We should put down in that clearing...the forest gets a bit too dense farther up. We're not far now, anyway."

"Set the ship down. I'm going back to grab the med pack." Serin said as she moved to the door aft, offering Sedryn a little nod.

Making hey way to the back of the ship, Serin told everyone she came into contact with that they were about to land, and she was heading out to meet up with Kai. Grabbing the portable med pack, she made for the exit hatch as she felt the shio touch down.

We're here, Kai.

OOC: I'm not sure where everyone else is in regards to the rest of the ship, so I didn't name names, except Sedryn seeing he was flying.
  25. sedrynvagor Force Ghost

star 1
    Sedryn hear Serin say "Set the ship down. I'm going back to grab the med pack.".

Sedryn found a nice clearing and set the ship down in one smooth motion.

He grabed his back pack and made sure he had everything with him, he saw Serin leave the ship as soon as he had put it down.
    Ge ran full pace just to catch up with her and then said.

"Serin dont go running off on your own i dont wnt you to be come a causality as well " . Sedryn flashed an usual smile and droped in beside her at a quick march.

The planet was alive with the force and Sedryn's sences were now on full alert. He felt Kia close by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.