main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~ Gaurdians of the Force: The Tainted Blade ~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kai_Halicon, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    OOC: Great! Thanks! Here he is:

Name: Kaylen
    Race: human
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Height: 142 cm. (4 ft 8 in.)
    Weight: 45 kg. (100 lbs)
    Physical Appearance/Features: unruly mop of blond hair, wide green eyes
    Clothing: Loose-fitting clothing
    Personality: arrogant and sadistic

Force User: Yes

Affiliation: (Jedi/Sith/Dark Jedi/Neutral) Dark Jedi
    Lightsaber colour: red
    Lightsaber design: double
    Force strength: illusion
    Force weaknesses: energy absorbtion/force lightning

Vehicles: TIE Defender

Bio: On the surface, Kaylen was a typical Jedi: he was taken at a young age by the Jedi Order, trained from youth in the ways of the Force. However, secretly Kaylen studied the Sith in whatever methods he could manage, learning much, but still unable to unleash the lightning of the Dark Side that is their trademark. Once he felt that other Jedi were coming too close to discovering his secret leanings, he left the Jedi Order. He seeks the Tainted Blade to further increase his powers, and to help himself learn the rest of the Force powers he desires.

2. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: For reasons of continuity with characters that I've previously interacted with from other games, I'm going to alter my character's age from 24 to 26 to tie in with years having elapsed. It probably won't make much difference to most, but I'm kinda particular about the smaller details.

Right, here we go - I'm going to get things underway now....

Coruscant:

Staring out the plexiglass window into the Coruscant landspace, a vast plethora of atmospheric traffic and high-rise structures, the aqua blue eyes of Luke Skywalker seemed to be focused, but his gaze was not set on the view outside. Instead, the Jedi Master, garbed in his standard black Jedi robes appeared to be lost in a state of deep thought given the blank visage on his face. He remained that way, unblinking and almost in a trance until the door that lead to the Council chambers here at the refurbished Jedi Temple slid open and a familiar form entered the room.

Skywalker recognised the mechanical waddle of his protocol droid from the sound of the servomotors in the golden robot's legs long before he saw the droid or even felt him in the Force. C-3PO halted at the Jedi Master's side and stood up at attention. He spoke in his unusually-haughty-for-a-droid voice.

"Excuse me, Master Luke. I took the liberty of coming to you personally to let you know that the Jedi you wished to recall have been contacted and we hope for their arrival within the next eight standard hours."

Luke nodded in response.

"Thank you, Threepio. Any word on the other non-Jedi operative that were sent for?"

"We hope to have their services secured within the same time frame, though I'm unsure as to why you want some of these characters involved on such an important mission, Master Luke. Some of them are less that......cordial....."

The Jedi smiled, still appearing boyish despite being well into middle-age. The years had been kind to him but that was mostly the Force's doing. Part of him was still amused by Threepio's relative elitism years after he first heard the droid banter to his uncle Owen in front of the Jawa sandcrawler in the Dune Sea.

"It's a changing galaxy out there, Threepio. The Jedi are still in recovery from the Vong war. We need all the help we can get and we can't be fussy about who we chose to aide us."

"I see, Master Luke."

Skywalker paced about, his small frame seemingly tense.

"Have you managed to locate Master Halicon yet?"

The droid cocked his golden head to once side.

"Yes - Camden Rycoth told me he'd returned to his homeworld for a hiatus after their last mission. That would of been a month or so ago. I've dispatched his other apprentice to find and recall him."

"Camden....how is he?"

"Somewhat disturbed since the loss of the lightsaber, Master Luke."

Luke squinted, thinking to himself. Three days ago, he'd had a vision about young Rycoth and the lightsaber the boy had purchased in a junk sale on Nar Shaddar. The Tainted Blade. Skywalker found his head reeling slightly as he recalled the visions telling the tale of the lightsaber the Force had shown him in his sleep. He'd immediately summoned Rycoth to Coruscant where he'd seen the lightsaber that was once his father's - the blade of Darth Vader.

The plan had been to distroy the evil in the weapon, the power of the Dark Side the Emperor had inbued it with using the Valley of the Jedi but things had taken a turn for the worse when the blade had been stolen by a yet-unrevealed assailant who'd attacked Rycoth and taken the lightsaber. The rumours of a man practising the Sith arts across the galaxy were starting to sound more believable now. Skwalker exhaled a sigh.

"Raiden Istaru...... the Dark Jedi....."

"Excuse me, Master Luke?" The droid interupted, removing Luke from his train of thought.

"Nothing. See to it that all the summoned are assembled here upon arrival. I'll brief them myself."

"Yes, Master Luke." The droid replied and left the room. Skywalker remained, once again lost in thoughts of the Jed

3. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    NRI Headquarters, Coruscant

Master Sergeant "Mage" Wizall, formerly of Starfighter Command, currently of New Republic Intelligence, was busy. He'd been busy ever since the Vong had been defeated, and the New Republic had regained its place in the galaxy. The problem was that the galaxy was still a very chaotic place; the New Republic was still attempting to bring back order to the galaxy, which meant he had plenty of work to do. There'd been strings of hate crimes against the Vong who had begun to be integrated into the NR, there'd been a peak in criminal activity now that the Hutt syndicates had mostly been destroyed, there were still the occasional terrorist cells, rogue Imperial black marketeers, slavers providing what was left of the Ssi-ruuk with entechment fodder, bacta profiteers, and the list went on. And they all committed crimes a plenty, from murder to destruction of state property to grand theft.

That meant that Mage, one of the chief investigators in the NRI Capital Crimes division, was always, always busy. This was a situation which couldn't have made him more happy. Before the Vong incursion, he had worried that his age was slowing him down, that the NR wasn't going to need him anymore; but now that the ranks of the NR had been thinned, they needed trained beings more than ever before. Even trained beings with slightly graying hair who should have started families and retired fourteen years ago.

But "Mage" didn't see that in his future. Maybe one time, with a certain girl, but not anymore. Nowadays, it was just the job, standing alone against the chaos that assaulted the Republic from the inside.

A knock on his office door brought him out of his reverie. "Come in."

A young looking analyst entered; pretty, around 5'7, she was an example of the many fresh, just out of the academy beings that the New Republic had had to supplement its ranks with. He grinned slightly.

"And how might I help you, beautiful?"

"The other agents told me about you, so I'm not going to sue you for sexual harrassment, Master Sergeant. You do realize it's a new military these days, right?"

"Sure, sure. And that would normally mean that I can't appreciate an attractive young lady or ask her out without being slapped with a lawsuit. Luckily, Cracken realizes my worth lies aside from my quirks."

The analyst rolled her eyes. "I'm sure, Master Sergeant. And speaking of General Cracken, he'd like to see you in his office."

Mage shook his head in mock disgust.

"Can't he leave me alone for five minutes? I'm still working on the paperwork from the Ilion murders. Hell, Treyers wasn't this bad; I actually had to bug him to put me on cases."

"I'm sure the General is just preempting your thirst to be out on the trail, Sergeant Major."

"Oh, so I can't hit on you, but you can be a smartass. Great. Brave new galaxy, here we come."

The analyst giggled slightly and left. Mage got up from his desk, tried to organize his papers briefly, gave up, and then headed towards General Cracken's offices. Cracken would be retiring soon; he'd been old and ready to retire when the Vong had shown up. But when an alien incursion wipes out most of your general staff, you ask your old men to stay around a little longer.

When he reached the general's office, Mage walked past the secretary, knocked twice, then entered. Cracken looked up and narrowed his eyes.

"You know, my secretary is there for a reason, Wizall."

"I know, sir, but I can only deal with so many go-betweens before I go insane."

"I know the feeling. You up for another little jaunt, Mage?"

"Well, sir, I am supervising a couple cases now, and finishing up the last work on a couple others. But if it gets me away from the desk, I'd be more than happy to accept, sir."

"Good. You have experience working with the Jedi, and this case involves them heavily. Master Skywalker has requested that one of our best men be assigned to him, to look into the recovery of a lost item."

"The Jedi, sir?" Mage asked, skeptically, "Uhm, last time I checked, they weren't

4. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    OOC: [face_shocked] :( Wow, I have to try to post after those intro posts!?

Terow

Terow looked up at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, thinking. He had a few minutes before he needed to go in and see why he'd been summoned here. He hadn't done anything illegal, definitely nothing to warrant Jedi attention. He'd had a fair, but not overly flashy career as a bounty hunter and as a bodyguard. Perhaps that was what the Jedi wanted? Someone who didn't have much of a reputation, someone who wouldn't attract attention? Well, it was a good thing he'd already been in the area. As he had never learned how to pilot, and didn't have a ship anyways, he wouldn't have been able to come if he hadn't hitched a ride here.

Well, whatever the answer was, he definitely wouldn't find it out here. Terow looked around him, observing the crowd. No one payed him any attention, even when they walked right past him. That was fine; he wasn't here to be sociable. Terow sucked in a deep breath and walked into the Jedi Temple.

5. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OK this is the last time im changing this post lol. Hopefully this one will be more successful

Leina Narris was training against a training probe in one of the small sparring arenas. her Violet lightsaber blade moving with fluid grace. She was so focused on the task that she didn't notice a woman, about 20 years old enter the arena

"Leina?"

She looked over and de-activated the remote

"Oh hello Kalai!. What brings you here"

"I have a message for you. From master Skywalker"

"Master Skywalker?"

"Yeah... you need to report to the council chambers soon"

"What about?"

"I don't know to be quite honest with ya"

"Will you be there?"

No. Ive got my hands full with my padawan, Raya" (OOC - Old and the new)

Master Nadair! C'mon!

A voice called behind her.

"See what I mean?" she laughed

"Oh Ok.. well thanks a lot Kalai!"

"No problem"

She replyed before leaving with Raya in tow.

Leina smiled to herself and sorted herself out before heading to the council chambers

6. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    OOC: This post be no longer neccessary. Arrr.

7. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC:Here we go...Chewie, punch it! (th

IC:

The Skychaser Tapcafe, Commenor

"And here I am, stuck up a huge skyscraper, rain pelting down all around me. Anyway, I lean over to take a better look, and suddenly, woosh! I'm in the air, dropping down towards the floor."

Laughing heartily, Denin Law slapped his old friend Ilyx Aran on the shoulder, smiling at the story of Aran's misadventures.

Old Ilyx always did have a knack for winding up in trouble.

"Those were the good times." continued Ilyx. "Before the Vong."

Denin nodded solemnly.

"Now all that's over, however, we can finally live in peace."

Denin's face turned pale, and he looked down guiltily.

"Den, what's wrong?"

Managing a sheepish smirk, Den rose his head and took a gulp, lowering his voice a little. "Look, Ilyx, I came here to tell you something. You're the only person I've told. Many years ago, on Yavin, you helped defeat the invading Imperials...if it wasn't for you and the New Republic, my master would have been killed and I'd have never been trained. Now...it's my turn to try and save you all. I've...i've been called up to Coruscant by Skywalker...he says it's a matter of intense urgency, life and death. Now I don't know if I'm gonna come back. And, I'f I don't...well, I want you to know where I've been."

Ilyx nodded, his cheer gone. "Don't worry Den. You'll come back. You've got to."

Denin flashed a dark glance at Ilyx as he rose. "Let's hope so. One way...or the other."

Coruscant

Seems a lot bigger than i remembered...
    But of course. He had been away completing his Trials for the past eight months, and after that spending a little time with friends from the past, such as Ilyx. He had forgotten completely about how the Temple could dwarf even the largest Hutt.

Striding confidently into the building, Denin was unaware that he was about to embark on the biggest quest of his life...a quest that would either lead to full mastery and knowledge of the Force...or his own downfall...

(mysterious rumbles)

OOC:Hope that was OK...just had to get Ilyx in somewhere (The guys from The Old and the New will know what I'm talking about).

8. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Long intro on wake-up time and the whole deal. I hope it's not too long...

IC:

Jarrod woke up that morning with a massive headache. When he turned to face the ceiling in the room, he noticed his girlfriend Samantha standing over him, a pleadant smile on her face. The smile quickly faded, though, to reveal a look of concern. He froze, part-way off the bed, when he saw the frown form. "What's the matter?" he asked her quietly.
    "You just got a call from Coruscant, Jarrod. Some assignment they want you on. I guess that kills your vacation."
    Jarrod slowly dragged himself out of bed, grumbling to himself under his breath. At length, he made a comment on grounds of his 'vacation'. "Yeah, that it does." He got a little upset. "You know I hate when this happens." He walked over and gave her a loving embrace. "I'll try and be back soon."
    "Okay," was all she said.

A few minutes later, Jarrod was at the local parking garage, quite upset. He wanted to be back home, but something told him that this assignment was very important if they were going to disrupt his vacation over it. He walked over to his AX-Interceptor, loaded his weapons into the cargo hold, hopped into the cockpit, and took off from Cloud City to head to Coruscant, and whatever was there waiting for him.

TAG: All

9. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: Wow, great intro?s so far everyone?Also, I think I may make another account so we can have a bit more on the bad guys side, but I?m gonna wait just a bit? :D

IC: Serin sat on her bunk aboard the passenger ship she?d booked transport to Coruscant on, deep in thought. She wore her the pants and boots of her normal Jedi uniform, and a short sleeved tunic, her robes and the rest of her belongings piled on a small table nearby. She hadn?t been back among the Jedi for almost a year, and the last time she was still being looked upon as the nomad, the rogue, the outcast, by many at the temple. She didn?t even understand why she?d received this summons. Perhaps they were finally sick of her experiment and were kicking her out of the order. It wouldn?t have surprised her very much.

Brushing one of her dark locks out of her eyes, she looked at her small datapad, at the message:

Serin Kore

Master Skywalker requests your presence. You are ordered to report to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant in 2 days.

That was it. Short and sweet. It didn?t really bother her much, they hadn?t had much to say to her for a while. Securing the datapad away, Serin sat back and closed her eyes to meditate.

Not quite 48 hours later, she was in her full Jedi garb, riding in a hover taxi barely minutes away from the Jedi temple. As it dropped her off, she felt a little odd being back. She let it pass as she calmly strode through the doors, her arms crossed in the sleeves of her long dark cloak, hood up.

Looking around, she still marveled at how impressive the place was, considering a not too many years ago, the entire planet was overrun by Vuuzhan Vong. Reaching out with her feelings, Serin felt all the life, all the power in the building she was able to pick out one or 2 people she knew?Kalai was here someone with young Raya. She hoped she could see her friend at some point?it had been almost a year since the last time. Making her way towards the Council Chambers, she prepared to face whatever she would face.

10. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    Coruscant

Mira Savid was deep in her ships engines, upgrading them for the thousandth time since she bought the ship.

?Dac,? she said to her Artoo unit,? check the power for me, o.k.??

The little droid warbled an affirmative. She waited for the power readings to be sent to her datapad. Dac bleeped a reply, but instead of power readings appearing on her screen the words, ?There?s a message for you.? took their place.

?O.k. Dac, I?ll be right up!? ,she maneuvered her way out of the innards of her ship and made her way to the cockpit.

She sat down in her worn piolets chair and as she brushed a piece of hair out of her face she accessed the message. Her eyes scanned the text of the message it simply read

Mira Savid

Master Skywalker requests your presence at the Jedi Temple as soon as possible.

?Dac, prepare the ship to head for the other side of Courscant. We have a meeting to go to at the Jedi Temple.?

A few hours later

Mira Savid looked up as she stepped into the majestic entrance hall of the Jed Temple. It was as beautiful as she had remembered. She had been there only twice before, once when she had to deliver supplies, and the second time she had been there to met her good friend Kai Halicon.

She made her way to the Council Camber, unsure at why she had been called, but she was ready for anything.

11. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    Mage grinned as he walked through the Jedi Council. So this is where the taxpayers money goes, he thought to himself. They'd managed to reconstruct the place pretty quickly, considering the fact that the Vong had almost completely terraformed Coruscant to their specifications. After speaking to a few people about his meeting with Skywalker, he was instructed to head towards the council chambers; apparently there were quite a few others who had been summoned as well.

Mage entered the room and chuckled. Skywalker wasn't fooling around about this; it looked like he was calling in every competent Jedi he knew to take care of this situation.

Mage looked around for a place in the crowd, and finally settled on a patch of wall in the back. He leaned against it, feeling around in his pocket almost naturally. In took him a few moments to realize that the smokes that he was reaching for hadn't been there for years. Old habits die hard, he guessed. He shook his head and sighed, waiting for the Jedi to say what they had to say, so he could get on with an investigation.

12. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Some great introductions here. For the sake of keeping the game flowing, I'm going to continue into the lead up to the meeting to give those who've yet to submit their introductory post a chance to join or I'll have to intergrate them in later to save everyone else from waiting too long for things to get going.

Sound fair to everyone? Basically, the our strange covenant of characters should all be near or at the Temple, awaiting the meeting with Skywalker to begin. Perhaps some interaction between characters before the meeting starts to break ice?

BTW, love the cameos from The Old and The New characters.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple.

It was early evening, the sun low in the sky and the traffic rising as another work day finished in the capital. The darkly-painted form of a Corellian YT-1300a burst through the clouds, almost invisible in the rising ebony of night. The Rogue Knight banked hard right and slowed to docking speed as it approached the landing platforms high atop the Jedi Temple. The landing struts appeared from the undercarriage of the vehicle and it set down rather gently for such a large ship. The trip from Tyrol had taken less than a few hours at lightspeed and had been uneventful.

A minute later, Liana strolled down the ramp, her hood pulled over her head. At her side was the ship's astromech navigator droid, K4-G2. The K4 series was derived from the popular R2 series and were similar externally but tended to be more independent that the majority of the R2 series. As such they were prone to having extremly varied personalities.

A tall figure strode from the Rogue Knight just as the beacon lights on the ship blinked off. Kai stepped on to the platform, his steel-capped boots clunking on the metal surface. He wore black from head to toe, his usual attire and his form was encased in a sleek black coat that trailed behind him slightly as he walked. His hands were gloved and the padded vest he wore under the coat was bound up to his neck, leaving his head the only visible part of his body. It was far from traditional Jedi, but then again, so was Kai Halicon.

As he moved to catch up with Liana, she noticed he'd cleaned himself up considerably. The messy beard had been shaved clean off his face, save the short sideburns and small goatee beard than ran from his bottom lip to the tip of his chin that he favoured. The dreadlocks had been removed from his hair and the Jedi had tied up his long mane at the back of his head. He looked more regal and mature than before, but managed to remain youthful. Liana caught a glimpse of his eyes as he walked up beside her; they always seemed like they'd seen more than anyone his age should of.

Kai turned to his droid.

"K4, have the ship refueled and on standby please."

The silver and black coloured astromech chirped a positive response and rolled off in the direction of the main hanger just below them.

Kai and Liana entered the upper level and the Jedi Master paused almost immediately. Liana turned to face him, her features still hidden beneath her cloak.

"Telepathy kicking in?"

Kai nodded and his eyes squinted. Of all his Force powers, his psionic abilities were among the more fomidable. He could sense stray thoughts miles away and lift a starfigher with his telekinesis with less than a conscious effort. The negative aspect of his telepathic powers was that they were always constantly functioning on some level and as such, around other a lot of active minds, his head could quite...crowded.

"There's others that have been summoned by Skywalker. He's here, but I can't sense anything from him."

They continued walking towards the lift that would take them to the council chambers and all that time, Kai was deep in thought.

There's something big going on here.....

He did not say anything else as they got on the lift and Liana thumbed the appropriate button. The Jedi Master was still reaching out with his telepathy as the lift shot down several floors.

I ca

13. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    ooc: okay I stated in the bio my character has an apprentic, okay, I'm posting one for the apprentice too and my intro post for both. And great to find there's another dark sider.

Name: Kelvin Delsen
    Race: human
    Homeworld: Naboo
    Height: 5?6?
    Weight: 115
    Physical Appearance/Features: blond hair, blue eyes, short hair, square jaw
    Clothing: a brown jacket and pants
    Personality: very loyal and trustworthy, bad tempered,

If Yes-

Affiliation: Dark Jedi/Neutral)
    Lightsaber colour: red
    Lightsaber design: multiphase blade
    Force strength: piloting, fighting, telekinesis
    Force weaknesses: mind control, computers, empathy

If No-

Job/Designation:
    Affiliation:
    Skills/qualifications:

Weapons/personal items: lightsaber, blaster
    Vehicles: (if any) Corellian freighter

Bio: Kelvin Delsen as a young boy always had a dark side tendency. He was kidnapped from his home by Kes Seone and became her apprentice. He co-pilots her ship and trains with her hoping to someday take her place. He?s loyal to no other.

IC: Kes Seone and Kelvin Delsen

Kes Seone glanced around the area as a pair of labor droids began moving boxes into the cargo hold of the Corellian Freighter. As a smuggler's ship the Crimson Fire didn't look like much but it was loaded and no one dared cross the pair of Dark Jedi that piloted, that is if they liked living.

"Kelv!" she snarled at the young boy that worked as both her apprentice and co-pilot.

"Yes Master?"

"Check the droids. Make sure that they're actually doing it right this time."

"And?"

"And hurry it up. We need to be off this moon by the time sec. shows up."

"Yes Master"

Kelvin Delsen left to check on the droids to see they were doing it right for the first time. He knew Kes didn?t trust them and only him but he had wanted some droids to lessen his work so when he came back with two of them she didn?t say no but she was about ready to deactivate them at any time.

?Kelv?? Kes called for him. ?We need to go.?

?Just a moment.?

?Now!? She yelled at him as Kelv hurried the droids up and closed the door to the cargo bay as soon as the droids had boarded.

Kelv ran towards the ship to see a pair of already dead security guards and Kes with the crimson blade of her lightsaber ignited. He rushed up to help her but she held him back with a flick of her hand and swiped at the remaining guards, killing them efficiently.

14. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC:

Quote: "The Jedi's thoughts remained his own as the elevator continued to traverse floors, the time of meeting drawing closer...."

(Whoops!) Thanks for the warning, Kai!

IC:

A horrid gray and red blotch formed in the sky of Coruscant. It was a foul mixture of fighters from ages past: the hull of an X-Wing, the engines of an A-Wing, and the wing panels of a TIE Interceptor. The monstrosity landed with an abnormal grace on one of the landing pads near the Jedi Temple, and from it stepped forth a man who, for most of his unnatural life, had known only the bitter, demonic life of combat.

Jarrod unloaded the cargo on his ship and looked around. He was on a mission where killing people would probably not be necessary until later, so he made sure to holster everything. I bet that big building is the Jedi Temple, he thought to himself. As he walked over to the elevator that would take him to street level, he tried hard to clear his mind, remembering that the Jedi could tell what he was thinking. He had fortunately hid away his datapad before the door opened to reveal the streets of Coruscant and the entrance to the Jedi Temple. A few people were already gathered, so he just decided to walk over casually, and resist the urge to whip out his blasters and set off a general cry of havoc.

Something on the datapad had disturbed him. Should I really trust that guy? he thought to himself. Should I trust Master Halicon, if he already turned to the Dark Side once? He suddenly decided to stop thinking that, again remembering that the Jedi could hear his thoughts.

Still, thoughts and images ran through his mind. His mind raced back to the day he killed the three scientists who had created him. The sword he carried had eagerly dug through their flesh, as if it was alive in its own right. He looked at the scar on his left arm, and laughed to himself. What was I thinking, using my own blood to temper the blade of that weapon?

He finally made it to the front door of the Temple. It was a marvelous place, or so it looked. Such a place could easily dwarf a Rancor in stature. He was fortunate not to have any psychokinetic powers, for he speculated that the concentration of Jedi in that building would give him psychic shock. I just hope I'm the only genetic experiment on this mission, he thought to himself before proceeding to wait.

EDIT: More IC. Noticed I was supposed to go to the Council Chamber, and not wait outside. My bad.

Jarrod stood outside for several minutes, noticing others go inside, and then it finally dawned on him that he should perhaps also go into the building he was standing near. He looked a little sheepish as he did so, feeling like a first-class idiot for not going in immediately. He unholstered his sword as he went in, keeping on the defensive.

One long turbolift ride and several dizzying floors later, he arrived at the entrance to the Council Chamber, where many others were gathered. Flaming Sithspit, I must be in some BIG trouble! he thought to himself as he nervously shifted his sword between his hands.

OOC: I'd like to nominate myself for candidacy on the "Rant'n'Rave" awards show. ;)

15. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    Name: Mephet'ran
    Race: Human
    Homeworld: Unknown
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 180
    Physical Appearance/Features: Sith Tattooing across his left torso, brown hair, deep green eyes, generally handsome features with an air of hatred, loss and anger about them.
    Clothing: Sith Battle armor, embued with the Dark Side of the Force; exceptionally light, but strong; it can slow down a lightsaber just long enough to bring ones blade back up to parry.
    Personality: Prone to fits of Rage, Mephet'ran is not always in his right mind. He was not the right man to become a Sith Master; he had too much compassion left in his soul when he journed to Korriban to face the old Sith Lords in their burial halls of stone and fear. Thusly, he did not see Kai's ruse when he trained him, he only saw the betterment of the Sith. He also has a great sense of sorrow from the deaths of friends during the Vong Incursion, sorrow he only believes will be lifted once he seizes the Tainted Blade and brings back a new order to the galaxy, an order free of the Vong. He is not subtle, and practices the Vader line of interrogation when he is looking for something.

If Yes-

Affiliation: Sith
    Lightsaber colour: Blue
    Lightsaber design: Two slightly broader, slightly shorter curved energy blades, with the faintest resemblance to a scimitar. Also carries a classic saber just in case.
    Force strength: Mephet'ran has great power that was given to him after defeating the Sith Lords in their attempt to destroy his body on Korriban, as they do to all 'Sith' who try to learn their secrets. His powers range from the usual dark Jedi powers of Force Lightning and Force kill to Force Battle Meditation and Force meld to Force heal
    Force weaknesses: Telepathy. There was a reason he wanted Kai; the rare power of telepathy. Most Jedi and Sith do not have the power to read minds; only a very, very rare few can claim it. Claiming the Kai Halicon bloodline would have been very helpful in bringing about a line of Sith with this power.

Weapons/personal items: His lightsaber, armor with built in wrist vibroblades, .
    Vehicles:"Ebbing of the Light," a personally built Sith Assault Fighter

Bio: Raiden Istaru was born in the outer rim on a factory world in the Minos Cluster. He thought he had no escape, so he ran away and joined the Rebel Alliance. He served honorably for years, and continued to serve in the New Republic, when he found out why he was better than most other veterans at coordinating the men aboard his Frigate during combat from a certain Jedi Master searching for recruits.

He trained under the Jedi for years, rising to the rank of Knight. He fought bravely during the Vong wars, but quickly grew unsatisfied with the way Skywalker handled things. He had seen too many friends die because of lack of Jedi participation in the war effort. At first he saw an answer in Kyp, but gave that up as the Jedi Master attempted to make amends with Skywalker. So, he began searching for another way. Perhaps the Sith had ways of getting through to an enemy who was merely empty within the Force.

He began his research only to find the Vong defeated soon after. However, he did not want to see friends die in droves again, not when it could be prevented by more aggressive measures. Accordingly, he continued on his voyage of discovery, stealing a Sith Holocron from the Jedi archives and poring over its databanks. He dissapeared for a long time, learning the ways of the Dark Side, and then appeared on Korriban, killing a team of archeologists and Jedi, then entering the Dark burial chambers.

He emerged with greater power than before, sure of the path he must walk. He needed to find a way to bring total order to the galaxy.

For Mephet'ran, there is no gray side in the Force, only the Dark and the Light. He does not subscribe to the usual 'The Dark Side made me do it,' but rather sees the Dark as an irrevocable path where the user can step as he will, as long as he always steps forward. He does not believe one ca

16. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    ooc: you want everyone to make their way to coruscant? Including the dark siders?

17. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    OOC: I think the Dark Siders have their own agendas, and can act on them. If any of you darksiders want to work with Mephet'ran, drop me a PM.

18. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Coota, you're a mind reader. I pictured Mephet'ran very similarly.

As for the Dark Siders, I am leaving that completely open; they may work in unison or singularly. Rumours of the Tainted Blade are beginning to circulate throughout the galaxy so many of them may seek to claim it for themselves.

IC: The elevator from the rooftop halted on the appropriate floor and after a slight pause, the metallic doors slid open and Liana and Kai stepped out onto the floor.

The rebuilt Council chambers took up the better part of the floor, whith separate meeting rooms and side rooms for the members of the council. Adorned with ancient sculptures and Jedi propaganda that had been stored on Yavin and survived the Vong massacre, it was a place of awe and humblement.

Liana did not pause to inspect any of the sights; she'd seen them before and in all honesty, she was not in the slightest way sentimental. The Twi'lek girl made her way over towards a bench that was placed by the large window panel and sat down.

However, Kai was drawn to a large plaque that covered a reasonable section of the wall. The Jedi approached and placed his hands behind his back. He caught sight of a pair of teenage padawan learners who were obviously posted as security. They looked so young, barely old enough for the responsibility that had been placed on them but the Jedi Order was still in a recovery period and as such, was mostly populated by new apprentices.

As Kai browswed the plaque, entitled "Those who gave their lives to the Force", he realised it was a memorial to the Jedi who'd lost their lives during the Vong period. He scanned amongst listing and paused abruplty as he saw the one he'd been looking for.

HALICON, DEXAR ("Dex"). Jedi Knight. MIA.

Kai inhaled sharply as he ran his gloved fingers over the engraved words. It seemed so empty; MIA. Missing In Action. There was no closure and Kai feared that there never would be. His hand strayed to the hilt of his lightsaber beneath his coat. Its true origin was lost to the sands of time, but it was thousands of years old and rumoured to have been constructed during the reign of Exar Kun. A Halicon family heirloom, it was all that remained of his father along with the coat Kai now wore everywhere he went.

He searched for another name, one that was more recent.

TORRIN, QUIN. Jedi Master of Taiin Toramure and Kai Halicon. Killed by a Dark Jedi.

His old master, the man who'd been one of his father's closest friends had trained him since he was fourteen. Quin had met his doom when he'd been confronted by the fallen Jedi Istaru. Kai still recalled the moment he felt Quin vanish from the Force. He touched the scars that surrounded his right eye; the one Istaru had stabbed through with the tip of his lightsaber.

The Jedi caught a glimpse of a thought from one of the padawans that stood in front of the door to the council chambers, a Chiss boy around sixteen. He was conversing with his colleague, a human girl the same age. They were speaking in hushed whispers, but Kai could hear their thoughts clearer than they could.

That's Kai Halicon....they say he was a Dark Jedi years ago and that he almost joined the Sith....

I heard! I wonder if that's why he doesn't dress like a Jedi....all that black... and I heard he's got all these strange tattoos on his body.

Yeah...but they say he's the youngest Jedi Master in service of the Republic and that he's extremely powerful. I got told he once crushed a snubfighter with his mind without any effort.

Really? One of the older masters said that he got those scars on his right eye from a lightsaber. Apparently that eye glows when he's mad.

Kai turned away from the plaque, semi-bemused by the youthful banter. Some of it was fearful, others seemd almost filled with awe. He seemed to invoke a host of curious reactions but he was use to it now. Still, he didn't really like people talking about him behind his back, even if they were kids.

Kids.....i'm barel

19. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Memorial mural? Interesting. Sounds like Vietnam, in a way.

IC:

Jarrod stopped hefting his sword as he saw the Jedi Master walking around. Dammit! Frightening little children now, is he? Jarrod tried his best to hold back the wave of anger that washed over him just then, not wanting to fight the Jedi Master in the Temple. Instead, he walked over to the wall the Jedi had just been staring at, and began looking at the identification plaques. One seemed to hit hard on him. Halicon's father... MIA? Wouldn't they sense him through the Force if he were alive? The next one Jarrod looked at also had the name Halicon somewhere on it. A reference to the Master's instructor, who died at the hands of a Dark Jedi. One of the reasons I'm glad those scientists didn't create me to be Force-sensitive, he thought to himself with a mental smirk, despite the sorrow he held for the loss.

He looked around for some others, not really knowing what he was hunting for. All of a sudden, he came across one that had a strange death notice on it. It read:

McCallister, Lance Thomas ("KnightHawk")-- Jedi Master, Dark Side -- Killed through pact with the Dark Side. He figured that the Jedi Master he had just observed would have some information about this, so he decided to inquire. "Master Halicon!" he said, turning to face the strangely-clad Jedi. "I have a question for you!"

OOC: Shameless cameo, I know. Those from The Old and the New will understand. I'm also foreshadowing my character's fate there. (Another death?) (Chuckles.)

20. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Nicely added cameo, 'Hawk. It appears that death finally caught up with McCallister....

IC: Kai was disturbed from his thoughts by a voice behind him. Instantly, he tensed up. Even with the amount of psionic dampening he had to employ to stop the respsective minds of the Jedi in the temple from driving him mad, he was completely unaware of another presence in the room besides himself, Liana and the two padawans by the chamber doors.

He turned, to see the tall figure of a darkly clad man behind him, his clothing not to disimilar from Kai's own black uniform of choice. There was a harshness about him, like someone who'd seen their fair shair of war and combat. He sported a cybernetic arm, one that was visibly mechanical unlike the prosthetics of the modern age. It might of served to intimidate but that was foreshadowed by Kai's imediate mental observation.

This man has no signature in the Force.

Even those unable to hear the call of the Force existed within its boundaries on some basic level, but this man was different. It was like he was an area of nothingness; an empty place where something that should normally be there was not.

And that disturbed Kai to no end. The teachings of both the Jedi and the Mokari indicated that the Force was essentially a part of everything organic and living. This man was a contradiction of that. Try as he might, Kai could not sense a single thought eminating from this stranger.

Then it dawned on him. Someone with the inability to be sensed in the Force might prove useful on a covert mission of any type. That deduction alone gave Halicon a slight indication as to Skywalker's reasoning for the meeting.

Something must be gravely wrong if Skywalker's calling in someone like this....

Masking his surprise, Kai slipped into a collected mood and stepped forward a few paces.

"Yes, I'm Kai Halicon. You have a question? I'm intrigued given the fact we've never met before. But please, ask your question. A Jedi is always co-operative."

He tried to lace his reply with caution, but there was a niggling sensation of curiousity that had been aroused in him by the newcomer....

Tag: KnightHawk.(Hope that "no-presence-in-the-Force" addition is ok.)

21. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Serin sat in a dark corner of the room outside the Council Chambers, sitting in a meditative pose without meditating. She'd watched the large man in black with the drawn sword enter. He was a strange one...looked a little out of place, and certainly felt it.

She couldn't help but smile when she saw Kai and Liana enter...obviously, this was about more than her being in trouble over something. The pair looked almost exactly as Serin remembered, something she couldn't say for herself.

Liana sat down near the door to wait while Kai went over to speak with the 2 apprentices at the door. After being told to wait, he went over to the rememberance wall...Serin could point out Bal's name on it without looking. She knew Kai was likely looking at his father's place. Probably his masters, too.

As he went back over to sit by Liana, Serin was a little surprised he hadn't immediately picked up on her pressence in the room, but wrote it off to him likely keeping all his shields up, what with being the centre point of Jedi activity, and hence Jedi psychic imprints, in the galaxy. "He probably knows I'm in the building somewhere, I'm sure..." She thought to herself.

Looking back to the stranger, he had casually walked over to the wall, examining it. Suddenly turning, the stranger spoke.
    "Master Halicon! I have a question for you!"

Serin was actually impressed. It almost looked as if Kai was surprised by the strangers voice. Of course, he covered it up and hid it like a master.
    "Yes, I'm Kai Halicon. You have a question? I'm intrigued given the fact we've never met before. But please, ask your question. A Jedi is always co-operative."

Standing up in one fluid move, Serin finally stepped out of the shadows, walking over to where the three had gathered. It didn't look like anyone had noticed her, but she may have been mistaken.

"He's right, you know. Master Halicon will be able to help you with anything you need. And I don't think you need the sword, you're in no danger here." She said, looking at the stranger, offering a slight bow of her head.

Pulling back her hood to reveal her face, she smiled. "Hello Kai, hello Liana."

TAG: KnightHawk, Kai

22. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    No sooner had he spoke his reply, Kai felt a gentle psionic caress on the back of his neck, like a memory long since faded becoming vivid again. He smiled in his head as he recognised the owner of the psionic signature and could not help but feel happy about seeing the Jedi Knight who owned that telepathic echo.

"He's right, you know. Master Halicon will be able to help you with anything you need. And I don't think you need the sword, you're in no danger here."

As ever, the Jedi Knight Serin Kore was polite, politically correct and charming as ever. Kai watched as she pulled back the hood of her robe and greeted both himself and Liana.

His apprentice returned her with a formal bow whilst Kai paused for a moment. It'd been some time since they'd seen each other and Kai noted she'd changed. Her hair had grown darker and there was a slightly roughness about her; as if she'd been from one side of the galaxy to the other. She was still as attractive as ever and the Jedi Master could not help but glance over her graceful form.

Kai had always felt kindred with Serin; during their last adventure together she'd tapped into the darker side of her potential, a road Kai was familiar with and in that aspect, he felt a common bond with her. He wondered how he appeared to her in part; though he'd not changed much in his appearance, he felt older somehow, more like a Master now than in the past.

A grin came to his face as he noted she still carried the dark charcoal-coloured lightsaber he'd gifted her a long time ago. It was a small gesture but meant a lot that she employed a weapon he could not bring himself to use.

"Serin..... it's been a while. You look well."

In truth, he'd sensed someone familiar in the vicinity but had not pinpointed it due to psionic buffers he'd put in place earlier (a common practise when visiting any area with a lot of active minds - standard practise for most high-level psionics.) but he was intrigued by Serin's presence in the Force; whilst it was similar, it was different at the same time. More confident and relaxed with herself.

I think she's gone through some changes since I saw her last.

Somewhat uncharacteristically, he touched her forearm. Whilst he was not an emotional cripple, he did tend to distance himself somewhat from people, even his apprentices. It surprised him; he must of been happier to see her than he thought.

"You seem....different. I can't put my finger on it though. Regardless, it's good to see you again. I'm guessing you got Skywalker's summons as well. Any clues as to what's going on?"

Tag: KissSpooky, Knighthawk.

23. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    Mage leaned back against the wall and watched the Jedi and others speak to each other. He'd noticed early on in life that observation was one of the most important skills to learn; the more you saw, the more you were able to work a situation out.

"You seem....different. I can't put my finger on it though. Regardless, it's good to see you again. I'm guessing you got Skywalker's summons as well. Any clues as to what's going on?"

He raised his eyebrows slightly. Apparently the Jedi knew even less than he did. He figured it didn't really matter if he mentioned why he had been brought in; after all, good will could go a long way.

"A missing item," he spoke up, "Something important needs to be found. I think that's why they're bringing so many different people in, Jedi and non-Jedi alike. Everybody has a speciality, and that increases the chances of recovering the item."

24. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    "Stolen item?" ventured Denin, his voice dark. "You mean like a Sith holocron or some kind of dark artifact?" Denin had always been interested in the aincient Jedi order and their lore, but Skywalker had never permitted him to view the few Sith artifacts that were kept at the Yavin temple.

But if this mission involved such a dark relic...

This was going to be a lot more interesting then Denin had initially thought.

25. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Entering the chamber, Leina noticed a lot of people had been requested by Skywalker. Jedi and Non Jedi alike. Looking around she noticed that as far as the jedi were concerned, she was the only padawan here. For the moment anyway. Apart from two she recognised who had been put on security. She went over to them

"Hey guys! Whats up you look a little spooked"

"Oh its nothing, Jedi master Halicon is over there, He came over to speak to us. it was a little creepy"

Leina looked over to the darkly clad jedi master. Kalai had told Leina about him. About when the yavin accademy and its students were under imperial attack, And Kai, Kalai and another jedi called Serin were thrown into the thick of the conflict and were assisted by a wraith squadron member and one of Kai's trader friends. But Kalai also said he was one of the bravest and noblest jedi she had met. Despite his jaded past and she hoped to see him and the one named Serin again sometime, even if it was just a brief moment.

"So... youve been called up too...any idea why?"

One of the padawan's shook her from her train of thought

"No...Kalai didnt seem to know either"

"All I know is, it must be important for such a varied variatey of people to be involved"

The other one spoke

"Yeah...Hopefully all will be revealed soon"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.