main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~ Gaurdians of the Force: The Tainted Blade ~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kai_Halicon, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: For now, I shall post as if everyone has assumed a role and the ship is ready for take-off. For those who've not posted or have been away, I'll be running the assumption that they are onboard.

IC: Kai sat back in the captain's large chair, sinking into the comfy black leather support. He rested a hand on his chin as everyone assumed their respective positions, with Camden jumping into the navigator's station to his right.

"Liana, Mira. Take her out."

With that command, Liana pulled back on the massive control sticks and the ship's nose began to rise ever so slightly. A few seconds later, the build up of turbines could be heard as the thrusters beneath the Quest manouvered it up, the ship heading towards the top of the oppening in the landing bay.

A minute later, the vessel had left the boundaries of the dock and had blended in with the Coruscant morning traffic. Liana pushed the throttle down a couple of notches adn the craft picked up speed, heading skyward. Six minutes later, it was breaking the atmosphere and a call came through over the main intercom.

"Galant Quest, this is Coruscant Orbital Control. You are clear for hyperspace jump to predestined co-ordinates. Safe journey."

Kai thumbed the 'respond' command on his chair's control panel.

"Thank you, Control. May the Force be with you."

From the helm, Liana slipped on her headset and adjusted a few controls. Kai turned to Camden. He'd removed his hood and Kai could of sworn his hair was even more platinum blonde than it had been last night. He repressed the urge to let his mood fall, knowing that Camden might sense his chance in emotion.

"Cam - are we ready to jump?" The Jedi Master asked.

From Camden there was naught by silence. He remained staring ahead, at the darkness of space.

"Cam?"

The boy jumped slightly and shook his head.

"Eh...? Ah.....yeah, sorry. We're ready to make the jump on your command."

Rubbing his jaw, Kai nodded.

"Alright. Make it so."

Mira and Liana hit a few controls as Camden input the command into his console. The hyperdrive engines kicked in, propelling the ship forward with insane momentum. At once, the stars became a blur of white streaks as the Gallant Quest left regular space and traversed across the galaxy invisible to the naked eye.

"Status?" Kai enquired.

"At current velocity, approximately four-point-five hours to Cargul's orbit. However, there is a potential delay in the fact there's a dying star about point-six of a light year from Cargul that we may have to navigate around if it continues to deteriorate." Cam replied.

"How much of a delay are we looking at?"

"Up to another two hours."

"Alright. Keep me informed."

Kai got up. Although he was comfortable with the mantle of leadership, he was preferable to leading a ground assault or a fleet of fighters, or even just being at the command of his own ship, the Rogue Knight. For the time being, he'd be able to cope, but he hoped to draw on Mage Wizall's experience - he was one of the most accomplished members of the NRI that Kai had ever met and.

"I'm going to be out for a while. Lia, Mira, feel free to lock the ship on autopilot and take some free time. That goes for the rest of you. I'll be in the hanger bay running through some lightsaber exercises. Anyone is welcome to join."

Tag: Anyone who feels like mock combat. It will not strictly be limited to saber fighting.

2. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Cool enough.

IC:

Jarrod followed the Jedi Master to the back of the ship, his sword glistening blood-red. As soon as he entered the hangar bay, he unsheathed the weapon and held it in his right hand, sword-tip on the ground. "Kai, I challenge you."

TAG: Kai

OOC: I made that one short because the creative juices died.

3. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Terow followed the Kai and Jarrod back, but didn't offer to fight. He just wanted to watch.

OOC: I made this one short because there's not much else to say.

4. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Once in the hangar, Denin walked over to the Jedi Law, his A-Wing, and patted the built-in astro droid on the head.

"Open up the cargo hold, R4."

Denin extraced from the hold his trenchcoat, which he once tought was quite snazzy but it could hold nothin to Kai's. Hauling it over his shoulders, Denin whipped out a mean-looking knife, and began to twirl around, imitating a sword fight.

TAG: anyone willing to fight... :D

5. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    Mira looked over at the Jedi next to her and said,

"Do you want to put this ship on auto pilot so we can go watch those two battle it out?It should be a good show."

Liana smiled, "Yeah it will." the woman turned back to the controls and set the ship to autopilot. "Let's go!"

The two women got out of their seats and followed the rest of the group into hangar bay.

Tag:all

OCC: Kai i hope you didn't mind my writing for Liana in this post.

6. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Serin watched as people started to trickle to the back, then sat in Kai's chair, looking out at the glowing cyclone of hyperspace. Closing her eyes, she reached out with her senses, feeling the slight vibrations of the ship that always come through dispite the stablizers, hearing the sounds coming from the cargo hold.

Thinking of the group in the hold, Serin could only hope that everyone participating realized that it was just excercise, and not a battle. She'd known several people who couldn't grasp the concept of sparring, and she wondered if some of her fellow travels were the same way.

Finally letting curiosity get the better of her, she stood and made her way towards the back, resting a hand on the hilt of one of her lightsabers without thinking.

7. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    OOC: Just wanted to let everyone know I'm almost back. Should be able to post tommorrow.

8. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Leina watched as many of the older group members filter back to the hold. Looking at a screen, she studyed the ships system readouts which came up. She had done some system work before, but for nothing as big as the gallant quest

"No harm in being prepared"

she said to no-one in particular. Looking over, she saw Camden sitting at a console. Just staring into space. Getting up she walked over to him.

"Hey... you alright?"

She realised it was probably the stupidest question in the entire galaxy to ask him right now, but the tension in the air was getting to much to bear

Tag - Anyone

9. sedrynvagor

sedrynvagor Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2003
    Sedryn watched as all the members of the task force bar a few went down to the cargo hold to watch the Saber drills.

Sedryn decided to stay were he was and do a bit of thinking. He smiled as he though back to his past, all that time trecking the wilderness feeling different aspects of the force, but it was still the same force just a different feeling.

Sedryn closed his eyes and pictured the beauty of Dantoine, he had spent time there walking over the various terrians the rolling grasslands.

"Back to the present" Sedryn said to himself. He wondered were they were actully going, he had no idea and Master Kia had not briefed the troops on that yet. He had tried to get a picture of what was to come, but all his visions had been dark places they were clouded in the shrowd of the dark side. Sedryn had faced a Dark Jedi once before but the memory had been all to painful his master killed along with several other Jedi. He wiped the memory from his head.

" Do not dwell on the past, Sedryn. There is no emotion there is peace. " Master Skywalker had told him after the long hard peroid of grief. Master Skywalker had a knack for getting Jedi back into the Order of things, his wisdom was unsurpassed.

Still Sedryn though This is as much a quest as a mission for me, i have to find my true potential and only then will i see the real me".

Sedryn sat back in his hard but comfortable chair, and whisked himself into the warmth of the force, seeing if he could break through the shrod of the Dark side that clouded his visions on the upcoming future.

(ooc:sorry bout the spelling, i really cant spell that well.)

10. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: For the purpose of inter-character sparring, I think we should invoke a "limited control" rule. That is, you'd be able to post reasonable responses to fight scenes for other characters.

Example: If KnightHawk posts an attack against me, he would be able to post slight damage or a block/parry/aversion to the attack. If I were to attack him back, I could dictate whether he avoided the move or if it struck him, within realistic boundaries.

It would enable us to not have to continually wait for others to post back during fight scenes for non-pivotal moves. Obviously, fatal or wounding moves apart from minor ones would be strictly forbidden without the consent of players.

Does this seem fair?

Also, Camden and Liana are available to be utilised by anyone who wishes to either engage in conversation and so forth. Feel free to post for them.

For now, I'll responed to Jedi_padawan_leigh's conversation with Camden.

Coota - glad to have you back onboard.

IC: (Camden) Time seemed to have slowed to a crawl for Camden, as he gazed blankly into the heavens. Most of the group had left the bridge to participate in the mock-tournament, but Sedryn and Leina had stayed behind.

"Hey... you alright?""

From his left, he heard Leina's voice question him. It seemed far away, distant-sounding. Unblinking, he turned. He half-wondered if his current 'walking-corpse' apperance disturbed her, but he could sense no strong distaste for it.

Camden was still coming to terms with his enhanced telepathy. Something the Blade had done to him had spiked his powers up to a certain degree and he was having a bit of trouble getting used to the juiced-up psionic powers in particular. He wondered if Kai felt this way - it was rumoured his psionic abilities outweighed Master Skwalker's to a degree.

"As much as one can be, I suppose. It's hard to describe. Sometimes, I feel everything going on around me and other times there's nothing at all. But the one thing I can never stop feeling is the Blade - out there, pulsating with raw power. It knows we're coming for it....."

Tag: Leigh

IC: (Kai) The hanger, despite being filled with some of the vessels that belonged to his team, was still massive, Kai thought. It was easily the best place to pratise some sparring with some of the others - there was a training facility located a deck above them, but it was much smaller and Kai preferred the open space of the hanger.

He had his reasons for suggesting the combat. It would be a good way for him to gauge the skills of his team, particularly the non-Jedi. However, he hoped to spar with Serin and Denin - the first because her dual-fighting style had always intrigued him and the second because Denin reminded him a little of himself at that age.

No sooner had he entered the room, Jarrod called out to him from behind. Kai heard the sound of Jones' cortosis-forged sword slide from its sheath and he grinned. Somehow, he knew Jarrod was going to be first. It would possibly be the hardest fight because of his inability to be percieved in the Force.

However, Kai had trained himself to use his telepathic powers at a more intricate level, something he'd learned from the Mokari. If he focused hard, he could sense synaptic impulses, surges in adrenaline and muscle movement. Though subtle, it might give him an inkling to where Jarrod was about to move or strike. It was particularly useful for fighting those who were shielded from the Force, like Dark Jedi and in this case, Jarrod.

"Kai, I challenge you."

Kai turned and bowed slightly. Their eyes locked for a moment, each competitor betraying no emotion.

"Alright. I accept." He replied and moved out to the centre of a landing pad.

Taking a second to get ready, he removed his blaster, holster, utility belt and slipped off his coat. The Jedi rolled up his sleeves and stretched his arms, hearing the resounding crack in his shoulders and elbows. Though his lightsaber was at his side, he carried his

11. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

"As you wish," Jarrod said, his emotional state obviously taking a turn for the worst since the events of the day before. If the eyes were the windows to the soul, his eyes led to Hell. One look would have convinced even the bravest of foes to back down in fear at the man who had lost everything that ever mattered to him. "I'm almost completely sure you're aware of what happened to me yesterday. If you aren't, though, I won't tell you. It still hurts with the great pain of thousands of lightsabers."

He picked his sword up, and held it at the ready. "On a different topic, you might remember the question I asked you yesterday while we were all in the Jedi Temple. You didn't answer the question directly, my friend. You explained the person who made the deal with the Dark Side, but you didn't explain how one of those deals works. And, surprisingly, I was spying on that man once. That's how I knew what name to look for, and how I knew it seemed out of place there. I was spying on him while he was designing the revival of the Dark Trooper project, and overheard this strange incantation that I figured would do well for me in the future. I think it's time I used it." Jarrod knelt down on his right knee, drew his sword across his lap, kept it in his right hand, and brought his left upon his forehead. Upon that, he began speaking in Nubian, one of the three languages he knew well. [Hatred and love, swirling within, combine yourselves into one entity. Meld together, making two into one, and then make one into two.] His shadow began to change, until it was no longer as dark as before, but was blood red. He stood up, feeling stronger, but having no way of proving it. "I hope that worked," he said. He then brought his sword forward and charged at Kai, slashing down and hitting the staff square in the middle of the hand-hold.

12. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Obviously, fatal or wounding moves ~ Wow Kai, we're only practising! :p

Anyway I'm fresh out of creativeness for today, so no posts from me. :(

13. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Valid point A-Wings..... I guess it's not a good look if the group kills each other.

:D [face_plain] 8-}

IC: Kai listened as Jarrod explained about how he'd once spied upon Halicon's former compatriot, Lance McCallister. Part of him seemed unnerved by that fact - McCallister was known for his invoking of some pretty serious powers of the Dark Side.

Then, with deadly fluidity, Jarrod struck. The blade of of sword hacked downwards, connecting with the central part of Kai's staff. The blow was particularly powerful and Kai felt the staff shake in his hand. However, he managed to jerk the staff forward slightly and push Jarrod back. Realising that Jarrod appeared slightly larger and of stronger build, he was weary of getting to close but risked a quick counterattack nonetheless.

Sliding forward slightly, he moved with the speed of the Force, bringing his staff around so that one end struck at Jarrod's ankles, weakening his balance. At that moment, the Jedi barged his right shoulder forwards, catching Jarrod in the chest and sending him across the floor.

Spinning the staff around his head, Kai flipped forward in a spinning diagonal cartwheel and landed, staff at the ready. It was a lucky move and as he waited for Jarrod's response, he felt that this fight was going to a challenging one.

Tag: KnightHawk (btw, hope that combat sequence was within reasonable boundaries. Looks like you owe me a take-down.)

14. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Bring it on, but lets not try and make the debts too deep.

IC:

Jarrod got up from his knockdown somewhat slowly, considering the circumstances. Usually, he was up as soon as his back hit the ground. He would make sure to invoke that trick later. "I would suggest that you arm the blades on your staff, Master Halicon. Otherwise, you shall not draw blood from me easily." Jarrod then switched his grip on his sword, turning the handle so that the blade was aimed backwards when he held his right hand regularly. He then charged forward, ramming his right shoulder, the metallic one, square into Kai's abdomen. The two fell to the floor, and Jarrod quickly sprang to his feet, bringing his sword to bear in a customary position. He aimed the blade at Kai, and awaited a reaction. "If this were a fight to the death, I would have killed you. However, since you are my friend, I offer you a chance to get up."

OOC: I hope that was okay.

15. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    Serin sat off to the side, one eyebrow raised slightly.

"This is going to get out of control. It's already starting." She said to no one in particular. Sighing, she rested her chin on her knuckles, watching the fight continue.

16. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: It was all good, 'Hawk. And I'll try to keep the debts to a minimal.

:D

IC: Jarrod's metal shoulder hit hard and Kai went down, losing his grasp on the staff. He should of seen that coming, but Jarrod was quicker than he'd expected.

"If this were a fight to the death, I would have killed you. However, since you are my friend, I offer you a chance to get up."

From his horizontal position on the surface of the hanger's metal floor, Kai brought his knees up to his chest and kicked out, snapping himself up onto his feet in a martial-arts style recovery. The toe of his right boot slipped under the staff and he flicked his ankle, the staff leaping into the air. It landed squarely in his right hand.

"Gracious of you, and appreciated, believe me. I'll keep the blades sheathed, I think though. Blood's a bitch to get off the decks."

Kai's repsonse took him by surprise. He'd not been this competitive since he was in his first year at the Academy. Back then, he was that weird kid from the colonies whom the other padawans tended to avoid. Perhaps it was because of his inability to give up when faced with a challenge, no matter how insane the odds were.

Without further ado, he struck, bringing the staff down on Jarrod with a series of strikes to the head and shoulders, but the sword-weilding warrior managed to fend them off. Kai ducked under a sword swipe and swung out the staff, catching Jarrod on the lower back. He spun, twirling the staff to come around on the opposite side of Jarrod and brought it down again, this time on the cybernetic arm. Realising it wouldn't do much damage, he flipped backwards, barely being missed by the tip of Jarrod's blade.

As the blade passed his face, Jarrod moved in closer and Kai saw an opportunity. Ducking, he slipped underneath Jarrod's chest, gripping his collar with one hand and using the momentum to hurl Jarrod across the hanger. It wasn't a powerfully injuring attack, but it knocked him off gaurd and Kai moved in closer, staff at the ready.

The Force told him something, a single thought enimating from the group who'd gathered to watch.

Serin seemed to think they were going to hurt each other. Perhaps she was right. Still, they'd started the sparring match and it was only fair they finish it with one of them yielding.

Staff held low, Kai moved in on his opponent.

Tag: KnightHawk. If I crossed the line with the attacks, let me know. KissSpooky, you may have to break it up should it get to rough....

:D

17. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: You'll do well to remember that I'm a magician back in my RPG. That's where I got the other spell from. ;)

IC:

"So," Jarrod said, getting up, "afraid to actually INJURE a man? Such a saddening statement." Jarrod's voice dripped with something more than sarcasm. His soul sounded battered. Well, after yesterday, it is, he thought to himself. He stood in a ready position, and opened his robotic arm's cargo hold. Once it was open, he took something out of it. It was an engagement ring, the one he had given to his girlfriend a few months before. He quickly put it away and closed the hatch, sadness still in him being increased by more of the same. Sword in hand, he charged forward, the blade up for a smash. He swung the blade sideways, the sharp edge pointed down. The wide end smashed Kai's shoulder, knocking his arm out of balance as the sharp blade again crashed down hard onto the center of the staff.

18. Mirax-Terrik

Nov 22, 2002
    Mira smiled at the two men as she leaned against the wall of hanger bay

She had never seen Kai so competative before,
    "Men." she thought to herself as she shook her head.

19. sedrynvagor

sedrynvagor Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2003
    Sedryn after what seemed like an eternity still have found no clues toward the missing lightsaber. The darkside clouded all and that included any hints as well.

Growing restless sedryn stood and made his way towars the central common room,he eyes scanned the room and in the corner sat Liana who sat quietly in a trance.

Sedryn made his way quietly passed her and stood in the center of the overlarge commom area, Sedryn had decided it was time to hone his martial arts skills.

Sedryn spread his legs and stood in a neutral stance (training stance), He bgan by revising over the Forms. The first he had learn was to improve blocking, He lower him arms in a slow movement crossing them over as if to block a kick toward the groin, Quickly he moved his hands to the left and to the right again to show blocking rapid puches on either side, Sedryn continued this for a long while doing every kind of block. Once he had completed this form he moved onto the others and finished those.

Now tired, Sedryn felt Liana eyes fall on him and he turned to see the young padawan nerviously turning away.

Looking at his wrist-comm Sedryn concluded it was time for lunch, but before he left he said

"liana,will you join me for a bite to eat"

The young girl looked at Sedryn with inquizative eyes and then said " Yeah ok "

Liana followed Sedryn to the gally, and sedryn grabed two plates and gave on to the young padawan.

Liana filled her plate along with Sedryn and joined him at the table.

"so" Sedryn said " I am Sedryn, and i have gathered you name in Liana"

Liana looked at him again as she munched on some space rations,

" you would be correct in assuming that is my name master" Liana replied respectivly, chewing the rest of her mounthful.

Sedryn sat and looked at the girl feeling her shyness.

" How long have you be at the Acadamy " Sedryn said after a short slience.

20. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    IC: The flat of Jarrod's sword stuck Kai's left shoulder, loosing his grip on the staff. A second later, the sword smashed down on the staff again and his weakened hold on the weapon saw it fly from his grasp. Kai grit his teeth, ignoring the throbbing pain in his arm and slipped into the comfortable aura of the Force to guide his next few actions.

Time slowed for Kai, who was really moving at a speed almost beyong comprehension as he swayed away from the blade. Catching Jarrod's wrist, he twisted it and thrust and open palm into his chest. As Jarrod fell back, Kai noticed they were close to one of the walls of the hanger. Jumping up, he pushed himself off one of the walls and caught Jarrod's shoulder blades with a sharp downwards scything kick that slammed him into the ground.

Kai flipped once before landing, assuming a casual pose with his hands behind his back.

"You're good. Very good. I'm glad to have you on my team." He said, reaching out with a hand to help Jarrod to his feet....

Tag: KnightHawk.

21. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    OOC: Do we have a crew? If so, Mage can assume his old role as a crew chief in charge of keeping the fighters and freighters in good repair, as well as generally keeping the systems on the ship up to spec.

Sedryn: You're godmoding again. You need to let other people post their reactions, not just say what they're doing.

----

IC: Mage grinned slightly as he watched the match, leaning against a bulkhead wall. He had seen a hundred fights like this in his time, sometimes involving weapons, sometimes with just fists, in a hundred different hangars. It was just something about being in space, with nothing to do, that made a being want to pick a fight with another being. While Mage had learned to brawl in the worst cantinas and nightclubs, the spacedeck brawl had never appealed to him. He had taken up smoking instead, his own way of calming his nerves before a mission, a big op or during a case.

Quitting had been hard, but he had learned self-control many years ago; still, the urge bit hard during cases like this. Something was wrong; he could feel it in his gut, even without the Force. It was part of what had earned him the nickname 'Mage', an almost supernatural ability to detect when something was wrong, in a case, during an interrogation session, in the street, or during battle.

He figured it was just intelligence guided by the light of experience nudging him in the right direction. They needed to figure out who had the lightsaber, and what they wanted with it. Mage figured that it couldn't be power; if it was, the current holder would have dissapeared as quickly as possible to start building up their own personal army. The blade would no doubt do the rest. No, neither the blade nor its current owner wanted to start conquering the galaxy yet. Either the blade wasn't ready, or the current owner wasn't ready for that.

The thief had used the Force, though, in acquiring the blade, and that meant something, though Mage was at a loss to say exactly what. It was possible that the blade had changed hands since then, but Mage doubted it. If the blade wanted to be found by someone specific, it would make sure that it stayed with them.

It was entirely possible that this thief had obtained it in order to sell it; the blade would fetch a high price on the black market. But if the thief could use the Force, they would be hard pressed to give up the saber, unless it wanted to be given up. No, it certainly wouldn't want to rest on a collectors shelf for the next thousand years. It was ready to be used.

Mage figured the best way to find the thief, once they arrived on Cargul, would be to look in places where they hadn't been. Places where people couldn't quite remember the face of the person they had just been talking to a day earlier. He had learned a few tricks to tracking Jedi over the years; their skills in avoiding immediate detection were a kind of smoking gun to a pursuer.

Mage needed to speak to Kai; they needed to figure out the best way to approach this unknown quotient, someone who might not be part of the light, but also might not be squarely in the hands of the dark. But that would have to wait til after the sparring match.

He shook himself out of his reverie and glanced at the young lady to his left, a smuggler by the name of Mira.

"Ah, posturing and brawls between teammates. It's just like being back in Starfighter Command," he remarked to her, smiling slightly.

TAG: Mira

-----

Imperial Research Station 7-9-9, deep space

Mephet'ran strode through the corridors of the station he had seized from its former masters many years ago. Six of his non-force using warriors followed behind him, clad in dark black, partially organic armor that actually provided some protection against blaster fire. Two scientists, one dark jedi and one normal, strode alongside him, though a pace or two back.

The station had come in handy, as its inhabitants had already delved into experimentation on sentient beings, as well as augmentation. The Imperials were always interested in super sold

22. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

"Heh," Jarrod sneered. "I'm nowhere near done yet. I'm not even bleeding, Kai. Your work is left unfinished." With that, Jarrod rose quickly, jumping as soon as he got to his feet. He landed behind Kai, and turned around with a violent roundhouse punch from his robotic arm. The punch was aimed at Kai's head.

23. Mirax-Terrik

Nov 22, 2002
    "Ah, posturing and brawls between teammates. It's just like being back in Starfighter Command,"

Mira laughed lightly at what the NRI officer's comment.

"Of course, and do you really think you could get a bunch of men together and them not try to kill each other. How long were you in Starfighter Command?"

Tag:Coota

24. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    "I was there for about fifteen years; during the Rebellion I was a crew chief for a fighter squadron, and during the New Republic I worked mostly in the SC Office of Special Investigations. Worked cases involving Starfighter Command personnel and equipment, anything from murder to theft to drug rings. When they closed the OSI down, I got shifted over to the NRI. Been working there ever since, but I'm still doing the same things I was doing with OSI."

"So, I've been checking up, out of habit, and while you've got some interesting criminal marks going pretty far back, it's mostly been pardoned. What do you do these days? I wouldn't think that freelancing for the NR would be enough action for you."

TAG: Mira

25. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    Serin watched the display of testosterone with increasing annoyance. For a few moments, it seemed as if even Kai was losing himself to the fight.

Those thoughts died when Kai knocked Jarrod down, and offered his hand in friendship. Jarrod's response was dark and angry. He jumped right over Kai's head in a move that was admittedly impressive, but none the less overly agressive for what was supposed to be simple sparring.

As soon as he'd landed, Jarrod started swinging around into a punch with his robotic arm, aimed at the back of Kai's head.

That was the last straw for Serin. She was up in a flash. "That's ENOUGH!" She shouted, using the Force to amplify her voice to a point where there would be no doubt in anyone hearing. To drive her point home, she'd given Kai a quick pull two feet away from Jarrod. She was well aware he could've easily handled himself, but she didn't care.

Slowly stalking forward, her eyes dark and looking into Jarrod's, she spoke in a low voice, but loud enough for everyone to hear. "Jarrod, you are not fighting whoever killed your fiance. You are not fighting the scientists who created you. Kai is your ally...this is called sparring, he doesn't need to draw your blood."

Taking her eyes off Jarrod to look at the others gathered around, before looking back at Jarrod, "We are all in this together! And acting like a bunch of psychopaths is not productive. Kai would never say this because he's a much better Jedi than I am. But the fact is, if you can't be into this mission in the way you should be, if you can't stop focusing on trying to figure out who has the biggest...ego, let's just call it and be polite, then you have no place on this mission, or on this ship."

She looked at everyone again, he eyes lingering on Kai for a second before she stormed off out of the hangar, the door slamming shut behind her.

TAG: Everyone in the hangar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.