main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gavin Darklighter dead???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by FTaylor213, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FTaylor213

FTaylor213 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2001
    i was reading some thread and it said Gavin is dead. Was it something in Star by Star? I still havent read SbS and Rebirth so i dont know what went on except for the big things, im not really up to date on all the deaths, and did Corran die or something

2. borskfums371

borskfums371 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    I've read all the NJO's and I haven't read anything like that. Gavin and Corran should be still alive.

3. Jedi Novaga Sage

Jedi Novaga Sage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 1999
    no deaths of corran or Gavin..it would be a big issue so i cant see missing that

4. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    That was probably me. I'm sorry to have scared you, but if you have a look at the thread again, i think we were discussing Isard and whether or not she was dead. The thing is, some sources say she is, X-wing #8 alludes that she isn't. It's probably on a Lusankya thread. Anyway, someone brought up that the EC said she was dead, and then we started going on about how books and other sources say characters die, sometimes it's true sometimes it's not. I gave a list that included Gavin, Corran, Madine and some others but so as not to spoil anyone, i didn't say who lived and who died. Gavin was among the ones that lived, btw :)

There's a scene in Bacta War when he and Riv Shiel are attacked from behind by a Victory SD. Gavin pulls off a miraculous escape, but for a while the Rogues think he's dead.

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Gav was talking to Kyp right before the final attack in SbS, so he isn't dead yet.

6. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Col. Darklighter is still alive and well.

7. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    No he's not dead, and neither is corran.

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Anyway, someone brought up that the EC said she was dead, and then we started going on about how books and other sources say characters die, sometimes it's true sometimes it's not."

I expanded on that thought in that thread by bringing in paraphrased thoughts by dan wallace from a discussion I had with him about a few months back, if anyone cares.

9. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    unfortunately, gavin probably will be dead by the end of njo... maybe even in enemy lines? after all, he's not quite major enough to have to die in a hardcover, and we know allston is good at writing deaths, and his books are about the rogues and wraiths...

10. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    So, who takes over Rogue Squadron?

11. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    If Gavin were to die at any point in the series, my money's on Inyri Forge for who takes over Rogue Squad.
    She's basically second in command of the squadron (the squadron is broken up into three flights, Gavin's in charge of everyone, but when they split up he takes One Flight with him, Inyri's in charge of Two Flight, and I can't remember off-hand who's in charge of Three Flight).

12. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    i posted a thread a whilke back asking who of the original people in X-Wing Rogue Squadron were still alive. I didnt get anyone saying that Ooryl was alive. He got his arm chopped off then it grew back, but thats all i know and no one else said anything about him. He was cool.
    Is he dead or alive?

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Ooryl is still alive, but retired from the squadron.

14. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    Yes, Val, someone out there does care. Excuse me for a moment while i go look for him <picks up macrobinoculars, and shudders in fright at the sight of 9 other Chissdudes> :p

Seriously, from what i can remember, the Dan Wallace quote pretty much said that it was open to reader interpretation. Not exactly the confidence inspiring denial i was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.