main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gay EU Characters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dylan24601, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    I don't see why you'd think that. I haven't made any attempt whatsoever to inculcate an unreasoning fear of the aforementioned group in your mind.

Not a disease, but rather a problematic psychological condition almost inevitably accompanied by debilitating medical and psychiatric problems.

2. Durnar

Durnar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2004
    You've never actaully met a gay person before have you?

3. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Several, actually. How about you?

No, never mind, I already had that answered.

4. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    Yes actually. Im friends with quite a few gay and lesbian people. None of them have mental or physical problems like you're implying that they are.

5. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Perhaps no visible ones, but the occurence of such conditions is more common than not.

6. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    Because Im friends with people Im suddenly unable to see they have major mental deficits? No, thats crap tbh. Theyre all perfectly socially adjusted and do very well at college, have stable relationships and good lives.
    In fact, the most unbalanced of all of me and my friends is probably me, the straight one. After all, Im the one spending my time arguing on an Internet message board.

7. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    You'll note that I edited my original message.

At any rate, I can't very well decide for certain that your homosexual friends are or are not happy, contented and well-adjusted, having never met them and not knowing anything about them beyond what you've chosen to disclose, but I'm simply telling you that the fact is that homosexual behaviour and practices more often than not lead to highly problematic mental and physical conditions.

8. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    And Im saying that 1. There is no fact of that whatsoever and 2. Thats belief is very obviously coloured by your own attitudes towards gay people, much more than mine is towards my friends.

9. KKruhks_Hat

KKruhks_Hat Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2005
    What's so bad about being psychologically maladjusted!?

We're meant to be like this. It's the people who've been cleansed of their thetans you should be worried about... ;) [face_mischief] :p

--
    K'Kruhks' Hat

10. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    You know what I mean though McHat. The way Mandolorian is describing gay people is saying that they are fundementally wrong in their lifestyle choices, which is not only wrong, but deeply offensive.

11. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Oddly enough, I view your position in exactly the same way.

Now, in the kinder, gentler, diverse, accepting, multi-viewpoint-respecting postmodernist society we live in, I'm assuming that ordinarily this would be the point where we weep tears of understanding over our new-found common ground, and celebrate diversity over steaming mugs of commune-grown herbal tea while tearfully discussing the joys of non-descrimination.

But somehow, I'm getting the impression that that particular scenario is rather unlikely to come to pass.o_O

12. KKruhks_Hat

KKruhks_Hat Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2005
    Durnar: Gah! I wasn't meant to post that with this sock on my head...

My comment was a general comment on the human condition, and one that I hope sidesteps the debate and asks everyone to reflect for a moment on their POV, to recognize not so much a strength in diversity as a shared humanity. And one that often shows our attitudes and concerns up as absurd, or at best frivolous.

Can I call for a moment of quiet meditation from everyone in this thread?

--
    Thanks,
    K'Kruhk's Hat

13. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    Now to me, under you're really childish sarcasm, it looks a lot like you'd prefer the world to stay happily discriminated. Which Im sure you wouldnt want if you were part of the discriminated against group.

14. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    You do me no credit, Durnar. That was adolescent sarcasm at the very least.[face_laugh]

How painstakingly observant.

I am discriminated against, and I would really rather appreciate it if the discriminatory parties would be honest enough to admit that they are doing so.o_O

15. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    What the hell? How are you dsicriminated against? Thats no different from a racist saying hes discriminated against by black people being considered equal to everyone else.

And the fact that you're now admittiding that you want the world to stay discriminated against gay people is disgusting in all honesty.

16. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Now that's a knee-jerk reaction, in case you're taking notes Maverick.

Have you actually been reading anything I've said? I don't want homosexuals persecuted, and I don't want them misstreated. I do, however, want them to stop pursuing their self-destructive lifestyles, doing irreparable harm to the bodies and minds, and trying to convince the rest of the population at large that their activities are "normal" and/or "perfectly healthy".

That, sir, is discrimination to your mind.

17. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    Self-destructive and harmful in your opinion. Theres no proof of gay lifestyles being any of that, despite what your own prejudices may tell you. Its not like gay people are wantonly promiscuous or full of sexual diseases any more than the average heterosexual person is.

18. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    *cough, cough*

Uh, you have done some research on the subject, havent you?

19. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    Yes actually. And if your refering to things like AIDS, thats decreasing rapidly among homosexuals because they, as a group in the 80s, took action against in in using more sexual protection and cutting down on the numbers of sexual partners. Unlike heterosexuals, who have rocketing levels of STIs, unwanted pregnancys and general sex related issues.

20. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    This is a pretty ridiculous argument. Sorry Quiet_Mandalorian, spouting lies to justify your own bigotry isn't going to help you win this one. But then again, we've seen you say some pretty ridiculous things on these boards in the past so...argue away.

21. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Coming from you, of all people, I'm going to have to take that as a compliment of the most extreme magnitude.o_O

Not taking into account, of course, the consistant return towhat are euphemistically referred to as "unsafe sex practices" as soon as the initial crisis was deemed to have abated somewhat, precipitating another rise, in a sort of "roller-coaster" effect.

None of which would be an issue if abstinence until marriage was encouraged.

22. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    >This is a pretty ridiculous argument. Sorry Quiet_Mandalorian, spouting lies to justify your own bigotry isn't going to help you win this one. But then again, we've seen you some pretty ridiculous things on these boards in the past so...argue away.<

Well, he can argue on without me. Im incredibly sick of this thread, and the frankly shocking attitude of quiet_mandolorian. Ill leave it for the mods to delete.

23. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Or, in other words, you've run out of arguments to support your position.

24. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    You know, Quiet_Mandalorian, with people like you around, I wouldn't blame homosexuals if they did have mental problems. o_O

25. Durnar

Apr 10, 2004
    Truly the most petty of comebacks, seeing as Id made my last post having read Mavs, and then saw yours, which btw, is once again pushing your own opinions of abstinence etc. That may be what you believe, but that doesnt make it a valid point in a debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.