main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo G'day

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by oldbenk31, Aug 31, 2009.

1. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey fellow SW fans, just moved here from Australia and was part of their forum down there and was a member of the Rocky Mountain Fan Force before that. I was hoping that there were other fans around here to do stuff with.

2. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Hey! Welcome to the area!

We're a pretty small group here, Salt Lake was bigger but their boards were closed due to inactivity, I think. (Not that we're much better.) But we're mostly in Provo, I think there's a couple members spread out from here to Lehi or something.

Are there any activities you'd like to see?

3. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    I was hoping to find a group that would do movie openings, maybe a meeting every now and then, bbq, trips to conventions with, swap costume ideas, stuff like that.

4. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Yeah, we do more of 'activities' than 'meetings', and that's typically the kind of thing we do. (Well, we've never all been to a con together, sadly, cause most of us are poor students or debt-ridden graduates, lol.)

I wonder if we organized a bbq (probably potluck) for this month if we'd get many RSVP's. Or a trip to the dollar movie theater or something. Ahh sadly, people are busy and forget about activities. I need to bump up the activity suggestion thread, and you've got a great bunch there. :) (Sorry, thinking out loud as CR.)

5. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Sounds like a plan. A Dollar Movie outting sounds good. As CR you should set something up. I wonder how many would show for the right movie.

6. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Now that my life is getting back in order, I want to see about setting something up for September, yeah. I set a lot of things up but we're so small that even on the best of days there's hardly anyone in attendance. ;)

7. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    How far of a drive is Provo from Salt Lake?

8. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Around 45-60 min., depending on traffic and what suburb you live in.

9. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Live in Midvale-are there other SLC fans who drive down for meetings or events?

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    You might want to PM someone like Maroldh. She'd know.

11. ShineBox

ShineBox Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2005
    You guys should all come to Geek Movie night up in SLC on Sunday...

Brewvies... Free Double Feature and then there's the beer. I don't know how many of you that interests, but it's always of interest to me.

They're showing Smokey and the Bandit and Roadhouse...

Movies start at 5, but you should get there early.

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry, but no car and have to do things like run choir for church on Sundays.