main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Gearing up for CLONE WARS

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    With the release of Star Wars: The Clone Wars this coming August, Star Wars is back where it should be - on the BIG SCREEN. To help get us excited (not that some of us need help getting excited about Star Wars :p), I've arranged something special...

Beginning this month, and once a month for the next 6 months until the release of CLONE WARS, I've arranged a special viewing of each of the SW films at the theatre I work at. Viewings will be late at night, usually starting at 12:30 AM. Dates are as follows:

March 15 - TPM
    the rest TBA.

Movies will be shown in chronological order.

There are a few conditions:
    *FF members ONLY (sorry, you can't bring your friends). I need to KNOW you, as I'm vouching for you to my boss.
    *Please don't advertise this on your blogs, fan-sites or any such places. We are viewing DVD copies of the films, but I don't want to take the chance of getting shut down or having my work face a fine. Keep it on the down-low as one of the managers is doing it as a favour, and because he's a fellow fan. I will not be posting the location (if you don't already know), but if you need to know, please PM me.

It's going to be an awesome time!!

2. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    That's awesome Yrol! Thanks for arranging this!

I REALLY REALLY hope I can make it out at least once! I may have to do some CRAZY shift-swapping and make some sacrifices.

3. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    This sounds great, Yrol! Thanks for organizing this.

4. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    that is cool love to be there

5. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Kick A$$ will be there for all of the movies, Phantom Menace back on the big screen it will be 1999 all over again.

6. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Thanks a lot that is awesome hope I can make it to some of them I work most Sundays at 5 so we'll see.

7. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    sounds great. Where are you showing them?

8. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Would me abd my family be able to come? I know you've met them all at C4 and various meetings before.

9. JKCY47

JKCY47 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2007
    Well you can count me in! just let me know where and I will be there.

10. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    :D I'm in.

11. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Unfortunately, the manager who offered to run the screening this weekend, is going to be out of town. And none of the other managers are willing to stay to run it either.

So, regrettably, this weekends TPM screening is postponed until I can reschedule it.

Sorry guys - I was really looking forward to this, and I know many of you were too. I'll let you know as soon as I've got another date nailed down.

:_|

12. Thoneon

May 15, 2007
    ok this works for my time table becuse i was unable to make it anyway

13. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    That's a bummer!

Thanks for getting this set up Yrol, can't wait till we're able to see TPM on the big screen again. :)

14. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    We're back ON!! TPM screening will be held THIS SATURDAY, MARCH 22ND.

The theatre is asking each of you to bring a dollar, that will be donated to a charity - we'll be doing this each viewing. It's not a lot and I think it's a great idea.

Meet at midnight - sharp!! Back by the BAR area. I won't wait long for straglers so please be on time.

Again - I'm not posting the location. So if you need to know, PM me. Also, just a reminder - this is for FF members only (spouses and/or children are okay).

15. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Okee Dooku!

16. Thoneon

May 15, 2007
    this sill does not work with my planing o well i have to wach it at my theatre

17. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    Phantom Menace on the big screen for a dollar. What an age we live in. :cool: Can't wait!

~StacyD

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    It's just after 5 AM, and I'm just getting home from watching one of the greatest movies on film. A mere 2 hours ago, we finished watching The Phantom Menace on the big screen - and it was GLORIOUS!!! Took me right back to May 1999, when I saw it for the first time (and 12 times after that). Made me feel the same things - awe, shock and gratitude. Awe at the grandeur of film (the scenescapes and visual mastery of so many scenes), shock at things I never expected to see (I didn't know a light saber could do that??!!!) and gratitude towards George Lucas - for continuing to make movies that fuel my imagination, and inspire me never to be afraid to take chances with my dreams.

I LOVE THE PHANTOM MENACE [face_love] [face_love]

Thanks to everyone who made it out tonight!! And special thanks to James, who made it all possible =D=

AOTC on April 12th!!!

19. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    KICK A$$ thanks to Yrol for making this possible as it was May 1999 all over again tonight. The movie gets better and better everytime I see it and back on the big screen was like Yrol said GLORIOUS.

Bring on Attack of the Clones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

20. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    AWESOME is all I can say. Makes me wish we were all together back then to watch it as a group like last night. Thanks Yrol for making it happen.

Bring on the Clones!!!!!

21. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    That was awesome indeed. Next time I'm going to need some caffeine though. I was staying awake by my sheer love of Star Wars.

22. jacksonfett

jacksonfett Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    thanks for hosting the event it was great to meet new faces and to relive 19 again!.

23. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    Seeing Phantom Menace on the big screen again? Fun.

Seeing it with fellow fans and friends? Awesome beyond comparison.

Can't wait for Clones! [face_dancing]

~StacyD

24. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Bump!!

April 12 for Clones Who's in??

25. Thoneon

May 15, 2007
    I really really whould like to go but i am going cammping this weekend with my scout groop so im SOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.