main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Gearing up for CLONE WARS

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Just a reminder - this Saturday is the ESB screening!! It's going to be a galactic night:-B [face_devil]

Friends and family are welcome to join us - remember $1 per person please. Thanks!

2. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    me +1

3. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    ESB on the big screen. This is going to be an epic week. Brown Milk, 5 Toed pigs, Nautical craft and who would compete in this event, and finally to end the week with EBS.

4. Reilong_Dri

Reilong_Dri Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2008
    yay count me in for this one, yay for day off!

5. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks for coming out last night everyone - it was fantastic to see ESB on the big screen again!!

Mark your calendars for Aug 9th - Return of the Jedi. And then it's CLONE WARS!!!

6. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    This Saturday, August 9th, is the screening for ROTJ. Place and meeting time remain the same. Please remember to bring your $1!!

What a great way to spend the summer - watching Star Wars on the big screen [face_love]

7. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    We will be there. Oh and when do clone wars tickets go on sale? Or have they already and I'm outta the loop?

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    They haven't gone on sale yet, as far as I know. But I'm sure someone will post as soon as they do!

9. Obi_Wan_Cody

Jun 23, 2007
    Ok. The last thing I want is to miss the pre-sale tix or something equally stoopid.

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Just checked the Cineplex and Empire sites - nothing on sale as yet....

11. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    I'm very excited! Are we doing the line at Chinook?

12. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    It would be nice if we could have some kind of costumed presence on opening day. The first showing would probably be out since everyone will be in line, but I imagine the rest of the day could benefit from some costume hype.

13. vonScott

vonScott Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2006
    Whuh... buh... uh... gee.

I cannot believe that I missed out on this! Episodes one through six on the big screen, once per month, starting way back in March. I'd love to be able to view Episode six this Saturday, but the midnight film festival is running at the Plaza, and the Kabuki Guns Burlesque are performing for the preshow.

Let's see... RotJ, or lovely ladies teasing the brain as they strip down accompanied by rockabilly... tough call.

I'll be at the meeting on the 12th. See you then!

14. AaylaIsMyWife

AaylaIsMyWife Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2007
    Ok guys Yrol just contacted me and told me we are on for Jedi tonight; be there at 11:30 sharp because we're going in right at midnight.

15. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Y.N.B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11.

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks to everyone who attended the final show of our SW marathon (it was interesting to watch the show in the 'swamp green' tint. Apparently they couldn't get the colour quite right on the DVD player).

Perhaps we can do it again sometime soon. I'll post the tally of what we managed to collect once I get a chance to count it all. And at Tuesdays meeting we can decide which charity we'd like to donate it to.

STAR WARS is FOREVER!!!

17. Obi_Wan_Cody

Jun 23, 2007
    Yestarday was chalk full of star wars goodness. I had a great time watching both movies. And having lunch with my good friends. Thanks to everyone.

18. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I'll be watching the first showing in my line shirt, then changing into my Anakin gear to troop for the afternoon. Pete, if you like I can pick you up and you can keep your beskar'gam in my car for the movie, then change afterwards.

19. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    It was ok seeing ROTJ on the big screen the yellow lightsabers were "interesting" and maybe if we do it again we should keep it to FanForce members cause who ever the **** kept laughing when the Emperor showed up pissed me off.

20. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm with you too!

21. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm not sure how busy the afternoon shows will be, but if you're looking to make the biggest impact with your costumes, you should wear them in the evening...(just my two cents).

22. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Just wanted to let you guys know we raised $117.00 from our screening proceeds - well done!!

We should decide where the proceeds should be donated - I was thinking the Children's Hospital?? Any other suggestions?

23. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Canadian Diabetes Association :D.

24. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    CF or The children hospital

25. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    What is CF?