Gearing up for PhilCon - Dec 12-14, 2003

Discussion in 'King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    It's that time - now we're back from Dragon Con we need to start planning and getting ready for PhilCon in December.

I will need the following from our membership:

- Members to staff the table Friday-Sunday (times TBA - usually Fri noon-6, Sat 10-6, Sun 10-2)
    - 2 members to assist Wendy with charity related events at the con
    - 2-3 members to assist me in planning the Sat night party after the masq.
    - Volunteers to be on costuming panels (if Hugh got permission to do them)
    - 1 member to assist me with invitation to regional groups and individuals
    - 1 member to assist me with obtaining patches/t-shirts and perhaps temporary tattoos/stickers, etc

We will need at least one of our Archivists to be present to act as official photographer. If neither of you can do it, I'll work with you to assign the job to someone else for the weekend.

Also, it would be good if a few of us entered the masquerade contest. I still need to find out more information about it and what is required. No details are posted on the website yet.

If you are interested in one of the jobs above, please post your interest in this thread. I will be in touch with you via private email about what to do next. :)

Thanks all!
    Jenni

2. jackdoud Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think I'll be home in time for this. My finals are on the week of the 8th and most likly my flight home will be on the 10th or 11th. I can take pictures and sit in on the costuming panel if it happens, as well as hang out around the table.

-Jack
  3. Khemist_Karla Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd be happy to volunteer for any of these three:
    - Members to staff the table Friday-Sunday (times TBA - usually Fri noon-6, Sat 10-6, Sun 10-2)
    - 2 members to assist Wendy with charity related events at the con
    - 2-3 members to assist me in planning the Sat night party after the masq.

Just let me know where the help is needed. My only thing is, that I can't get the whole day off on the 12th, so I took a half day. I probably won't be able to get there till about 2PM.

Karla
  4. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Jack: That's great news! You and Rick can be in two places at once to cover picture taking.

Karla: I'll put you on for staffing the table on either Sat or Sun. You can pick the second thing you want to do - either work with Wendy on charity stuff or work with me on planning the Sat. party. :)

Thanks guys!
  5. JediMom3 Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey Jenni,

What is the bidding my master.

Count me in for helping on the invitations with you.
    I can man the table either Sat/Sun
    I can help with planning the party or with Wendy and charity stuff. Just let me know. Andrea. :D
  6. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    You guys rock! Thanks Andrea.

You can help me with invites (they'll mostly be emails) and I'll let you choose what else you want to do.

I think everyone will man the table at least once...we'll do it in pairs so we don't get lonely. :)

Jenni
  7. Skidder Jedi Knight

star 3
  8. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Thanks Chris! I'll put you at the table for a bit. Anything else you'd like to help with?

:)
  9. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Who ever wants to give me a hand getting the charity end of this thing going, please either pm or email me directly. :D
  10. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Update as of 9-06-03

Table Staffing:
    Andrea, Karla, Chris, me, Wendy, Rick, Emmi, Natasha

Times TBA. I'll try to pair you up so you don't get lonely. :)

I'd like every member attending the con to staff the table at least once. We'll also get assistance from other chapters once we know who is attending.

11. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I have this marked on my calander and will do whatever is needed. :D

So we should be able to make it.
  12. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    I am hoping to attend and would be willing to help out with staffing the table as well as being on costuming panels and helping with invites and/or "obtaining patches/t-shirts and perhaps temporary tattoos/stickers, etc". I am really looking forward to this.
  13. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Update to Table Staffing:
    Table Staffing:
    Andrea, Karla, Chris, me, Wendy, Rick, Emmi, Natasha, Dave
  14. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Dave,
    Since you've volunteered, would you investigate embroidered patches and shirts with the KofP logo. I don't really have a color in mind but bear in mind some folks will want long sleeves b/c of winter - also try to base on colors in the logo.

For the patches we'll need:
    What they require from us
    Minimum purchase and cost per patch

Shirts:
    Cost per shirt - base it on 15. Everyone, if you want a shirt, you must pay for it yourself! :)

Also, check out getting our logo on stickers or temporary tattoos. Or we could come up with something catchy for the Tattoos and relate it to attending PhilCon.

Keep me posted on your findings through private email. Let's discuss as you get info and then make a decision based on cost, availability, etc. Thanks!

15. marajsky06 Jedi Padawan

Since I'm the new kid on the block I'll be glad to help,but Friday is out for me, I work until 5pm. But if you need any help on Sat or Sun just let me know.

Thanks and MTFBWY...A,
    Marajsky (aka Char Liesner)
  16. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    No worries about Friday. I'm sure Wendy (Maleficant) and I will take care of the day-time stuff. Lots of jobs listed at the top of this thread plus the PhilCon planning thread..so just tell us what you want to do. I would like everyone to help staff the table at least once. :)

17. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Update on Volunteers:

Table Staffing: Andrea, Karla, Chris, me, Wendy, Rick, Emmi, Natasha, Dave, Char

Invitations: Me, Andrea

Patches/T-shirts/Temp Tattoos/Stickers: Dave

Charity: Wendy, ?

Party: Me, ?

Costume Panels: ?, ?, ?

Archivists - You guys need to be running around, taking pics of our costume panels, table staffing, charity stuff and any thing else the con asks us to do. If you want to sit on a panel, then the other one should be out doing the Archivist thing. :)

Ok guys, I need definite commitments from those of you that want to do more than staff the table. Wendy needs assistance with the charity stuff and I need help with planning and organizing the party. Also, get crackin' on those costume panel suggestions and indicate whether you'd like to run it as well.

:)
  18. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Jenni if I'm running around taking pictures I won't be able to man a table. I'm good but I can't be in two places at once :D
  19. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Rick, I was starting to think we could clone you so you could be in 2 places at once, but one of you is bad enough... :p
  20. jackdoud Jedi Knight

star 1
    What day(s) are you going to be there Rick? I'm definitly going to be there Saturday. I don't have any plans for Friday or Sunday yet but I wanted to leave them open since I will have just gotten back from school and I'm sure my family will want to do something.

-Jack
  21. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I must say I agree Dave.. One of me is all the world can handle..

Jack, If all goes well Sat and Sun.. but if I can't do both then just Sat. I don't know yet.
  22. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Update on Staffing for PhilCon Planning:

Table:
    Rick and Jack - I'll put you both on a shorter shift at the table - maybe an hour or so since you gotta take pics there anyway. I want pics of us, plus us talking to potential new members. So that solves the problem of you being in two places at once! :)

All the same table staff as listed previously. I'd like everyone to work at least one shift - which is about 3-4 hours. Me and whoever else is available will do the entire day Friday so we only need to fill up Sat and Sun. If we have enough folks sign up, your shift may go down to 2 -3 hours.

Charity Planning: Wendy and Karla - could use one more!

Party Planning: Me and Andrea - could use 1-2 more!

Costume Panels: I will head that up - but we will all be helping out in some form or other. I will be sending costume panel ideas to Hugh on Sept 26 for his review. He will let us know what he wants and then it's up to us to 'staff' the panel either from our own group or others we know that can do it. I'd love to see a good number of us represented on the panels.

Masquerade: Think about whether we want to enter as a SW group. OR think about whether you want to enter individually or just watch. This is a Costume Guild sanctioned contest so the costumes should be pretty phenomenal.

Registration: If you did not get a form from me last night, go NOW to the PhilCon website, print one out, fill it out and get it in the mail to me ASAP. Deadline is Oct 15 which is less than four weeks away! PM me for my mailing address.

<Transmission end>
  23. -GIMPY- Jedi Padawan

Hey, I am the new guy Dan from last night I am definitely going to go and am more than willing to help out with what ever is needed.
  24. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey Dan so glad you made it here!! I'm Wendy. :)
  25. JediMom3 Jedi Master

star 1
    Welcome to Dan the Man :D

Love your screen name and icon! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.