main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gee, it's only 19 days till YJR is released...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by BigPoppaJabba, Jun 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    And Decipher have done what on their site. Two articles. WHOOOOPEEEEEE.

I'm not joking around here. It is a good game, with great gameplay and D is just letting it die.

Well done people here for getting us spoilers and previews, since D doesn't feel like doing anything else for the game.

JK already has about 16 cards showing, (and they're worth the look, BTW) a contest, a big flashy thing across the top of the site.

YJ has... two articles. No on site spoilers, no strategy articles. Nuthin. Not that i coukld find anything.

I teach students who love YJ. They don't get SW:CCG, and anyway, they want to play an all-episode 1 game. D is letting them down.

D makes a big deal in their article about the fact that Scrye claimed YJ to be one of the best card games of all time. Well treat it as such D!

For anyone who hasn't tried YJ, give it a go for goodness sakes! Even to fill in time betweem SW:CCG games. It's more of a challenge than it appears to be and is great fun.

2. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Though I can't really go into details, the fact that there has been no hype for the YJR was do mostly to a miscommunication not a lack of interest. I hope to be working with them to help them get about a month's worth of hype into about 2 weeks. So stay tuned ;)
    (And fore the record, you can thank Gold 4's initiative for getting us the SRL spoilers.)

3. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    What did you mean by a miscommunication? (A genuine question, not a sarcastic one.

4. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Just that--there was a miscommunication ;) The details aren't really important so much as I wanted everyone here to understand that Decipher is committed to making sure that Reflections has the oppurtunity to putting YJ back on the map. The timeframe we have to work with is a bit last-minute, which means that we have to help Decipher spread the word to the gaming community.

5. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanx for clearing that up. It just seemed disapponting that the game recieved the lack of attention it did.

I'm not one to complain about Decipher. They do a good job with the Star Wars Franchise. It just seemed a shame that the YJ game was seemingly being neglected. I think that Yj is an important game in their "chain" of Star Wars games.

Here's what i mean. As i said, the kids I teach [face_love]Young Jedi. They're Starwars fans and they enjoy the interactions. i bought all of the YJ starter decks specifically for them to play. It's also a good chance for them to see that their teacher is "human" and has interests that they do.

It is a game that they picked up in no time, though at ten years old, some have have difficulty in the transistion from single planet to three planet games.

Not to say that it is only a kid's game. The whole combat system is great, not knowing who your characters are going to face, If it is worth using that battle card now, etc. I have a heap of fun playing.

However, as a game that younger kids can enjoy, it is a great step up to the other games. I love the way that the complex rules of Star Wars work, especially in the sense that it makes the game "realistic" in a Star Wars sense.

But I would never try teaching it to my ten year old students. I might introduce the two player game, but anything beyond would be too much.

Young Jedi, with battle cards and sites, and advantages with controlling sites can lead players to the basics of Star Wars. And I hope that's what will happen with the introduction of Episode 1 into the SW:CCG.

YJ came out when EP:1 was still in it's prime. Kids caught onto it because it was about episode 1. My nephew wasn't interested in my SW:CCG cards because they didn't have characters he liked.

Now those younger players who are a few ywearsd older and used to the idea of card games can seek and enjoy the extra challenge of SW:CCG, using Maul, young Obi and the like.

My point (at last). Keep YJ. Keep it strong. The images are awesome, the gameplay easy but satisfying. Collect and play it for the reason that games were designed for- fun. If you've never tried YJ, then try it. You'll be surprised at how enjoyable it can be.

'nuff sed.

6. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Don't get me wrong either :) I said that Decipher was committed to YJ Reflections. I am still very disappointed in them for their lack of motivation (dare I say committment?) to YJ leading up to this point. But being a guy who's always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt in hopes of seeing a turn-a-round, that is what I'm giving D with YJR--along with my committment to help them help the game. And having said that, if you're excited about YJR, be sure to visit TFN frequently next week as we will be bringing you (as promised) some very cool exclusives ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.