main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Geek Syndicate At Celebration Europe (A grreeting and a request)

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by paladinb, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paladinb

paladinb Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2007
    Hi all...I've just read back the title of this post and I hope it deosn't come off as prententious as it sounds as a first post onto this forum. My name is Barry Nugent and I'm a huge Star wars fan (though slighty more of an Indiana Jones fan but I hope no one will hold it against me:oops: ) I saw the orginal trilogy first time round as a kid and just loved it (TESB being mave fave along with yoda been my fave star wars character). Anyway over the years I've always checked the force.net for news and stuff but never posted on it's forum until now.

As well as being a huge star wars fan I also co host a podcast with my best friend (and ever bigger stars wars fan) David Montieth. The podcast is called Geek Syndicate . We've been going now for really a year with over 40 episodes and 5 or 6 specials under our belt.

We focus on all thing geeky from books,tv,comics, games, gagets and movies. Anyway we've been lucky enough to get a media pass for the celebration (we've already covered the bristol and birminham comic conventions for those of you who may have attended) and are hoping to do some recording for a multi part special on the Celebration weekend. We've already put in requests to interview the big names (but to be honest we're not holding out much hope but you never know).

What we always like to do is interview a few of the fans attending both during the day and ususally in the evening once we've all had a few beers(though the quality usually slips at this point :) ) to the their reactions to the event and stuff.

So just this post is just to say we'll be wandering about (hopefully wearing geek syndicate t-shirts so shouldn't be too hard to spot) so feel free to say hi so we can have a quick five minute chat if that's cool with you.

If you're interested in learning more about what we do then please check out the special we did on the entire star wars saga..old and new. This was our 2nd episode so we still a bit nervous...and drunk.

Star wars special

Also check out our 20 min promo episode which should give you a kinda flavour of what we do.

Thanks guys and hope to see some of you over the weekend. (just seen the've got a soundtrack concert on as well!!! man I really can't wait for this weekend!!)

[image=http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/paladinbn/rogue.jpg][image=http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/paladinbn/BARRYINDY.jpg]
    [image=http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/paladinbn/geek-syndicate-metal.jpg]

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome to the boards Barry :cool:
    Impressive stuff on the Geek Syndicate, I'll definitely say "hi" if I see you wandering around. Fan Force also has a table at CE, so please stop by there on your wanders :D

Not sure if I have the voice for radio (definitely not the face for TV :p ), but I am happy to chat (with recording devices off :p )

Look forward to seeing you there!

3. paladinb

paladinb Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2007
    thanks mate and I'll definately stop by now I know you have a table. Trust me on the voice thing I feel the same way but if you give our star wars special or promo a listen you see that whiskey helps...a lot! [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.