[Geek Women Unite!] Submit Personal Essays to a book about Female Geeks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    approved for posting by Healer_Leona

This was passed onto me by the CR of the Tucson Fan Force. What a wonderful opportunity for women who are "geeks"!

2. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Actually approved by all the fanfic mods. ;)

Being fanfic is so highly populated by ladies, certianly here and that SW has mainly been seen to a Boys Only Club, at least from what I've heard in life, :rolleyes: we thought this would be a lovely exercise for any who were interested. :D
  3. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As one of my freinds said, I'm teh biggest geek he ever met, so I'm in.

Fanficcer as well as former Math Club/Mathcounts team member,

SilSolo
  4. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    *puts on computer science major hat*

Ohhh, I'm gonna have fun with this one. It's always fun being the only girl in the lab, and knowing more about Star Wars than anyone else in there. :p
  5. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Funny thing is, when I was in grade school, I was the only girl with all the guys playing sports. :p I guess that's a form of geekiness, right? [face_laugh]

I hope a lot of females out there submit something. Geekiness is something to be proud of! And come on - when you see the scantily-clad bar wenches in RPGs, don't you wish there could be scantily-clad guys? [face_batting] :p
  6. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Mathlete! :p

You know, I never RPGed as a kid but I was the Tomboy who as an 11 year old would go work out with the boys Varsity LaCross team [face_laugh]
  7. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    From the time I was about 12 yrs old...I was the only girl allowed to hang with my older brothers friends.. because I was into all the sci fi games, jaunts, and outings.. a token girl among all those good looking guys three to five yrs older than I was.. do you know how much fun I had!!! I was even there when the girlfriends were not allowed to tag along.. I wound up with tons of friends.. wanting dates.. they figured go through the girl that knew those guys the best. I just wish more than the love and respect of sci fi had rubbed off.. I can write.. but math and chemistry are so beyond my comprehension..

I should love this in any case.. writing I can actually do.. plus the bonus of remembering what was.. and what still is. :)
  8. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So, who else is going to do this? :D
  9. PadwanKayla Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I think I qualify for the title of geek. :p I loved maths and sciences in high school, did computer programming for 10 years, and when I was married was the one who replaced hard-drives, cd-roms etc in my home computer, did all the TV, stereo wiring, played the video games and am a sci-fi fanatic, especially SW. Sounds like I could come up with something for an essay. Proud to wear the geek title!
  10. Celina_Marniss864 Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is absolutely spectacular! It's about time we femmegeeks got some acknowledgement. I'm most certainly going to have a go at this. Heck, I've got enough stories about being "the only girl" to fill a book! And personally, I've always loved it. It gives me great pleasure to break into the male-dominated areas of society. It's sort of the final frontier of feminism. We won the right to vote, the right to enlist in the military. Now our generation is fighting for our right to geekdom. Gosh, I'm inspired. :D
  11. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I might. I think I qualify. :-B
  12. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    :-B

I simply MUST do this! ;)

oldj
  13. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Excuse me while I wipe the look of shock of my face.

And I will definitely be submitting an essay [face_mischief]
  14. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's more than that. I was also in the High School Math Club for two years and in the second year, I wrote azn invazn on the board when we competed at Rose-Hulman's Institute of Technology, and it was hilarious watching all teh guys pointing fingers at each other until I 'fessed up.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.