main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Gems of the Mind - More thank yous July 24th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Seven, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars. Nor do I own Master Ith'esock. She belongs to Master Arulmozhi.

Seven's Notes: ~bows~ Hello all, and thank you for reading. This is dedicated to my wonderful Master, ithesock/Princess_Arulmozhi. As she had not only tolerated my presence and nearly constant praise... She also helped with the technicalities and Star Wars lingo in this story. ~bows~ Thank you Master! [face_love] [:D] (Though I might have just enough defiance in me to claim that she made me post this! ...because she did!)

~waves hand in front of readers~ After you are done here... you will go read Master's stories! ~end Jedi mind trick~

Next, I would like to offer greatest praise to all of those that got nominations, and qualifiers. I wish you all luck in the voting round.

And yes, I'm done now...

Gems of the Mind

Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi was more than just a little flustered. He had not expected a simple spar with one of his age mates to conclude like this. It should have been prohibited for it to end anything like this. It should have been against the code... or something! Besides, weren't personal possessions worth anything forbidden?

And the tiny thing that his age mate had left him with seemed more than just a little expensive. The little ornament shimmered with more colors than the young Jedi could name. It was more than just simply beautiful.

There was nothing that would suggest that this small gem was as common place as his age mate had suggested.

Slowly the tired Padawan made his way back to the rooms he shared with his master, the pleas of his age mate still ringing in his ears.

~ ~ ~

?Obi-Wan! Please stop!?

Obi-Wan halted and turned to see one of his age mates. Se'ven was the Jedi student of Lore Master Ith'esock. Both traveled across the galaxy to gather tales of the Jedi. Old and new stories alike were gathered to them, seemingly more precious than anything else in this, or any other, galaxy. They were those who not only recorded the missions of the great Jedi, they could make great. Regardless of what said Jedi did.

Se'ven was nothing very special, a normal human teenager, just like him. Dark hair, with blue-gray eyes that spoke of nothing but loving devotion of the work she watched her master weave. She stopped, breathing deeply as she sunk to her knees. ?Thanks.? She smiled sunnily up at him.

?What can I help you with Padawan Se'ven?? Obi-Wan asked politely.

The tiny girl straightened immediately. ?I'm very sorry to stop you Padawan Kenobi.? She bowed, her tone sugary sweet. ?But I was hoping if, I might be so forward, you might do me a favor.?

That sent warning bells ringing all throughout his mind. Whatever this woman wanted from him, he should just say no. Nothing that anyone asked you in a tone that could make your teeth rot could ever be a good thing. He was just about to say so, when the other Padawan pulled something out of one of her pockets. It was wrapped in smooth, crisp, and clean dark blue fabric.

?What is it?? Obi-Wan asked, against his better judgment.

Se'ven giggled, in a way that Obi-Wan was sure was in no way befitting of a Jedi. ?I knew that a secret would grab your attention.? Then the young woman's face turned stern. ?You have to swear by the Force that you will not let anyone else know.?

?May I tell Master Qui-Gon??

Se'ven contemplated that for a moment. ?I think so... Master Jinn and Master Ith'esock are friends aren't they? Yes. You can tell Master Jinn.?

Obi-Wan nodded, ?Alright then... What is it??

?A Gem. It belongs to Master Ith'esock. She left it with me. I promised I'd take care of it until she had the time... But I forgot that I'm on creche duty for the next few days.? Se'ven explained before pulling the cloth from the gem, and the other Padawan gasped. ?Pretty isn't it? You're on Temple leave for the next few weeks right??

Obi-Wan nodded, ?And what am I to do with this??

Se'ven smiled sweetly. ?Just look after it. Keep it wrapped up, and try not to

2. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    You posted! [:D]

The idea of a mind-gem is unique, little One. Poor Obi, asked to take care of one orb, and then to find that it has multiplied into a veritable 'galaxy'... [face_laugh] And then the Master arrives... :D

Cute piece, padawan mine. =D=

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

A bit like the Gremlins if you feed them they multiply.
    if you feed a story it grows=D=
    Very entertaining:D

4. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Yay! Mini replies to replies!

~~~

Master, Thank you so much! [:D] You are the greatest.

And like I said, I had to post... you plotted against me! It really wasn't fair Master. And I am so glad that you liked it.

~~~

Gkilkenny, Thank you very much too.

Gremlins, you say? Intersting... [face_thinking]

I'm very glad that you liked it.

~~~

Thanks to everyone again!

5. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    I was wondering if you would ever post anything and I am very glad your Master convinced you to do so! The story was charming, Qui-Gon's let-him-suffer attitude made me laugh, and the idea of Obi-Wan swimming around in a sea of plot bunnies is just great!

You should write more, you know. I thoroughly enjoyed this [face_love]

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This is wonderful! And now that I've seen your work I'm going to pester you to write and write and write. You may be sorry! :p

Lovely! And I better see more of your work soon! ;)

7. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Oh, how very fantabulous, Seven!

I thoroughly enjoyed this ficcy. Nice characterization, especially of--*cough*--Padawan Se'ven and Master Ith'esock. It took me a minute, but I recognized the names and laughed out loud. Adorable, cutesy, and just that light, merangue-like taste that I needed after a day like today. I'm not surprised, though--how could a fic not be awesome when it features the coolest Master/Padawan pair this side of Mercury? :p

Hooray. [:D] You did marvelously! Please don't be afraid to post your work in the future.

8. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    ~stumbles into thread~

Wow... :eek: There are people here?

... Cool!

~settles down to do replies~

~

River_Stone :eek: [:D]

I was wondering if you were going to pop in here at any point. Though I admit that I am very happy you did.

And it's true! My Master made me do it! She put the bit about Lore-Masters in her siggy, and I couldn't make he explain that... so I posted it. We had a long chat about how she was plotting against me.

And more? Well, I do live to serve... Stained should be up soon.

~

VaderLVR64!

~jaw drops slightly~

Am I really good enough to have a moderator in here? :confused:

But thank you! It's greatly appreciated! [face_blush]

And how in the world can I go against a Mod? I have my next story Stained out as soon as I can get on to my account. ~grumbles about sharing a computer with her family~

Plus Master has me writting in the "Quotations Rulette" Chalenge... So you'll see more of me yet!

~

Fluff-Slayer

I get a fantabulous? Awesome!

I was wondering when someone was going to point out the names though. It makes sense though. It was inspired my a conversation about my Master. It only makes sense.

how could a fic not be awesome when it features the coolest Master/Padawan pair this side of Mercury? Really now? And which team might that be?

And have no fear... the first one is always the hardest!

~

Again, thank you to every one, and have a good read!

Seven
    @};-

9. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Told ya everyone'd love it, paddy mine. <smirks> All that plotting paid Off! [face_laugh] Best Master/padawan team this side of Mercury...Ooooh!

<goes to plot some more...>

10. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    *Is unable to resist kicking the thread back up one last time*

You know, Seven...

The cannons are great and all, but for once I wasn't talking about them. :eek: Two more guesses for you! Use them wisely.

*Gently encourages others to read the fic*

11. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Very cool idea, mind gems! :D

Obi gestured to the rather sparkily floor of the main room, and to his surprise the young woman burst out laughing. ?Obi-Wan?? She asked after a moment. ?Have you been distracted lately??

Yikes. Don't give me one, then. :p [face_laugh]

12. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    *takes gentle encouragement*

[face_laugh] Loved the names! Padawan Se'ven...Isn't that the person who wrote it? Master Ith'esock...!

Poor Obi, thought he was in trouble! And loved the last bit about the rabid plot bunnies. :D

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was adorable, Seven. Loved the whole mindgem thing and I could picture them floating around the room. Rabid plot bunnies... LOL. Good job.

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Seven, that was utterly delightful. I was thinking it turned out to be an egg of some sort but love the idea of a mind gem and how it can create ... offshoots of one's own. Unique and so very imaginative. Bravo! [:D}

16. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    You know... I still can't believe that my little story warrants so much attention! [face_blush]

~~~

Master, yes, yes, yes, and yes, you did tell me people would like it. [face_love]

And I bow to your superior wisdom. I shall never doubt you again.

But please Master! No more plotting (for the time being)! I have to write the Quote fic thingy- and my other Obi story first!

~~~

Fluff-Slayer, Back again now are you?

... Cool! [:D]

Me and my Master are the coolest?! :eek:

Thank you so much for the up!

~~~

JadeSolo!

~bows~ Thank you so much! The story was inspired when I had a conversation with one of my mothers girlfriends daughters... We were talking about my Master. And the idea hit me.

And don't worry. Right now, with my Master plotting to get me writting, I don't think I have any to spare! [face_laugh]

Thank you for your kind comments.

~~~

PadawanEstel, Why thank you so much!

I felt bad for Obi when I wrote Se'ven coming over. But I still wanted to laugh. [face_blush]

Ahh yes... Rabid Plot bunnies... I think that's my favorite line in the whole story!

But Shhh! [face_shhh] Don't tell them about the names! That's cheating!

~~~

PadawanKitara, Thank you! [:D]

~~~

dianethx, Adorable? Me? O:) [face_blush]

Thank you very much.

Ah, the Rabid Plot Bunnies were my fav!

~~~

Healer_Leona, Thank you so much!

My own ideas often roll in such a way.

I'm very glad that you liked it!

~~~

Thanks again to everyone!