main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Announcement about the Administration (Updated June 21, 2004)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Kimball_Kinnison, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    May I inquire as to how Josh feels he can handle the position of head administrator given his sometimes sporadic online time (he was recently offline for about a week) and his general unfamiliarity with various parts of the JC. I'd appreciate any sort of reasonable explanation

Well, his absence was mentioned to us before he left (because he was involved in moving to California from what he said), but he says that he feels that it is the best option, and that he can handle it. In fact, his absence was the reason that this announcement was delayed for so long.

Kimball Kinnison

2. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I've interviewed Josh a few times. He seems to be an effective choice to me. He knows what he wants.

3. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Bring on the errant landlord pastor.

We'll see if he's worthy of the position he's granted himself.

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Well, understood on the recent absence.

However, Josh has rarely been involved with the day to day running of the JC, with a few exceptions throughout the course of JC history. For several months after administration was reorganized in November of 2002, he took a more active role than he previously had, but that waned with time and still didn't approach the amount of time and involvement with the day to day running of the JC (not TFN, which is a separate thing, or the prequels, which I know Josh is very much involved with) that the administrators and most moderators put in.

If Josh is to be an effective head administrator, he (like any other good head admin or regular administrator) will need to be involved in Communications on a consistent basis, get to know various people here and familiarize himself with forums he may not be terribly interested in or have much knowledge of. Answering questions and dealing with what might nicely be called "difficult" or "tough" people is part of being an administrator, especially with the top job.

If Josh is committed to doing all of that (and more), I'm sure it'll be fine.

If not, problems may develop.

5. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Any chance of him replacing nashira in icons ?

6. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I would be extremely surprised if Josh's visibility and involvement in the JC (and comms) approaches that of Kadue, Vert, Sapient or Raven.

7. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    You guys take this stuff waaaay too seriously.

8. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    He's not going to spend much time in Communications. He's leaving that to we admins. He is going to spend more time on the boards though, and will be more easily reached if there is a problem.

9. Darth_Smelly

Darth_Smelly Jedi Master star 4

Mar 29, 2004
    Any chance of him replacing nashira in icons ?

Nice flame......show some respect to the mods. No need to take cheap shots at a mod because she does not like your "icons".

10. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    So basically raven what you're telling us is he's going to occasionaly make prnouncement sin comms and refuse to discuss them while any attempt to discuss thigns with the rest of the admins will quickly result in them "taking it to josh" and nothing ever coming of it?

Well atleast we've got a plan.

11. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    He's replied to me directly in a thread several times recently, I think he's getting much more activity.

Faraday, give the man a chance.

12. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    So basically raven what you're telling us is he's going to occasionaly make prnouncement sin comms and refuse to discuss them while any attempt to discuss thigns with the rest of the admins will quickly result in them "taking it to josh" and nothing ever coming of it?

You can make anything sound bad. [face_not_talking] :p

I can't predict the future, but I hope that he does come in here to discuss things. And he'll definitely be more reachable by PM by everyone.

13. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    I do nto doubt he is and will be active and friendly in 3SA. Unfortunately I don't visit 3SA.

Sape mentioned mods who are cncerned about their forum and really don't pay attention to anything else. Well Josh is that, not even really since he doesn't really act as a mod.

14. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    And he'll definitely be more reachable by PM by everyone.

Well last I checked, anyone can PM him through the same means anyone else can be PMed. It's not like you have to go through an approval process to PM Josh.

Does your statement mean he will actually reply to PMs more often?

15. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    He's replyed promptly to my PMs in the past. Why would he stop now ?

16. Darth_Smelly

Mar 29, 2004
    He's replyed promptly to my PMs in the past. Why would he stop now ?

Well then that must mean he responds to everyone's PMs promptly.

17. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Considering Im a user he doesnt even know, it certainly makes him look better.

quit looking for negative things all the time smelly, Don't make things personal.

18. Darth_Smelly

Mar 29, 2004
    quit looking for negative things all the time smelly, go tell a fart joke or something suitably lowbrow for you.

Wow....2 flames on one page...first Nashira and then me. I am not looking for anything negative. I am simply pointing out that just because he responds to your PM's does not mean that he replies to anyone else's. Heck....you could just be making that up to gain favor with the "administration".

19. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Guys, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Unless it's funny. :)

Josh only posts in the 3SA, so I'm not too sure about him being the head admin. But I'm sure he'll do all right, since he is only a PM away.

20. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    If it's productive, that's OK too...

21. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Let's stop on the personal remarks about other users.

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Why is he still a manager?

23. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Meh, he proably has had admin powers all along :p

24. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    He's an admin and his title's updated.

25. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Personal comments like that are not appropriate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.