main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GEN CON on Saturday...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Beret, yes, you got the dinner plans right.

Mike, you have to go and buy a pass now...and you want to get down to Gen Con as early as possible or you could literally be in line for an hour or two. I think they go on sale on Sat at 8am, but don't quote me.

2. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    I remember when i went last year we bought tickets there and the line wasn't bad at all...

3. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Hey, anybody going to Gencon on Saturday, could you do me a favor & drop by the Mystic eye booth & say hi to artist Frank Krug for me? I can't go :( but want somebody to say hi to him for me, please?
    (He's easy to recognize, he looks like Tom Green.)

4. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    The lines are fine, guys. The wait isn't too bad at all, maybe 20 minutes tops. They move 'em fast.

No lockers to speak of: Sorry Beret.

My feet hurt. I think I should go home now.

(Twisty, live from GenCon)

5. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    Woohoo sounds like a blast! :p

6. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Grrr...I'm going to bed now.

Oh, and badges go on sale at 7am.

7. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    Heh, if you get that bored tomarrow and I see yah, I'll give yah a Boba Style nod ^_^

8. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    I'll be in my Jedi costume tomorrow.

9. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    Ok, I'm not sure a Fett should be seen talk'n to a Jedi, you know, the whole Jedi Extermination thing :p, jk, cya there.

10. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Bruce and I are 4 dayers and will be there on Saturday as Rebel Fleet Troopers so look for the large white helmets! Saturday registration lines can be a long wait so be prepared (get there as early as possible). Yesterday was the busiest Thursday we've seen in 10 years! Lots of people were saying the same thing....maybe because it's the last hurrah of GenCon in Milwaukee, everyone is coming........

We would love to go out to dinner afterwards to Giordano's but, to tell you the truth, I didn't notice it at the Grand yesterday when we went there for lunch on the 3rd Floor. Giordano's is on the first floor, just to the left of the main entrance, right? Maybe because of the new main entrance I just missed it....but, let's meet inside, where the bear and pool used to be (it's all gone!) at 6:30PM Saturday. If Giordano's is still there, great! If not, we can figure something else out.

I will not be checking the boards until either Sunday or Monday so, if plans change, someone tell us on Saturday. :)

11. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Ok...here's my deal. Jenna's funeral is Saturday morning so I won't be making it to the Con. I should be able to make it to dinner though. I've never been to Grand Ave. mall, but I'll be there. It'll be just what I need tommorow night. :)

12. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes, Giordano's is on street level.

13. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Um, okay, Giordano's may be a problem. I say we still meet in the same area of the mall and then figure out from there what to do if they aren't open. I tried to call to make a reservation for 17, and the phone has been disconnected. My co-worker said that she was just down there the other day and swears they still are open....

14. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We've done the food court before up on the top level. Otherwise there are places around to walk to downtown. We're meeting inside the mall doors correct? Just inside the entrance where the bear used to be (see how often I go to that crappy mall?). At least that's where we'll be..see you all there tomorrow.:)

Dwayne and Marcy

15. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Is that the entrance that faces Wisconsin Ave.?

16. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    So not only is Jenna's funeral tommorow, but it's the first Packer game!! Family tradition bars me from going anywhere during a game. :) Hence, I can't come to dinner. I know it's preseason, but...I can't miss it. You all have fun. Sorry I can't make it!!

17. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    The one that faces Wisconsin...yeap.:)

Marcy

18. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    Hey all i'm not gonna be at the con but i'm hoping to get to that restaurant sometime after 6:30 sooo just don't quick change your mind!! other wise i'll be lost!! thanks!!

19. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    Well after thinking I was forgotten and not able to go, my ride came and noon and we had alot of fun on Friday. I got to meet a few people from the board *waves to Twisty* and had alot of fun wear'n my Jango costume and taking pictures with people. The parking was a bit nuts, but there weren't too many people there to make it insane inside and the anime room was entertaining to say the least ^_^; I'm really upset that it's leaving Milwaukee but there's always Wizard World... anyway, great time, hope to meet some more of you soon!

20. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    ughhh...Kylash, your costume was pretty cool. I should have snapped a picture of you as well. Eh, oh well. Maybe Filmcon.

(As I am half-awake and not quite sane after a 1am LARP session, forgive any gramatical and intelligence errors that may exist in this post)

21. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Hey, I got back from getting passes and was finally able to check out the bad 'o goodies. If anyone doesn't want the Buffy the Vampire Slayer cards, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

Looking forward to my first GenCon!!

Catie

22. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    *goes through GenCon withdrawl*

Closed the dealers room at 6pm.... *grumblegrumble*

23. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I would really like to come so I hope if we do need reservations, I can just take Megan's place. I hope that will be okay.

24. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    So that restaurant doesn't exhist! I went down at about 7 to meet up with you guys, and found out the place is gone. :( Dang. I hope you all had fun though!

25. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm so very sorry you missed us. Yes, we didn't find out until Saturday morning that Giordano's had closed, and when we got together at the mall at 6:30pm, we made the decision to go to Joey Buono's instead (which was over on Water Street). If we'd known you were coming later, we could have made arrangements to find a way to let you know what had happened. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.