main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GEN CON on Saturday...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Not a big deal. I should have had someone's cell phone # with me. My lack of foresight is my own downfall. :)

2. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    bah, mother forgot to take the film in today so I'll have my pics Wednesday.

3. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
  4. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    way to go guys you all look great

5. SameSithDifferentDay

SameSithDifferentDay Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    Hehehe... Looks like Kris is wearing SPF #412. :p

6. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Excellent pic! Thanks for posting it. :D

7. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Wow, you are fast, Tom. Not a bad pic, eh? And I still think Kris's costume rocks! In some of the pics Bob took, his garnet contacts just glow! Very cool!

Well, last night I went over to my parents' to use their scanner. Turns out their computer's on the fritz, and damn thing wouldn't recognize their scanner. So no pics yet. Hoping to finally get off our duffs and get a new scanner for our computer tonight... I don't know...

I mean, the group pics turned out so well, that I'm dying to upload them to my web album so you guys can see them! :)

Oh, well, soon...

8. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I finally made it to a GenCon!!
    And it was fabulous. I know nothing of gaming, but I had a wonderful time. And it was all due to the company. So I have to thank everyone who let me hang out with them. It made everything much less scary.

Liz, thanks for giving me the lowdown on the place and helping me identify some of the more obscure (to me, at least) characters. I'm sorry I didn't make it on Friday so we could have hung out more.

Beret, congratulations!! For all the nervousness you displayed before the contest, you looked awesome up on stage with the Leia look going on. Brava! I'm very very sorry I couldn't stay for the entire contest. Well, I'm sorry on both your and Kris' behalf, that I couldn't cheer for the fan favorite part. I'm not terribly sorry I missed the "talent" portion. Although it's been a while since I've gotten a good MSTie session in.

Dawn, thank you for being my companion whilst wandering around the dealers' room. I'm sorry you didn't find anything for you, but my t-shirt is just ducky. And I'm so happy I found someone else who knows of and enjoyed The Maxx! That might be a bit cerebral for a movie night, but if you ever want to borrow it, I have it! And Battle of the Planets.

And as for dinner, I can't recall when I have had such fun. Aside from Jeff shamelessly flirting with the waitress, it was a flawless evening. After two very stressfull months (with no end in sight) at work, days, even hours like that are what keep me together when the going gets rough. Thanks to everyone. I really needed that.

Catie

Oh, and Jeff -- if you need, say, a technical advisor or something similar for the develoment of the Buffy LARP, I'm here for ya. I don't know anything about LARPs, but I'm fluent in the mythology of the Buffyverse.

And Kris -- it's been almost five days and I still can't get the image of your Thrawn out of my head. Something about those red contacts. Ooph.

9. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    GenCon Pics!

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/kylash_327/lst?.dir=/GenCOn+2002&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/

I cant get the stupid mark up code to work, so just copy and paste.

10. Jedi_Bane

Jedi_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
  11. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    Thanks much!

12. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey, Marcy digs the Maxx. It was one of the only McFarlane figures that she wanted, as opposed to all the twisted and demented ones that I have. I think she largely likes the Maxx for the Iz. I would put it in a sort of "heavy" category, kind of like trying to sit through HBO's animated cartoon... "look mommy, a cartoon... mommy, why are the people naked... and what is the big clown doing with the axe?" I was in my mid-20s when I first saw it, and... I don't think I was old enough yet.

Marcy and I were in pretty much the same boat with Dawn as for not finding much. There were a lot less toy dealers this year. And though we did pick up a few Robotech items, and some fun stuff for Marcy, really not much available there for non gamers. And no Parn of course. Parn's not even on Ebay.

- Dwayne

13. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    The Maxx is very heavy. Stirred my brain up when I first saw it. I've been trying to wrap my head around it ever since. It was brought to my attention again when some brainiac (not sarcasm) posed a question to the Buffyguide.com boards. It was then I finally got it. I have yet to watch the entire string of episodes since learning the actual plot (it's very metaphysical and deeply psychological), but I think I'm going to give it a go tonight.

By the way, what other stuff has this McFarlane done?

14. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I went to Gen Con and all I got was this stupid sword.
    [image=http://realmoffantasy.com/swords/images/UC1267%20on%20plaque%20.jpg]

15. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Gee, and I got an autographed photo, an autographed LP, an autographed trading card, 5 autographed books, a sword, 2 boxes of European SW trading cards, a free tshirt, an autographed photo for my best friend's bday, and also got to give my autograph to an author. :) Add all of that and the great dinner we had that night, and I think I had a ton of fun. :D

16. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Very nice pics, Kylash! Wish I could have seen your costume in person. :)

17. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Kylash,
    Very well done, i think the jungle girl could replace Zem Wessal. :D :)

jedi kiss rock

ps sorry if i misspelled her name worng :(

18. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Tom, I have a stupid question....how do I post a picture or two from GenCon on this thread? I just want to attach them from my picture CD. I may be good with swords but sometimes this techno stuff baffles me! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.