main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Continued Discussion Regarding the Moderator Selection Process

Discussion in 'Communications' started by saerah, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    DA: My post was on topic deal with it.

I don't think having users apply for modship would be a good idea. I think the general useres should know in advance when mods are going to be picked. A few days or a week. I also feel having a few other people being involved in the selection process would make it more representative of the population of user who frequent the tfn boards. If some type of advisor council helps make the mod selection process more repressentative then i'm all for it, and it clearly is clearly within the scope of this thread. If there is another way to improve things i would ne happy to hear about it. I all ready proposed one way. Unfortunitly it was too complicated.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    If the selection process, however the staff does it, wouldn't go unchanged, I think users applying for Modship might not be too bad of an idea. However, the staff would need people just to deal with such requests, because they would likely get hundreds on such a large site as this.

Another idea, doesn't the official site have "forum hosts" and moderator's? Why not apply that here?

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    DA...
    "Not sure if you're up to date here Genghis, DarthSapient stated the current policy towards user input to promotions on the last page. A new AC is not part of it."

I'm not sure if you read DarthSapient's statement of current policy towards user input to promotions now a few pages ago, but if you did, you obviously missed some key points.

The Modsquad is always open to new ideas concerning things, and as Sapient stated, we're open to new ideas like what NJOFan proposed here with respect to some sort of advisory council being involved in the process.

If anyone wishes to continue discussing the Moderator Selection Process within this thread, even to the point of suggesting some new ideas for the process they are entirely free to do so.

4. dr_funkenstein

dr_funkenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Hey all, I'm new to this forum. Wondering how I go about lobbying for someone to be made a mod - not myself of course.

5. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Your best bet would be to PM a mod from the forum you think that person would be best for, and let them know who you think would be good for the job and why.

6. dr_funkenstein

dr_funkenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Thanks, I'll do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.