main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] How about a games thread forum?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Siths_Revenge, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Game threads are fun and popular! How about an entire forum dedicated to them to relieve the JCC?

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    This has been suggested before, and turned down (for good reason, I think).

It's not that game threads are all bad, or bad for the JCC, it's just that there can't be too many of them. The JCC can't really afford to have more taken out of it.

3. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Frankly, the JCC can afford to have more taken out of it. Just because a man loses an arm, it doesn't mean he can't crap.

But I think a forum like this would be a waste. Every now and again, having games forums like that for Big Brother work fine. Keep the existing games in their current forums. There isn't any overflow or crowding, so there's no real need for the extra forum.

4. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Games are a small part of cetain fourms, like 'Teh Mole' in the welcome fourm, or the harry potter crap in JCC.

If you want your own game fourm, get a free fourm and make it. This fourm is here for S-T-A-R- W-A-R-S (and the JCC, which is like the drunken cousin that noone wants, but noone has teh brass balls to kick out.)

5. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Where's that picture of the dead horse being beaten? Not gonna happen, S_R, for reasons described by KW and Bane.

And Janson, it's "t-h-e." No one thinks "teh" is funny anymore. In fact, I'm not sure anyone ever did.

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    It's a nice idea. We have our lots of games available to users around the forums though and so I don't see the need for an entire forum dedicated to strictly games.

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    frankly....the games would suffer...because new users would never see the games being played.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.