main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] I find this advertisement disturbing...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Talonah, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talonah

Talonah Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 29, 2004
    Help! There's this window from Macromedia asking if I want to install Flash Player 7. I don't want to. It's happening with almost every JC page I visit, and it's becoming very annoying. I can't figure out how to stop it without installing it, which my dad said I can't.

I assume it's related to an advertisement, because before I click "no," the advertisement at the top of the page is all white. After I click "no," the advertisement appears.

EDIT: My question is answered.

2. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I get the same thing. I just hit yea because it got annoying.

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    You'll have to download an effective ad blocker to your computer. All that stuff is beyond our control at the board-level. Unfortunately, you'll either have to deal with it or do what you can at your level to disallow it from affecting your JC pages.

4. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I am getting this as well, at work. it's frustrating because it's ...every....single...page.

Although, at home, i have google toolbar with a popbup blocker, and I have no problems.

5. Talonah

Talonah Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 29, 2004
    Drat. Okay, thanks.

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    And where I am I get nothing because we have the ad blockers here. That's why I was saying you'll have to handle it at your own level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.